Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

I created a hybrid from prls 35568 from cricket and 60880 or something like that from Sprint.

I get good signal at home now and 3G also.

I did a quick speed test and got 230kbps. Not fast but good enough to stream.

2. Remove this advertisement.

can u post so we can try? plz?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    I created a hybrid from prls 35568 from cricket and 60880 or something like that from Sprint.

I get good signal at home now and 3G also.

I did a quick speed test and got 230kbps. Not fast but good enough to stream.
    i tested kybalyon hybrid using the 58008 i uploaded and i get about 350kbps. Also using the nitriscript. Havent used the 3G uncapper since it will not work on newer Recoveries.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

UPDATE:

Got 3G on the thunderbolt getting around 1465kbp

Couldnt use the 3g_edge_update.zip on the newer recoveries so i just extracted it, opened the hack.sh using text editor and copied what was there. Granted RW persmissions on system/ and pasted the script to Gscript and all went through

Mae sure the ip address's and so on are all zeros not the 68.28.15.12 deal. Used 5033 as the SID as well.

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G MYN 2.2

hello oriax123 can you give us details or a little more elaborated guide how, where in system/did you change or paste the script? thanks for your support

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by kybalyon View Post
    hello oriax123 can you give us details or a little more elaborated guide how, where in system/did you change or paste the script? thanks for your support
    Steps:

1.Start with a fresh reboot,

2.Using Qpst change the PRL to kybalyon's hybrid ,make sure you have all zero's in the MIP user tab, Mobile IP Behavior set to Mob+Simp, then go to PPP Config and under Special DNS make sure its blank. Reboot after finishing up crickets info like usual.

3.Once rebooted open up voice dialer (or use Anycut) to upen up Proxy settings. add the wap.mycricket.com and 8080 as port.

4.Use the nitriscript application kybalyon has uploaded to unthrottle your device.

5. install the 3g_evdo.zip under recovery. (if your in the newer recoveries it wont let you.)

5a.if you have a newer recovery try this,
    -extract 3g_evdo.zip to the root of your SDcard
    -open up hack.sh thats inside the folder you extracted and copy the script.
    -install gscript and paste the script and run . (may ask to have system RW.)
    -reboot

6.Once rebooted open up browser and go to mobilespeedtest.com and check your speed.

If it hasnt work let me know. still checking stuff on it.
    Last edited by oriax123; 09-08-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

I noticed last night after we finished texting, that the speed has remained the same. The speed stayed the same, but the reason you get higher speeds on mobilespeedtest is because you're using a proxy (wap.mycricket.com). I tested the speed using a 5MB file and said my speed was faster than 4G. If the proxy is removed, mobilespeedtest will display the real speed. Everything still downloads slow in the market and the speed test app still shows the same speed.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

The thing is we need the proxy because were using the 40 plan remember. If we had the android plan we wouldn't need the proxy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

New generic PRL info posted...

Cricket has identified markets where people are unexpectedly roaming. To combat this they have developed some generic preferred roaming lists (PRLs) to provide initial access to Cricket in most areas.

Once the generic PRLs are loaded into a handset, you must dial *228 <send> to access market specific Cricket PRLs that will provide the appropriate roaming partner access for your customers’ market, ensuring optimum coverage.
    Below are the two generic PRLs: CRK_PCS0R_10900_SPECIAL_07252011.prl (for PCS only handsets) GREY_MVNO_4637.prl (for tri-band handsets) The PRL number is embedded in the title of each file name (10900 and 4637). PRL 10900 is designed for PCS phones that do not have AWS capability. All Sprint handsets fall into this category. PRL 4637 is designed for tri-band phones that provide PCS and AWS capability. Please do not flash the 4637 PRL on PCS-only handsets. Please feel free to use the attached Cricket generic PRL for customers who want to switch to Cricket and retain their original handset.

Access to the latest Cricket generic PRLs, and over-the-air loading of market specific PRLs via *228 makes PRL management simple. Customers receive the appropriate roaming partner access for their market, ensuring optimum coverage.

In order to start utilizing Cricket’s generic PRLs follow these steps below:
    1. Save the attached Cricket generic PRLs to local hard drive.
    2. Load appropriate PRL onto to customer’s handset
    a. 10900 is for PCS only handsets that do not have AWS capability
    b. 4637 is for tri-band handsets capable of PCS and AWS access
    3. Dial *228 to access market specific Cricket PRLs. You must be in a Cricket network coverage area for *228 to work

CRK_PCS0R_10900_SPECIAL_07252011.prl

GREY_MVNO_4637.prl
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

When they stopped working here in Brownsville I called the command center they had and requested a prl and she sent me the 4637.. as of now here in the valley and I believe in corpus No 3G at all on Flashed phones... only 1x When i go up north like to san antonio my 3g works crazy fast smh

so i tried alot of prl ..... and no luck yet just text and incoming calls but no call out , can someone help me

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by paulinaoza View Post
    so i tried alot of prl ..... and no luck yet just text and incoming calls but no call out , can someone help me
    Having the correct prl means nothing if you dont have the correct settings on the for phone data. Youll need to add the appropriate configuration for your phone.

What phone do you have?

i have a evo 4g
    android version 2.2
    baseband 2.15.00.11.19
    kernel version 2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2#15
    biuld number Jiminy V
    software 3.70.651.1
    PRI 1.90_003
    PRL 30800

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Try using the 58008 hybrid posted here. Google, HTC EVO cricket full flash. Get the applications and follow the steps provided.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

I just want to be clear, the EVO 3D from Sprint is ONLY PCS, correct? Anyone have a PRL (plain or hybrid) that they like?

I've been told that my plan does not include Roaming. I am on the $55 Android Plan. Anyone care to chime in on how different PRLs might affect this?

Im new to the flashing world so thank you for baring with me. Also want to take a quick moment to thank Chris for this site and for the guide on flashing to Cricket. Most of all, thank you for your service to the United States!

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information