Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Good point hehe, all of them, with multiple tests last night on each, averaged 250 down, and 100 up.

Normally I go to the trouble of spreadsheets, and logging exact speeds, times, and so forth, but was using laptop to watch Netflix with the wife, so just tinkered looking for one that would be noticeably different, like 500+ down.

files were:
    21078 (my original PRL, worked good in CO, not sure where it came from, maybe *228, next PRLs were from this thread)
    42900&60683.prl
    45213HYBRID21081TNINJA.prl
    45613-21081HybridCricketUsersCom.prl
    cu49016cktand60683spt.prl
    if you want to *228, *22804, *22806 (or whatever it takes to update the prl) ,then pull and post that prl, i'll combine it with some others for you, ...might help.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    if you want to *228, *22804, *22806 (or whatever it takes to update the prl) ,then pull and post that prl, i'll combine it with some others for you, ...might help.
    wait a sec, even on a hybrid i can dial *22804 and it will update my PRL for whatever is best in my area? or should i just try try and find the best PRL that fits my needs?

*update* using three hybrid PRLs so far dialing *2208 has mad my reception horrible
    Last edited by GearHead3; 05-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

none of these PRLs give my evo 3d anything above 2 bars, and the ones that do only get 3 bars for a second or two and the speeds dont go above 100kbps down, horrible! sticking with \MyCricketForumTest2Hybrid.prl, only getting one bar but speeds are consistent and bearable

i think its time for a new phone...

Overall activity: 0%

Red face Chicago PRL 45522

Been lurking for the past week or two playing with my phone and with PRL's finally got the (I'm assuming) latest Chicago PRL from an Ascend. The employee at my Cricket store is curious about the flashing stuff too so I convinced her to lend me her phone for 10 minutes (3 hours ^_^) so that I could take it home and rip the PRL off of it. I'm new to all of this flashing stuff and it was a pain to get the Huawei to get read with CDMA WS but I got it!!! Internet seems faster but I just got it going again and I'm tired so I'll mess with it some more tomorrow. I'm using a Droid X MB810 by the way. This site helped a lot and hopefully this helps you guys out too!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Having issues with Maryland. No matter what prl is used, internet speed is at 50-200kbits. PRL we pulled form Ascend did not help either. Same speed.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Having issues with Maryland. No matter what prl is used, internet speed is at 50-200kbits. PRL we pulled form Ascend did not help either. Same speed.
    Try combining the latest sprint prl w/ the best cricket prl for your area, you'll have to try several times as its a hit or miss scenario.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Unhappy

I'm trying to use a prl for my evo 4g, but I'm getting 1 bar mostly with a rare high of 3 bars. I live in Philly, sigh Speeds are abysmal. Takes me 5 mins to send an MMS, 2 min for them to receive after I have sent it. 3 minute for me to receive after they have sent it. Web pages load up really slow, around 15-20 secs.

Let me know if I'm doing it right..

Go to QPST, read from phone, then go to roam and change the prl file right?
    Then you write to the phone, but I get an error, NV something. Speeds are really slow dont know if it's because I'm in a bad area or If I'm doing something wrong .

Last edited by drponn; 05-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Gold Member

nv write errors are normal. I get them too. Does'nt affect anything that i can notice. Probably should try more PRL's.

Phone
    3vo

Quote Originally Posted by drponn View Post
    I'm trying to use a prl for my evo 4g, but I'm getting 1 bar mostly with a rare high of 3 bars. I live in Philly, sigh Speeds are abysmal. Takes me 5 mins to send an MMS, 2 min for them to receive after I have sent it. 3 minute for me to receive after they have sent it. Web pages load up really slow, around 15-20 secs.

Let me know if I'm doing it right..

Go to QPST, read from phone, then go to roam and change the prl file right?
    Then you write to the phone, but I get an error, NV something. Speeds are really slow dont know if it's because I'm in a bad area or If I'm doing something wrong .

data speeds just suck mine are the same way. I'm done with cricket I'm flashing my 3vo to boost real soon

Actually I guess it was just at my house, I'm downtown now and seem to be getting 3 bars normal and 5 at the highest.

MMS is pretty smooth now, taking 1-2 mins to send, and is received after 30 seconds, I am receiving others MMS after 30 secs of being send. The internet is still crap, though. 5-10 seconds for a page to load. Thanks for the help guys. And for anyone in PA wondering, I used the the 45713 hybrid prl that someone posted on page 41.

Gold Member

Joined some more PRL's.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    I've not had any luck getting *228 (or variations of it) to work in Orlando, tried with a few different PRLs, I either get an error about invalid code or number, or 0 signal to call out on for others.

I see you posted some more, I'll try those out later, thanks

Gold Member

Need a little more detail in your info PG. Are you saying when you "write" the nv items & PRL (using QPST) you are getting an error/invalid code? If so, that's normal, i get them too but everything still works for me. A zero signal? I get a negative number like -120 or something if there is no signal. A -80dbm signal is better than a -120dbm signal. I'm not sure where you are in colorado but are you in an area where you know you should have a signal?

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

oh woops, I'm in Orlando now, as for zero signal, 0 bars, x next to the icon, didn't check the #s. The old PRLs I used that gave me no signal were ones I've used in Colorado to allow me to *228 a new one after a new flash, but obviously, they don't cover FL I'm in the same area where other PRLs do give me signal, just not great speeds, also can't *228 on them

Customer Since
    Phone
    ZTE Sonata 4G

Here is the PRL from my Flashed Huawei M835, it's from the Philadelphia, PA area and dumped using DFS CDMA Tool

45751.prl
    Last edited by CyberTails; 05-31-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information