Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Phone
    HTC Desire

Quote Originally Posted by jtheis23 View Post
    Just did my girls phone had the same problem had to manually put the MIN and SID #'s. Call cricket and ask en what they are took a couple tries cause they are idiots any way get them and go into the epst settings and make sure they are the same.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I did that yesterday and yeah it worked. I hate their customer serivce since they cant do what I ask for.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Tested PRLs southwest of Denver Colorado (Littleton), ran 10 tests on each one, here are the averages:

PRL________ Ping Down Up
    35513_____ 139 942 514
    45722Hybrid 236 226 422
    45722_____ 220 231 547
    38003_____ 115 951 476
    1050______ 100 987 480

35513 is what Cricket is pushing to my phone when I *228.
    38003 is one I had notes on previous tests being good, so figured I'd give it a shot too
    1050 is what my original EVO came with when the store I bought it from did the flash

35513 had weaker signal and low speeds when I was at a friend's house closer to Denver/Englewood yesterday, phone calls were OK though.
    I should be going there again next week, will keep 1050 in place to see if it helps.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    3vo

Quote Originally Posted by XCALIBIR View Post
    I did that yesterday and yeah it worked. I hate their customer serivce since they cant do what I ask for.
    Good. I know they are the worst. Make sure ya keep them #'s i tried using the MIN and SID off my phone for my girls phone and it didn't work.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We will always give ANY member their MIN. Please use the contact form if you ever need this.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

xbiker321

Quote Originally Posted by piercedgeek View Post
    Tested PRLs southwest of Denver Colorado (Littleton), ran 10 tests on each one, here are the averages:

PRL________ Ping Down Up
    35513_____ 139 942 514
    45722Hybrid 236 226 422
    45722_____ 220 231 547
    38003_____ 115 951 476
    1050______ 100 987 480

35513 is what Cricket is pushing to my phone when I *228.
    38003 is one I had notes on previous tests being good, so figured I'd give it a shot too
    1050 is what my original EVO came with when the store I bought it from did the flash

35513 had weaker signal and low speeds when I was at a friend's house closer to Denver/Englewood yesterday, phone calls were OK though.
    I should be going there again next week, will keep 1050 in place to see if it helps.
    I'm over in Lakewood. So it looks like you had the best results with the 38003 and 1050?

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by xbiker321 View Post
    I'm over in Lakewood. So it looks like you had the best results with the 38003 and 1050?
    You got it, at home at least. And 35513 wasn't too bad either, had 1 spike of high ping (300-ish) otherwise to average would have been closer to 100. I have a HUGE stack of PRLs from when I was troubleshooting my old EVO so if 1050 or 38003 aren't too great in some parts of town (like 35513), I'll test a few more out.

I'm thinking 1050 will be fine though. Before my old EVO started going on the fritz, I had 2 months of great service with it.

Phone
    HTC EVO

Well that's crummy...
    1050 does not work at DFW airport, nor on the drive to Fort Worth, nor at Fort Worth... 0 signal, no option to *228 at all
    I tried 45722HybridMyCricketForum.prl from here and have signal now, speeds not too great:
    ping - down - up
    473 - 100 - 139
    851 - 66 - 250
    275 - 56 - 71
    (speed test app says it's EVDO too, not 1x)

*228 says 'the number or code you have dialed is incorrect"

Tried 45722.prl, better signal, better speeds:
    ping - down - up
    169 - 300 - 397
    185 - 277 - 401
    190 - 280 - 408

*228, same error as before, incorrect code

oh well, close enough for a few days, and not at home so no easy access to the other PRLs I've been testing, so I'm just going to stick with this, and plan on not using 1050 anymore. If I had not been able to borrow a machine to load another PRL, I'd be stuck...

idea/reminder: When phone is rooted, make a backup of a ROM that allows you to update the PRL with ##PRL#, keep on SD card just-in-case

[QUOTE
    oh well, close enough for a few days, and not at home so no easy access to the other PRLs I've been testing, so I'm just going to stick with this, and plan on not using 1050 anymore. If I had not been able to borrow a machine to load another PRL, I'd be stuck...

idea/reminder: When phone is rooted, make a backup of a ROM that allows you to update the PRL with ##PRL#, keep on SD card just-in-case [/QUOTE]

Just curious what ROMs allow the ##PRL# update, its a headache always trying to find a machine to update PRL.

Thanks in advance.

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    [QUOTE

idea/reminder: When phone is rooted, make a backup of a ROM that allows you to update the PRL with ##PRL#, keep on SD card just-in-case
    Just curious what ROMs allow the ##PRL# update, its a headache always trying to find a machine to update PRL.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I think you could prob do it on any phone where you can access EPST. Just find a good EPST.apk that works and load it on any ROM you use. Here's the EPST.apk from my current ROM that works(EPST.apk). Just checked it and I can go into ##775# and ##3282# with no problems. You will prob need to delete your current EPST.apk in your /system/app folder and replace it with this one. Then click on it and install. I have Root Explorer (copy for you- Root_Explorer_2123.apk)so it's easy to do all of this from the phone.

Let me know if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I think you could prob do it on any phone where you can access EPST. Just find a good EPST.apk that works and load it on any ROM you use. Here's the EPST.apk from my current ROM that works(EPST.apk). Just checked it and I can go into ##775# and ##3282# with no problems. You will prob need to delete your current EPST.apk in your /system/app folder and replace it with this one. Then click on it and install. I have Root Explorer (copy for you- Root_Explorer_2123.apk)so it's easy to do all of this from the phone.

Let me know if that works.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info I will give it a shot.

Phone
    EVO 3D

Hi I have tried EVERY non-hybrid prl and all seem to make my evo run call, mms and data but my data is very slow on all normal prls until i flash the 3 hybrids that this tread has and it speeds up my data by, 875 kbs DL and 436 UP, but cant get call or mms to work.. any help would be appreciated

Edit: I'm not throttle cuz I paid my bill yesterday my ESN and MEID are all correct also the normal prls give me a 68 - 89 kbs DL
    Last edited by Mustang915; 07-22-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Phone
    3vo

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang915 View Post
    Hi I have tried EVERY non-hybrid prl and all seem to make my evo run call, mms and data but my data is very slow on all normal prls until i flash the 3 hybrids that this tread has and it speeds up my data by, 875 kbs DL and 436 UP, but cant get call or mms to work.. any help would be appreciated

Edit: I'm not throttle cuz I paid my bill yesterday my ESN and MEID are all correct also the normal prls give me a 68 - 89 kbs DL
    I have the exact same issue

Phone
    EVO 3D

I think I found the problem. Under my online account in the phone type I have Motorola RKCR instead of having CPE-Smartphone-Android OS. Is there anyway that u could fix this Chris? Or anybody...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang915 View Post
    I think I found the problem. Under my online account in the phone type I have Motorola RKCR instead of having CPE-Smartphone-Android OS. Is there anyway that u could fix this Chris? Or anybody...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    That's not the problem. We use phone codes to accomplish specific tasks. Technically you should be under CPE smartphone, however if you were under CPE Smartphone Android OS you should have the Android plan. That's what I'd tell you if I were a normal Cricket CS rep.

You were placed under the Motorola phone to ensure all the proper codes were put in. Mainly MMS and WAP.

While roaming at Ft Bullis, my data speeds were very slow also, but I was surprised just to be getting anything at all.

I would consult other flashed phone users in your area specifically.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-24-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Let me know if that works.
    I tried to delete the original EPST using root explorer but says I cannot delete because its read only. Do I just remove it from the folder using PC?

*** Never mind its early I figured it out sorry for the dumb question ***

** Ok now that I have it replaced when I do a ##775# it just goes back to my call log, I can however to the ##3282# any reason why the ##775# wont work?
    Last edited by Boomer; 07-23-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Figured out my question.. New question..

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information