Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

MMS with custom Rom's

Does any one know how to get MMS working with a custom ROM on the EVO 4G? I am running Radiance-RC1.2.1 (android 2.3.5 Sense 3.5)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    eliment

Did you try to do ##3282# then Advance settings, go to mmsc and input http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    Last edited by eliment; 12-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

It's easy, check the tutorial on this forum.

None of them work. Something is different about sense 3.5. I'm tryin to figure this out.

Phone
    EVO 3D

I am using Xplod XE 0.0.4 ROM with Android 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 3.0. I grabbed the .xml from the tutorial, edited the info and placed on the root of my sd card. The folder was originally named "apnbackuprestore", but APN BU&R complained about the /mnt/backup folder nothing was found in "ApnBackupRestore". I tried to rename it but windows just kept the old cache lower-case folder since it didnt see the folder case-sensitivity as a rename. I actually had to rem the folder completely and recreate it with the case sensitive "ApnBackupRestore". I gave the mnt time to dismount from windows and re-mnt in droid. It then seen the Cricket.xml and worked. I just got done testing it actually with my wife's phone.

I tried manually editing the ##3283# as well and got a no go. I also tried going into Messaging>Settings>MMS>Connection Settings and setting it to the old proxy and port....

I can note to you in there my settings are as follows:

Name: CDMA-MMS
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

(that address is new to me)
    MMS Proxy/Port = (not set)
    MMS Proto: Wap 2.0...

Last edited by cnewman402; 01-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

eliment

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman402 View Post
    I can note to you in there my settings are as follows:

Name: CDMA-MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php (that address is new to me)
    MMS Proxy/Port = (not set)
    MMS Proto: Wap 2.0...

Are those the full settings for your MMS..seems like proxy and port part are missing (NOT mmsport and mmsproxy) which should be set to proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080"

this is pretty much how my apn looks

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" p***word="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php
    " type="mms" />
    </apns>

btw i am using MikG 2.61 which is sense 2.1.. i hope you find a fix because i was getting ready to upgrade to MikG 3.0 which is sense 3.0 and now i am just thinking about waiting.

Last edited by eliment; 01-05-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Phone
    EVO 3D

The ROM im using is Sense 3.0 maybe it works better with version 3.0? The APN you placed is exactly what im using. My Connection settings above are exactly as stated. I had to remove all APN's before installing the APN to get it working. I started a new EVO 4G last night for a family member and it worked okay. He told me today he cannot send MMS but he can receive. The only difference betweek our two handsets is our ROMs that I know of right now.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="##########@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>
    Perhaps some programming in your phone is not correct? I'm pretty busy with my PC Shop but I can remote in and look at your settings in QPST if you want me to. You would have to contact me between 9-5 CST while im down at the shop so my kid isn't crawling all over me.

The following is a google result landing me in a Energy ROM thread over at XDA:
    Go on your stock Rom that has working mms. Back up those apns... Then anytime you flash a custom or new Rom delete the apns that are in it, then restore your stock ones... I have to do that to every 3.5 Rom but I have working mms. Real easy
    Link:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...401567&page=21

Post #207

Last edited by cnewman402; 01-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.

In 3.5 sense Roms mms will not work by using ##3282 3.5 sense Roms are mostly ports from other phones until HTC gets 3.5 sense. Sorry but not possible atm until then.

MMS

ive actually got my mms to work once upon a time on that same ROM. i used apn manager in combination with apn backup and restore.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by named101 View Post
    In 3.5 sense Roms mms will not work by using ##3282 3.5 sense Roms are mostly ports from other phones until HTC gets 3.5 sense. Sorry but not possible atm until then.
    You may be able to use anycut to link to the connection editor activity manually. In my brief time examining the contents of the Sense3.5 MMS application, I found an activity labeled HTCCDMAConnectionEditor, which may allow folks to edit connection parameters. This may prove useful in getting functional MMS on ported/flashed devices.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

If u have voice dialer just use it and say "open APNS", then delete any apns u find in there, then in menu choose 'restore default', then edit the one that pops up by changing all settings to the pertinent cricket settings EXCEPT the "name" and "mnc"(if u change these the apn doesn't stick for some reason). Then save and reboot.
    This is the only method that ever worked to get my mms working on the evo. Its the only way I could get the apn to stick.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thread Information