Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

No 3G service in Charlotte, NC

Just last night my EVO 4G running Energy ROM version 1.10.2012 suddenly stopped receiving 3G service. There is usually a 3G icon, but it's gone. Can't enable GreenK45 or anything. I've done two manual reboot (battery pulls) and even changed the PRL. Very frustrated as nothing I've tried has worked. It will still make and receive calls but states there is no data connection when doing anything involving connecting to the internet.

Any ideas?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    EVO 4G

I ran into the same issue. My internet has been running very slow. I have the 3 g back up but its very slow. I was not sure if I had hit my 1gb top off or what. But I called Cricket and they said there were no issues in the area.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by flashcash View Post
    Just last night my EVO 4G running Energy ROM version 1.10.2012 suddenly stopped receiving 3G service. There is usually a 3G icon, but it's gone. Can't enable GreenK45 or anything. I've done two manual reboot (battery pulls) and even changed the PRL. Very frustrated as nothing I've tried has worked. It will still make and receive calls but states there is no data connection when doing anything involving connecting to the internet.

Any ideas?

I ran into the same issue. My internet has been running very slow. I have the 3 g back up but its very slow. I was not sure if I had hit my 1gb top off or what. But I called Cricket and they said there were no issues in the area.
    In south texas where I live they did the same thing but they change the prls and delete some. That what may have happen in your area and now you will need to find new prls and test your heart out.

Overall activity: 8.0%

hey avilla.. i live in south texas and this just started happeing to me. do you know what PRL i should switch too?

So I don't know if it was something with the ROM as a power saving feature but it had unchecked the "Mobile network" connection box. I definitely didn't uncheck it, and it was the last thing I looked at before about giving up to reflash the phone.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by choppingjerks View Post
    hey avilla.. i live in south texas and this just started happeing to me. do you know what PRL i should switch too?
    I haven't found any great ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

just received a text telling me to dial *228 for a "REQUIRED" system update. not sure if i should dial it.

someone try this...

from a sense rom dial ##3282#, enter your MSL/password and then change the EVDO settting from CDMA to automatic.
    if it's all ready on automatic, like mine was, select CDMA and then reselect automatic, then save.

found this in the cynaogen forums and somehow, it fixed my problem.

Thread Information