Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MMS Issues

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Thats ok. I was wondering where the android mms was too. Now that the android app is uninstalled, what is happening? Is mms working?
    Last edited by wiseoldman; 02-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    www.cdmaflasher.com
    Overall activity: 0%

You will lose MMS. Most likely you will have to go back to the dealer and re flash. You should only use the Android messaging app. None other than that.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDMAFlasher View Post
    You will lose MMS. Most likely you will have to go back to the dealer and re flash. You should only use the Android messaging app. None other than that.
    I have the stock mms app & Handcent, (just like she does), and mms works. Having that android mms.ihavegreat.info app is no different than having Handcent or GO SMS installed.

www.cdmaflasher.com

Bcoz the way her phone was flashed it does matter. Its the only way it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Thats ok. I was wondering where the android mms was too. Now that the android app is uninstalled, what is happening? Is mms working?
    I'm no longer getting double notifications. Still no MMS, no matter if it's sent from stock or Handcent. I don't think my phone is programmed properly... In the connection settings list in the stock app it says
    http://mms.sprintpcs.com

for MMSC. Could this be the problem?

Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

lala try this

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Just edit the "your10digit#here" part with your phone number and save this.

Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (included in this thread and on the Market) on your Evo. Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the APN i attached BTW make sure you edit the xml file with note pad and put YOUR number in it.

You should have everything working now. Talk, text and Internet. I've already attached the .XML file its called Cricket.

Once all of that is done install the cricketmms.apk once thats installed,
    install the SMSFix-2.3.4 app and once its done open SMS Time and click "adjustment method' and select "use phone time". instead of using the stock texting app you will use universal CKT for you texting and MMS.SMSFix-2.3.4.apk APNShortcut-v1.0.apk apnbackuprestore.apk cricketmms.apk Cricket.xml

Last edited by Trevaryn; 02-04-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Gold Member

Yes, i agree with Trevatyn that the APN/xml settings need changing.

Phone
    Droid 3, Droid X2

Dam it lol i need my user name fix...... supposed to be "Trevaryn"

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevatyn View Post
    lala try this

<apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Place it on your phone's SDCard under a folder called "apnbackuprestore". Then open the Android App APN Backup and Restore (included in this thread and on the Market) on your Evo. Backup the stock settings. Then delete APNs and restore the APN i attached BTW make sure you edit the xml file with note pad and put YOUR number in it.

You should have everything working now. Talk, text and Internet. I've already attached the .XML file its called Cricket.

install the SMSFix-2.3.4 app and once its done open SMS Time and click "adjustment method' and select "use phone time". instead of using the stock texting app you will use universal CKT for you texting and MMS.SMSFix-2.3.4.apk APNShortcut-v1.0.apk apnbackuprestore.apk cricketmms.apk Cricket.xml

Thank you so much, I'm all fixed!!! Now I can fully enjoy my phone again. In case anyone was wondering, It works perfect from Handcent, not just the new "stock" app Cricket MMS. I got exactly what I wanted Thanks everyone for your help.

Dude, this problem has been driving me crazy for about 3 days now. Finally fixed you are the shit

worked on htc evo 4g running rom rc6.1 sense 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Trevaryn View Post
    lala try this

<apns count="1">

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Thank for this it worked the 1st time! evo 4g running sense 3.5 rc-6.1 rom awesome rom now works 100%

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Just remove all the apps and leave stock. Then restore proper apns through apn backup and restore. All will be good.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevaryn View Post
    lala try this

<apns count="1">

" type="mms" />
    </apns>

I did everything here for an HTC Incredibe, it didn't work at first. I had to edit the apn though, apn backup and restore wouldn't restore, but it would delete though. I put the phone in airplane mode, then I used the apn shortcut to open it, and manually put this apn in,

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: not set
    port: not set
    username: yournumberhere@mycricket.com
    password: cricket
    server:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms.php

mms proxy: not set
    mms port: 8080
    mms protocol: wap 2.0
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 016
    authentication type pap or chap
    apn type: default,mms

I hit menu, then save and I saw the apn i made in the list. I turned airplane mode off, I made sure that the phone had the proper prl file flashed with qpst, and the proper yournumberhere@mycricket.com were all in the right place and what not, just pretty much reflashed it. Everything is fully functional. I work at a cricket store that flashes phones and I will get more info as i learn more tips and tricks. any questions, feel free to pm me at any time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information