Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

On $45 plan, internet and MMS issues, resolved going to $55 plan?

I have (my wife uses) a flashed Samsung Fascinate flashed to Cricket running on the $45 plan (using GreenK45 for 3G). She loves the phone, and moved over to Cricket from Verizon... but it hasn't been smooth for her. I originally flashed a Droid Incredible to Cricket for her and had issues with internet staying connected (had to reboot the phone multiple times per day) MMS (sometimes pics would come through, most of the time it would just saying 'downloading' and wouldn't come through unless she rebooted).

I want to know if I can move from the $45 plan to the $55 plan and get stable internet and MMS on a flashed phone currently running GreenK45 for internet? I assume I just need to uninstall GreenK45? Do I need to do anything with the ASN?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Did you already try the Cricket Eris MMS fix on your phone?

If so, I think the issue could be either a bad flash and/or just the ROM for that particular phone.

Not all ROMS are stable...not all ROMS are good ROMS. They go through updates and revisions and changes into new ROMS and things like that.

I'm using the HTC Evo 4g phone; I flashed it myself almost a year ago with the Jiminy Cricket ROM.

However, I had to upgrade to the MikG 3.0 ROM for the HTC Evo4g a couple of months ago since my data (not internet) all of sudden stopped working. When I tried both the paid and free version GreenK45 on the Jiminy Cricket ROM, I kept getting an "enabling" message over and over and over...like it was stuck trying to enable GreenK45.

Once I upgraded to the Mikg3.0 ROM with GreenK45, I had data enabled right away!

So I do think ensuring you have a good and stable ROM is important, and also reflashing and/or double checking your settings might help.

If you haven't done the Cricket Eris MMS fix, it's worth a try! Read this post of mine:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...html#post53577
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 03-24-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks... pretty familiar with ROMS. I'm running the GeeWiz 2.6 ROM on the Fascinate, which is a debloated and cleaned up version of the stock ROM. There isn't much added in to it... just mostly debloating the Verizon crap from the original and a few tweaks to make it more stable.

Again, it isn't a problem with not having internet or MMS not working... it's a problem with eventually the internet connection fails and MMS won't send or receive pics. The only way to fix it is to reboot, then messages with pics come right through and internet works again, only until the next time.

I think it's mainly the internet issue that is the biggest hassle here. Would going to the $55 plan fix this?

Thread Information