Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    If you are in a regular market, I recommend dialing *228 and then finishing the flash (like PPP and MIP). Cricket will load a prl specifically for your area. Other than that, any recent prl will work.

How do you know if you are in a regular market? I am in Memphis, TN an I want to find out if I should go with the *228 method or if I should use one of the posted prl's....also when I did try to use the 45513 hybrid prl cdma said that it was not a valid prl file, I ended up using the 45713 hybrid....does anyone know if that is any good?

if it matters I am using a Droid 2 Global
    Last edited by Cortez Sullivan; 01-13-2012 at 05:29 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez Sullivan View Post
    How do you know if you are in a regular market? I am in Memphis, TN an I want to find out if I should go with the *228 method or if I should use one of the posted prl's....also when I did try to use the 45513 hybrid prl cdma said that it was not a valid prl file, I ended up using the 45713 hybrid....does anyone know if that is any good?

if it matters I am using a Droid 2 Global
    Hybrid PRLs cannot be written with CDMA WS. They must be written in QPST. Check
    mycricket.com

's coverage maps to see if you are in a normal area or AWS. Use the legend. I use hybrid PRLs always.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrwright84 View Post
    Is there any we can get a hybrid prl with Verizon/cricket just like the sprint/cricket hybrid

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Sure, but Cricket doesn't allow you to roam on Verizon so you wouldn't get service when connected to those towers. Perhaps with flex bucket minutes you could talk and of course you could text for free. Most Sprint PRLs have Verizon towers built in and setup properly. Still want it?

Quote Originally Posted by anti4trust View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a Houston prl? I've tried a few, but I'm only getting two bars maximum! And 3g is on and off. I am new to the flashing cricket deal. But I'm on the 45 dollar plan running a Nexus S rooted and an ICS rom, and greenk45 (enabled). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
    I've never really had a problem with Houston. Always use 45513 hybrid.

What the best prl to use in Ohio 45404 for 3g

Have I mentioned my favorite PRL currently is 45513 hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfire View Post
    I was under the impression that silver and gold memberships where for changing esns and adding lines to pre existing cricket accounts. I do not yet have an account set up with cricket. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. Trust me tho... I sure would love to save some $$. Sorry, I know we are getting a little off topic for this thread.
    Sorry, I thought you had an account and just needed to add a line for some reason.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Anyone have a recommendation for a Houston prl? I've tried a few, but I'm only getting two bars maximum! And 3g is on and off. I am new to the flashing cricket deal. But I'm on the 45 dollar plan running a Nexus S rooted and an ICS rom, and greenk45 (enabled). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
    Im currently using the 42900 prl and used it for years on my old touch phone. 42900 works fine in Houston and Beaumont, on my $45 plan. I tried the hybrid once and it worked fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hybrid PRLs cannot be written with CDMA WS. They must be written in QPST. Check
    mycricket.com

's coverage maps to see if you are in a normal area or AWS. Use the legend. I use hybrid PRLs always
    How do you flash with qpst? does it eliminate the need for CDMA?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

How do you flash with qpst? does it eliminate the need for CDMA?
    U can flash with both but hybrid work on qpst and on cdma only normal prl work. I have both it helps but I tend to us more qpst.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 8.0%

Hey guys, i live in a tri band area, East tenn to be exact and i was wondering if anyone had a good idea of the best PRL to use. Ive loaded a ton and none seem to give me good connection at all. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    U can flash with both but hybrid work on qpst and on cdma only normal prl work. I have both it helps but I tend to us more qpst.

can you post a guide on how to do so with the droid two

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Is there any we can get a hybrid prl with Verizon/cricket just like the sprint/cricket hybrid

What the best prl to use in Ohio 45404 for 3g

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfire View Post
    I was under the impression that silver and gold memberships where for changing esns and adding lines to pre existing cricket accounts. I do not yet have an account set up with cricket. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. Trust me tho... I sure would love to save some $$. Sorry, I know we are getting a little off topic for this thread.
    can you post a guide on how to do so with the droid two
    Verizon Motorola Droid 2 (a955)

Droid 2 forum. The site is laid out in a pretty easy manner.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Evo 4g

what prl could i use i live in oro valley, az zip code 85737

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I found the answer to what PRL was best for my area (with my phone type) by simply installing each PRL and trying them out for an hour or day. It worked out better than anyone else guessing what PRL i should use.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    I found the answer to what PRL was best for my area (with my phone type) by simply installing each PRL and trying them out for an hour or day. It worked out better than anyone else guessing what PRL i should use.
    DING DING DING... he lives up to his name! Not only has he been a generous forum donator, he saw the pattern of questions and contributed a great response. I only throw out the answer 45513 hybrid because it's what I use and has worked for many. To truly get the best results, you must try it yourself. Someone can be on another side of town and have different results.

I'm going to have to make a video and post it every time someone asks for a PRL specific to their area.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    I agree but some need help. How can we help when we r in different time zone or plains. Chris we have to gather all different prl from different areas in thread. If no one steps up. I'll give it a try. No disrespect to no one.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We can try to edit the first post with most current PRL by location. I really need people to rip official Cricket PRLs from their phones and send them in.

Phone
    3VO

Yes, I got it start everyone let go and I was thinking we should also ask the people xda to help us out by ask them for sprint prls. I will send you some later chris.

Also for some of you who don't know. Use cdma ws to extract the prl from ur phone. Under other, instead of write u read. Make sure u put zip code on prl. For example, my area is 78043-35568.prl file. Also, this is just example on what we can do. Chris can let us know how he would wanted it.

Phone
    DInc

Hi,
    I live in Winston Salem, NC and have been using the 35013 prl for a while. I lost 3g a couple days ago and the icon won't even come up. My mobile network type under setting switches randomly from 1xRTT to EVDO. Is there a newer prl that I can use to fix this, or is something else going on with my phone? I have a DInc with ICS rom. Thankxx!

*Nevamind, I fixed the problem. Had to change some things in QPST.
    Last edited by ymitchell7; 01-18-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: found a fix

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information