Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    eliment

Post What Rom do you have and does everything work??

I figured this would be a good thread to start cuz I know that with some of the newer Sense based Roms people have been having problems getting MMS to work so I was just wondering what Roms people are running on their EVO 4g's and if they where able to get everything running on them.

This way we can try to buld a list of what Roms people can get to completely work with Cricket on their EVO's

As for me I have MikG 2.61 (Sense 2.1 based Rom) and everything works...
    Last edited by eliment; 01-09-2012 at 06:47 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I am in the middle of flashing my sprint phone over to cricket for the first time and I am searching for a good ROM to get things working. Any advice???

thanks!

-david

Phone
    Droid RAZR

I use the Stock ROM, in my experience custom ROM are good but get unstable after some time of using. I prefer the Stock based roms or the AOSP but this have more customization and can get confusing

im using ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3 Samsung Epic 4g with cricket - everything works flawlessly.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I'm running the energy themed sense 3.5 rom.everything but mms works,but I haven't yet tried the fix.other than that all good,even get youtube without WiFi on and voicemail notification works.

I'm using MikG 3.0 Rom and everything works (:

Quote Originally Posted by jqnorman View Post
    im using ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.3 Samsung Epic 4g with cricket - everything works flawlessly.
    You're using an Epic 4G ROM on your EVO 4G or are you just in the wrong forum?

Also rocking the Energy themed ROM, v. 1.10.2012. Works great. Minor Bluetooth issues and likes to just turn off the mobile network presumably when the battery is low (still not sure, but it's happened twice in the past month).
    Last edited by flashcash; 02-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

MikG 3.0.. everything working.. love it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryblank View Post
    MikG 3.0.. everything working.. love it.

Based on your recommendation, I switched ROMS to the Mikg 3.0 and I've got everything working now. Thanks for the tip!

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3

Cool, yw. =]

Phone
    Evo 4G on Mik3D

Running Mik3D-RC1 .Perfect

Its GB 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0 and everything works perfectly. Only thing you have to do is ##3282# and change the MMSC url for your MMS to work but you gotta do that with all on them

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by sammy76 View Post
    I'm running the energy themed sense 3.5 rom.everything but mms works,but I haven't yet tried the fix.other than that all good,even get youtube without WiFi on and voicemail notification works.
    I am running this rom as well. Everything works great! But like he said, at first MMS doesn't work. You need to have a specific APN, then I couldn't edit the MMS Server URL through ##3282#, so I had to download GoSMS Pro and configure my APN settings in that app according to the specific APN I'd used. Took me forever to figure out but I'm thankful I got it all working. Talk, text, data, and MMS on Energy Sense 3.5 GB rom

Finally got every thing to work. I was on stock 2.3.3 with talk text 3g and gps. Couldnt get youtube to work with any of the ##3282# settings regardless if I changed the adresses to 254.254.254.254 or 0.0.0.0. and have never had any luck with sending MMS. So heres what I did I hope this helps someone it took me forever to figure this out. Full wipe, Install MikG 3.11, flash tokens mms fix from the full flash tutorial. open the messaging app go to settings then multimedia settings. set max message size to 500k(dont know if this is right but it works so im not touching it) now go to the connection settings and the mmsc should already say
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

, if not the mms fix didnt flash properly, now set mms port to 8080 and mms proxy to wap.mycricket.com now back out and ##3282# set the bottom 4 settings to all 0's reboot and your good to go just be sure to have 3g on if your using mms, I use greenk45 since its easy...hope this helped someone Ive been trying to get this evo fully flashed for 2 weeks.

Last edited by kudzero; 04-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.

i sware im in the same boat as you ! i couldnt get youtube to work i tried everything and same with mms !
    the ##data# didnt work i even tried reflashing it and it didnt work
    i recently flash it too the MikG 3.11 rom and now the youtube works but how did you get the MMS to work ?
    help me out yeaa ?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kudzero View Post
    Finally got every thing to work. I was on stock 2.3.3 with talk text 3g and gps. Couldnt get youtube to work with any of the ##3282# settings regardless if I changed the adresses to 254.254.254.254 or 0.0.0.0. and have never had any luck with sending MMS. So heres what I did I hope this helps someone it took me forever to figure this out. Full wipe, Install MikG 3.11, flash tokens mms fix from the full flash tutorial. open the messaging app go to settings then multimedia settings. set max message size to 500k(dont know if this is right but it works so im not touching it) now go to the connection settings and the mmsc should already say
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

, if not the mms fix didnt flash properly, now set mms port to 8080 and mms proxy to wap.mycricket.com now back out and ##3282# set the bottom 4 settings to all 0's reboot and your good to go just be sure to have 3g on if your using mms, I use greenk45 since its easy...hope this helped someone Ive been trying to get this evo fully flashed for 2 weeks.

i sware im in the same boat as you ! i couldnt get youtube to work i tried everything and same with mms !
    the ##data# didnt work i even tried reflashing it and it didnt work
    i recently flash it too the MikG 3.11 rom and now the youtube works but how did you get the MMS to work ?
    help me out yeaa ?

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...#ixzz1sqFhLKFa

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Is your 3g working? You HAVE to be on 3g and not wifi to use MMS. Second have you flashed the cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip file from recovery? After you do this open the messenger app and look at the settings go to MMS settings and open connection settings set MMS proxy to wap.mycricket.com and port to 8080.. If that doesnt work PM me Ill try to help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information