Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Question Recently flashed Evo 4g at Cricket Store: intermittent 3g, no MMS, other issues

Hello. I took my recently inherited my future mother-in-law's Evo 4g. When looking into how to flash it myself, I realized it was in hboot 2.18 and that most of the guides I found were useless to me. Most of the ones that were of use to me went completely over my head, or at least my comfort zone. This is the first phone I've ever tried looked in rooting, so I was clueless. I took it into my Cricket store, instead, who reflashed the thing without a root.

It's generally working well, all the tests we did in the store worked and I payed my $25 dollars and merrily went home, hopped on WiFi and began downloading all the apps my Accend II would crash on or perform poorly with.

I went out after a few hours (and half a battery life later, whoopes) and discovered when I was off WiFi, I constantly get an "Error Code 98. Unable to establish wireless data connection. It the problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company"

I have guessed that my phone isn't downgrading to Edge speeds when I slip in and out of 3g coverage, but I was accessing data in a well covered 3g area, so that's probably wrong. I have no idea how to fix this. Are the 3g icon and service bars suppose to be green when active like they were on my Accend II? They never are, if so.

Secondly, my MMS are not sending and they don't appear to be downloading either. This is because my MMS server is still set to Sprint, but since the phone is not rooted, I don't know how to get my MSL to be able to edit ##DATA# to fix it. If I follow
    this guide

(or another one, I'm open, I just found this one, and it seems to work) and root now, will I have to reflash to Cricket?

Other known issues:
    -Youtube does not connect to server on 3g, but does load videos on WiFi.
    -Camera 360 force closes when sharing images through the app. This is probably not a problem with the phone, but might be.
    -I am using the messaging app from
    here

that the Cricket rep said would fix the known MMS issues, and it force closes occasionally too.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Try using the app APN Backup & Restore to get your mms to work. Create a folder on your SD Card called "APNBackupRestore". Copy over the setting from the flash tutorial for this forum onto notepad and save as .xml file. Copy that over to APNBackupRestore. Run the app and select "Restore" and select the file you copied over.

Your MSL/SPC should be 000000 after it was flashed.

That cricket messaging app didn't work on my EVO 3D either.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I would take it back to the cricket store and have them fix it. You paid for it.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

You dont need root to get MSL, I can help you fix your issue please PM me and I will walk you through it no charge.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

And that ladies and gentlemen is why we suggest you DONT go to a corp store when getting a phone flashed.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen is why we suggest you DONT go to a corp store when getting a phone flashed.

Cheers on that, Woot Woot Woof!

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I didnt think they did flash phone at corp store only authorized dealers. sounds like to me they charged you for a half flash if they already did that msl should already be all 0's unless they didnt change code when they flashed it if they didnt the way i got mine was thru cdma workshop google is ur friend.

Thread Information