Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Need help please on a newly flashed Evo 4g was fine now missing youtube, and market

I just fully flashed a Evo the other night for a friend, he already had a flashed Evo on Cricket with the $55 plan but he broke it,
    I flashed the new one and imputed my friends same phone number with QPST
    I did all of this correctly:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" p***word="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="
    http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

" type="mms" />
    </apns>
    I then also did the:
    go to advanced > RTSP Proxy Address (for stock Gingerbread it's advanced > RTSP/HTTP Setting > RTSP Proxy Address). Make this 0.0.0.0 (had to use 254.254.254.254 for Gingerbread). Also make the HTTP PD Proxy Address 0.0.0.0 (had to use 254.254.254.254 for Gingerbread)
    **actually I had to use the 254.254.254.254..................but it did not work until I changed the rtsp and http ports to 0 then it was all good.

When I was all done the phone was completely working with Market, internet, and all streaming sites such as you tube were all good all on 3G.
    I gave the phone to my friend and he called it in to have it changed on his account, he hung up waited a half hour and the phone did not work, he called back and they had placed the MEID number wrong they corrected it and had him dial *228 I had informed him not to do the *228 but he did anyway.
    NOW the phone makes calls and all of the internet works and mms but the phone will when trying to connect to Market says to create a new Gmail account then when he hits enter it fails to connect to the google servers. Also youtube streaming now does not work or any other streaming site.
    I got his phone back and the proxy setting are all still correct ( I also tried changing to all 0's still no good changed back to 254.254.254.254) and I deleted all apn's and restored the modified cricket one and still the same issue.

What else can I try???

Last edited by HAMMER37; 03-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

More than likely they put him on a flashed phone plan, when he *228'd it probobly deleted the apn's. try redoing the apn's and have him check to see what plan and device is showing when he logs in to check his account. If the device is listed as a "flashed phone" there is half your problem. (forum admins can help out with that ) try looking over your flash settings again and make sure nothing else got changed. After a cricket cooperate programmed my droid X, even though I told him not to, I had to redo some of the QPST settings, NV items, and make sure the password is still in there, the apn... sigh... fun.

Just thought of something else... if they put him on the 45 dollar plan.... proxy is in the way, or other way around, if you programmed it for the 45 dollar plan and they put him on the 55... well.. you get the idea. My first step would be to get him to log in and find out,
    1. what plan he is on
    2. what device it says he has.

you should be able to get it working from there
    Last edited by Pestelence; 03-05-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks for are your help, what sucks is that I'm so slow at all of this that it took me about 3 hours just to flash that Evo, I know how to re-do the apn's easy enough but I'll probably have trouble fixing any qpst settings without just starting all over from scratch.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

I edited my post

I edited my post as I thought of something else, check it out

If he just calls Cricket will they tell him if he is on the flash phone plan? if yes would they change it for him to the $55.00 plan?
    I accepted the pain on the a** OTA update on that Evo to 2.3.5 in doing that it made it SUPER HARD to root the phone since I have not rooted it I can't make it work on the $45 plan because cannot do Green45.

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

well, have him log in online and check to see what he has, if they gave him a 45 dollar plan - there is the problem. (proxy server)

He needs the 55 dollar plan if your not going to root it. after that everything will get much easier. If he's not on the 45 dollar plan... post, and I will see what I can dig up for ideas

I'll try to have him check tomorrow, ...but he was always on the $55 plan with his prior flashed Evo and he never canceled the account or anything like that he only called to add the new Evo MEID.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    I'll try to have him check tomorrow, ...but he was always on the $55 plan with his prior flashed Evo and he never canceled the account or anything like that he only called to add the new Evo MEID.
    Always tell ur customer to never accept ota. I left a post about rooting evo 4g. U will need to use ruu for new to update because the ota will not wotk correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

What is ruu????? I cannot root it very easily now because it has hboot 2.18 and s-on

Quote Originally Posted by Pestelence View Post
    well, have him log in online and check to see what he has, if they gave him a 45 dollar plan - there is the problem. (proxy server)

He needs the 55 dollar plan if your not going to root it. after that everything will get much easier. If he's not on the 45 dollar plan... post, and I will see what I can dig up for ideas
    My friend called Cricket today and of coarse for some dumb reason they had switched him to the $55 Mexico plan for what reason I have no idea, then he did another *228 and I just had to restore the Cricket apn file and all was working fine again. Thanks.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    My friend called Cricket today and of coarse for some dumb reason they had switched him to the $55 Mexico plan for what reason I have no idea, then he did another *228 and I just had to restore the Cricket apn file and all was working fine again. Thanks.
    Go the 40 plan to get the Web working.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    notanymor
    Phone
    T-Mobile GS5

Plan check

Cool glad that worked out, and it was just the plan. That is always the first thing to check when your web/mms is not working like it should.

As for the 40 or 45 dollar plan as far as I am aware you need root for that and a different APN

Glad it worked out, if his web is slow then check the plan again and be sure to check what device os listed. If its a flased phone listed as the device then contact the forum admins using the contact form and they can get that fixed.
    Last edited by Pestelence; 03-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information