Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

what can i do to get faster internet

I recently got a htc evo , and had it flashed over to cricket.What a wast of cash , it is very slow , ive tried differant roms with same outcome.I get 849ms ping
    39kbps download and 93kbps upload.The guy that flashed it said that is as fast as this phone will work on cricket network.Is this true.The phone i had prior to this was a huawei, and it was way faster than the htc.Please help , or am i out of luck.Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

I had the same problem in the past with my previous EVOs. The problem can be a number of things.

You first want to check your PRL. download several PRLs and try them out to see which one works best.

It could also be the tower you are connected to / proximity to the tower. (I had a PRL that was super fast at home but when I got to work, it was horrible, even with full bars)

Also, could be a damaged device. My evo (2 evos ago) had a cracked screen and some rattling on the inside. The phone was much slower than any of my other evos, even when on WiFi.

I would suggest trying those things, mainly the PRL. good luck

Thanks for reply, i hope it isnt the phone it self, screen is not cracked but u can tell it has been dropped a few times( scratches and dings on body) I will look into the prl number and how to change it.And reply back.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

no problem. the one im using that works good is PRL 46xxxx (sorry cant remember the full number) -- you may also want to try a hybrid PRL. if you got more questions , and I dont respond here, msg me, because I always miss the notifications for thread updates -__-

I tried changeing the pdl number with some online , like 00001 pdl and 35568 for cricket , the later was able to get internet but even slower.Can you recomend a site or link were to find more pdl to try.Im in el paso tx if that is any help.Or is there a way to use my old pdl number from the accend and write it to my evo.Thanks

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    evo4g/e3drom/45722

if u live in a triband area the internet is gonna be bad. I live in dc i get around 200 upload & download high ping. feels like dial up. Pandora and navigation work flawlessly, but watching video forget about it. I have wifi pretty much everywhere i go so its not a prob for me. I wanted it for navi basically.

Quote Originally Posted by leezy750 View Post
    if u live in a triband area the internet is gonna be bad. I live in dc i get around 200 upload & download high ping. feels like dial up. Pandora and navigation work flawlessly, but watching video forget about it. I have wifi pretty much everywhere i go so its not a prob for me. I wanted it for navi basically.
    Thanks for the info, I do live in a triband area , but still the most i get is 112 download , and around the same upload.But my cricket accend gets 284 dl speed sometimes higher, and its been disconnected, they said I had to take it in so they could turn it off.Is there a way to extract the pdl file from the accend?Thanks

Thanks nukick for the info.I found a bunch of prl files, and after trying dozens, I found one that rocks.pings at around 100 or less , dl at 200- 400 and uploads at about 180 and up.I was ready to throw my phone out the window.thanks again for all advise.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by mperez79 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I do live in a triband area , but still the most i get is 112 download , and around the same upload.But my cricket accend gets 284 dl speed sometimes higher, and its been disconnected, they said I had to take it in so they could turn it off.Is there a way to extract the pdl file from the accend?Thanks
    So youre saying you ascend still connects to the internet even though its not on your account? If thats the case, that is likely your problem. The network is splitting the connection.

Unprogram your ascend, that should help.
    In the dialer, dial ##626* and send
    when asks for spc, put in 333333, hit ok
    Change the min to your area code and 7 zeros. Example 208000000
    Exit out and phone will reboot. Now it will no linger connect to the web.
    This MAY fix your speed problem.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 4.0%

i have kinda a same issue but my download speeds never get pass 100 and pings are like 200+, before the evo i had a flashed blackberry and well yeah i tried many prls and still trying more and no luck it stays the same no more than 100 download speed. i am currently connected to the andriod plan

Keep trying to find a better prl file , I finnaly found one close to the prl i had on my accend , and it was a hybrid as well , and thats what worked for me.My last option was going to be , takeing it to cricket so they could program it by hand, at least that is what cricket customer support told me.

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by mperez79 View Post
    Keep trying to find a better prl file , I finnaly found one close to the prl i had on my accend , and it was a hybrid as well , and thats what worked for me.My last option was going to be , takeing it to cricket so they could program it by hand, at least that is what cricket customer support told me.
    I'm glad you finally got it working. Don't get too comfortable though. I find myself changing PRLs from time to time. for instance, two days ago my phone and data connection was horrible, and kept dropping to 1X data... even after *228's and reboots it was still horrible. I had to manually program another PRL

the fastest data ive got was around 600kps up and down. right now its in between 200 - 400

Thread Information