Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Hey guys,

So I've been trying to get my new Sprint EVO 4G over to Cricket for past few days and it's been a rollercoaster. I have the latest Gingerbread update, so couldn't do full flash, so I went through the QPST instructions and programmed it that way and so then I tried various PRL files. My home market is Phoenix but right now I am on vacation for a while in Dallas. So initially I tried the 45722 and 45513 hybrids, but when I did 611 I still kept getting Sprint. So then I tried the CRKTNAT6399_PCS-EvDO.prl and voila now 611 gives me the beautiful "Welcome to Cricket" message! I had contacted support here and they had changed my ESN to this phone, but for some reason I still don't have service...Is there another PRL someone recommends or is it just an issue of getting proper ESN in the system?

Thank you!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Me Me Me! I live in chattanooga, tn(southeastern us) and that's the newest prl for the android plan in my area. However, my droid1 will only get the 45513 with *228. A friend of mine has it on his phone but he left early on poker night so I wasn't able to try and get it off his Zio. I would LOVE to try the 45713 prl.
    Last edited by citra; 07-17-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by webcrawler View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've been trying to get my new Sprint EVO 4G over to Cricket for past few days and it's been a rollercoaster. I have the latest Gingerbread update, so couldn't do full flash, so I went through the QPST instructions and programmed it that way and so then I tried various PRL files. My home market is Phoenix but right now I am on vacation for a while in Dallas. So initially I tried the 45722 and 45513 hybrids, but when I did 611 I still kept getting Sprint. So then I tried the CRKTNAT6399_PCS-EvDO.prl and voila now 611 gives me the beautiful "Welcome to Cricket" message! I had contacted support here and they had changed my ESN to this phone, but for some reason I still don't have service...Is there another PRL someone recommends or is it just an issue of getting proper ESN in the system?

Thank you!
    If you're still having problems, resend your information and use the contact form. We'll talk about trying to get it setup properly.

Quote Originally Posted by citra View Post
    Me Me Me! I live in chattanooga, tn(southeastern us) and that's the newest prl for the android plan in my area. However, my droid1 will only get the 45513 with *228. A friend of mine has it on his phone but he left early on poker night so I wasn't able to try and get it off his Zio. I would LOVE to try the 45713 prl.
    I have an Ascend 2 here but can't pull the PRL. Can't get this thing into diag mode.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thanks for the info and downloads. Will try these now. Thanks

Phone
    HTC Desire

Do you guys happen to have a 42800 prl? or any prl that works with chicago?

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by XCALIBIR View Post
    Do you guys happen to have a 42800 prl? or any prl that works with chicago?
    This was on the first page if it's what you are looking for: 42800Ckt.prl

Also, I think Chris says to try the hybrid PRLs in the triband areas. Check first page for those too.

Phone
    HTC Desire

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    This was on the first page if it's what you are looking for: 42800Ckt.prl

Also, I think Chris says to try the hybrid PRLs in the triband areas. Check first page for those too.
    I just noitice that when i rechecked lol. Well i tried it on my phone and it says im roaming. I've also tried the latest prls and they are not roaming. Problem is that i cant activate my phone due to its not the *228 thing. I either get direct to verison wireless or service operator giving me options to make a phone call or make a paymment from credit card.

To add, yes ive tried both tri band area prls.

Phone
    EVO 4G

I just noitice that when i rechecked lol. Well i tried it on my phone and it says im roaming. I've also tried the latest prls and they are not roaming. Problem is that i cant activate my phone due to its not the *228 thing. I either get direct to verison wireless or service operator giving me options to make a phone call or make a paymment from credit card.

To add, yes ive tried both tri band area prls.
    The admins will prob know better, but I believe flashed phones don't require the *228(even though customer service tells you to do it). You just put the ESN on your account, put settings into QPST with the PRL you want, write to phone, reboot and you should be good. Sounds like you have tried all this already.

Phone
    HTC Desire

The admins will prob know better, but I believe flashed phones don't require the *228(even though customer service tells you to do it). You just put the ESN on your account, put settings into QPST with the PRL you want, write to phone, reboot and you should be good. Sounds like you have tried all this already.
    The thing is I'm not sure if my esn info is flashed to my new phone correctly. I have done the steps above. For the prls Ive use, i cant even do the basic things, such as, talk or text.

Phone
    EVO 4G

The thing is I'm not sure if my esn info is flashed to my new phone correctly. I have done the steps above. For the prls Ive use, i cant even do the basic things, such as, talk or text.
    You should call Cricket and verify they have the correct ESN number on your account or email the admins here and they can check it out for you. If you need them to change your ESN for you, you need to be a supporting member. Also, it may not hurt to check out Chris' QPST tutorial with pictures and try it again. Talk and text is usually very easy to do if the steps are done right. The internet and mms can be a pain sometimes.

Phone
    HTC Desire

You should call Cricket and verify they have the correct ESN number on your account or email the admins here and they can check it out for you. If you need them to change your ESN for you, you need to be a supporting member. Also, it may not hurt to check out Chris' QPST tutorial with pictures and try it again. Talk and text is usually very easy to do if the steps are done right. The internet and mms can be a pain sometimes.
    Where can I email the admins?

Phone
    3vo

Where can I email the admins?
    Just did my girls phone had the same problem had to manually put the MIN and SID #'s. Call cricket and ask en what they are took a couple tries cause they are idiots any way get them and go into the epst settings and make sure they are the same.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Ascend 2, Evo 4g

Hi Im in Chicago and had my phone flashed by a guy off craigslist. My PRL is the 42700 and my problem is that my signal is horrible in my apt, but once outside its great my boyfriend who has the zio gets a great signal in and out of the apt. And when once Im outside without wifi I get no internet connection at all. but the gps and eveything else works just fine. Im totally confused about this I have contacted the fourm about seeing if I was on the android plan and they checked and said and thats okay and the guy wants to reflash my Evo but I dont think thats what it is. I would like to try changing the PRL myself but Im a noob and dont want to brick my Evo. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

You're not going to brick it by changing the prl.. but you are likely to mess up the settings if you donkt know what you're doing. If you know what settings need to be programmed in and you check them after connecting to qpst before you write prl you'll have nothing to be concerned about. :-)

Sent from my SCH-R915 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

also, SAVE your current QPST settings before making changes! I got a new EVO from ebay the other day that was stuck on 1x data. Compared QPST settings on it against my old evo (which HW issue, but was getting 3G), saw no difference... but did a save of the old EVO QPST, and restored it to the new, issue fixed!
    Having a save of a known working config will be a wonderful thing if you botch something later, or it just starts acting flaky

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information