Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    DInc

Quote Originally Posted by Andrae Walker View Post
    ok I redid everything all over. I am able to do the *228 and it has completed successfully. I have prl 35225. I still have no 3g....I am very frustrated as I keep redoing this and the end result is the same.. oh I also have the 2.3.3 gingerbread rom 4.24.651.1-deodex-20110712-signed.zip

I also programmed the apn info using this site
    How to: Cricket APN Settings Android iPhone EVO Droid Blackberry | MMS WAP 3G Settings

I tried the other way by modifying the cricket.xml file and everytime I would delte apn and then restore I kept getting an error.

as for the internet with anycut proxy settings. I tried that with no avail. I have switched different roms and prls quite a few times still the same result. I can call and I can text but no internet and no mms. I am not sure what I left out but I will be on this all day lookng for help or tips so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

edit: oh does anyone have a prl for the kentucky area?? everything i try seems to give me no 3g.

I got my 3g back by ##778# & changing the MSC from 00 to 04.

2. Remove this advertisement.

ok the ##778# does not work lol thanx though. Is that suppose to work on an Evo?

Phone
    DInc

I got the Dinc, not sure about the Evo. Sorry it didn't work for u.

well I got everything working finally, the only thing that is a problem is my 3g is incredibly slow. &nbsp;no matter what prl I put on there nothing seems to boost it up. &nbsp;I tried doing the *228 thing but I can't seem to do it now. &nbsp;but when i did do it, it gave me some 32252 prl (something like that). &nbsp;Right now I am on 45513 prl and that one works decent enough, its just my upload and download has never even come close to 1mbp like I have seen for others. &nbsp;So I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong. &nbsp;I have a lexington, KY number but i live in frankfort, ky. &nbsp;For some reason with my address they couldn't give me a frankfort number, which is bull because my mom has cricket and she has a Frankfort number. &nbsp;So I don't know if any one can help, but I would love to figure out how to get the most out of my contract which is 55 a month.<br><br>oh also I had a question. &nbsp;There is a rom that I love that is a 2.3.5 radianceHD that gives me excellent battery life, but when I use it I can never seem to get DIAG mode with it. &nbsp;So because of that I have not done any of the stuff I need to do to get on to cricket with it. &nbsp;What I wanted to know is am I able to switch back to that rom and still have my service or is it just certain roms I can use. &nbsp;It was really odd because I could do the ##3424# thing but the usb would not connect. &nbsp;I think I read that I would have to reinstall the mms feature to get mms again. &nbsp;I just wanted to check and see.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

well I got everything working finally, the only thing that is a problem is my 3g is incredibly slow. *no matter what prl I put on there nothing seems to boost it up. *I tried doing the *228 thing but I can't seem to do it now. *but when i did do it, it gave me some 32252 prl (something like that). *Right now I am on 45513 prl and that one works decent enough, its just my upload and download has never even come close to 1mbp like I have seen for others. *So I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong. *I have a lexington, KY number but i live in frankfort, ky. *For some reason with my address they couldn't give me a frankfort number, which is bull because my mom has cricket and she has a Frankfort number. *So I don't know if any one can help, but I would love to figure out how to get the most out of my contract which is 55 a month.<br><br>oh also I had a question. *There is a rom that I love that is a 2.3.5 radianceHD that gives me excellent battery life, but when I use it I can never seem to get DIAG mode with it. *So because of that I have not done any of the stuff I need to do to get on to cricket with it. *What I wanted to know is am I able to switch back to that rom and still have my service or is it just certain roms I can use. *It was really odd because I could do the ##3424# thing but the usb would not connect. *I think I read that I would have to reinstall the mms feature to get mms again. *I just wanted to check and see.
    Some rom don't have diag mode on the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Some rom don't have diag mode on the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I like the 2.3.5 but without diag mode i can't flash prls. Is there a good rom out there that will still give me the bells and whistles but the functionality i need. right now my mms is not working no matter what i try.

Overall activity: 4.0%

RadianceHD RC5 will allow for diagnostic mode. I am on it and I just programmed my phone. You will be able to switch roms at will once your programmed to Cricket. You will just need to dial in your mms again. Follow the guide under the sticky for fully flashing the Evo. They updated the part about mms on Sense 3.5. It works on every Sense 3.5 rom I have tried.

thank you I am looking for a link to the rom now

got a question. I am installing the rom as i type. do i need to install greenK again for the 3g? I am on the 55 dollar plan.
    Last edited by Andrae Walker; 01-31-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Here is the link http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdev-host.org%2Fbkynzcx57y77%2FRadiance-RC-5.zip&h=kAQFWiZle

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    RadianceHD RC5 will allow for diagnostic mode. I am on it and I just programmed my phone. You will be able to switch roms at will once your programmed to Cricket. You will just need to dial in your mms again. Follow the guide under the sticky for fully flashing the Evo. They updated the part about mms on Sense 3.5. It works on every Sense 3.5 rom I have tried.
    The mms and telephony files are attached below in the Gingerbread fix zip.

1) Using root explorer, go to /system/app and rename mms.apk to mms.apk.bak, then put the included mms.apk into /system/app then open and install it.
    2) Using root explorer rename everything located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ with .bak at the end, then put the telephony.db file provided in that directory.
    3) Reboot
    4) Profit
    *UPDATE*
    If the above method doesn't work try the following in conjunction with the above.
    1) Flash attached cricket_eris_web_mms_v10.zip
    2) Install autostart from market
    3) Reboot and select yes at the su prompt at startup.
    4) If you're on the 55 dollar Android plan, reboot a few times and then eventually go into Superuser permissions and deny autostart or uninstall it as you won't need it anymore.

is this what you are talking about?

No its the update that is listed under Sense 3.5 MMS its in the same thread and sticky for fully flashing the Evo. What you just posted never worked for me and many others. The update however works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    No its the update that is listed under Sense 3.5 MMS its in the same thread and sticky for fully flashing the Evo. What you just posted never worked for me and many others. The update however works like a charm.
    ok gotcha I will double check that again

ok I cannot seem to find it is it under the very first thread where you change the APN file??

edit #3 lol ok i think found what you are talking about when it says to enter ##data# well with the rom you gave me (and i flashed twice) I cannot use ##data# of course you know I am on an evo right? so if this does work for an evo then I am totally confused.
    Last edited by Andrae Walker; 01-31-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Prl That I have gotten

Hope these help
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok I went and found out more people than I thought have cricket. One person who lives in frankfort ky like me has a 42900 prl and the other guy who lives in lexington (which is where my number came from for some reason) has a prl of 45225. I see in your list a 42900 but its combined so I am not sure what that means if I should try it or not. but if anyone can find the 45225 prl I am going to try that too.

I live in frankfort ky but my number is from lex so which one should i be using??

thank for any help

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

I see in your list a 42900 but its combined so I am not sure what that means if I should try it or not.
    The original uncombined 42900 is in the first post of this thread.
    I live in frankfort ky but my number is from lex so which one should i be using??
    recommend using the one that works best for you after you tested each one since posters can only give an educated guess over the internet.

Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information