Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Go back to the first page of the thread all the instructions have been add there and the download links

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by rogerledoux View Post
    Go back to the first page of the thread all the instructions have been add there and the download links
    Im trying to but I dont see where i can go back to the first thread...

LOL ok right below this post it will show the pages, click on the word first with the 2 arrows. Also if you are running a ROM with sence 3.5 you can go to this link and follow it instructions to get MMS it works that is what I did.

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

LOL ok right below this post it will show the pages, click on the word first with the 2 arrows. Also if you are running a ROM with sence 3.5 you can go to this link and follow it instructions to get MMS it works that is what I did.
    There is no First with arrows...there is nothing...but ima try on my phone...
    thanks tho...

Sorry it is different on the phone. I am on my computer. If you are using a sense 3.5 ROM follow these instructions to get MMS they work good.

[GUIDE]criKet Wireless MMS fix for Sense 3.5 Rom - xda-developers

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Sorry it is different on the phone. I am on my computer. If you are using a sense 3.5 ROM follow these instructions to get MMS they work good.

[GUIDE]criKet Wireless MMS fix for Sense 3.5 Rom - xda-developers

No, on my computer it doesnt show...hmm...idky...on my phone it did...lol but thanks anyway...

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Edited to remove post... No longer needed
    Last edited by theclerk74; 01-23-2012 at 10:42 PM.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Great Idea! Too bad the dev wants $$$. If it were free, I would def donate. But he wants money for CM's work, thats a NO BUENO

What Happened to Open Source ?

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
    Great Idea! Too bad the dev wants $$$. If it were free, I would def donate. But he wants money for CM's work, thats a NO BUENO

What Happened to Open Source ?
    Not to step on any toes or offend anyone but I agree.. I would have donated every time I use it to flash a customers phone, but it's too much work to send the ID thing and then pay $5 dollars, when I could just take a little extra time to come up with a solution on my own or find one with google..

Anyways, I give him credit for being able to create a working solution.

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Not to step on any toes or offend anyone but I agree.. I would have donated every time I use it to flash a customers phone, but it's too much work to send the ID thing and then pay $5 dollars, when I could just take a little extra time to come up with a solution on my own or find one with google..

Anyways, I give him credit for being able to create a working solution.
    I too give him props. Its a great Idea! but.....

He took CM7 messaging apk and just put in cricket's server, mmsc , etc by default Then Charges people?

If the Cyanogen Mod team knew about this they wouldn't agree.

Im new to this forum, Im not trying to bash or troll. I just don't think its right.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
    I too give him props. Its a great Idea! but.....

He took CM7 messaging apk and just put in cricket's server, mmsc , etc by default Then Charges people?

If the Cyanogen Mod team knew about this they wouldn't agree.

Im new to this forum, Im not trying to bash or troll. I just don't think its right.
    Maybe you're right, but to be fair, I don't think they developed the apk from scratch on their own, nor did they create the icon.. So basically your argument is pretty much flawed.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Well, you are free to set up a build environment, modify source, and compile it yourself. I am not stopping you...

Our difference in opinion is exactly that, a difference in opinion. If folks want something guaranteed to work on any ROM without compiling it themselves or setting APN's, then that is their choice and they can utilize the application available here. If they want to mess with APN's & test over & over, they are free to do that as well, that's the beauty of this, choice...

I did more than hard code MMSC & proxy, there were references to android.internal in the settings, which would cause F/C's as well as resources that used the incorrect images if installed on any ROM besides something AOSP-based, but you wouldn't know about that now would you?

It says in the OP that this is based on CM messaging, which I synced from the CM repository. No, I didn't design the application itself, nor the icon, (neither did CyanogenMod, they modified AOSP messaging) I modified it to work with Cricket MMS ($45 plan too, by hooking my proxy app) and not F/C in settings, which is exactly what the OP says...

I hope that clears a few things up...

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to use it, it's that simple. Thanks for the constructive criticism though, know that I am not letting it go in one ear and out the other...

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I guess I have more insight, and since I have gotten to talk to the developer all I have to say is WTF.

Do people flash phones for free most of the time? Are ESN changes free in general? Even after I posted tutorials, I had people come to me thinking that I owe them a better step by step process and to hold their hands. 75% of people are ungrateful for even free work. To ask for just a dman meal at McD is too much I guess.

I love it when people buy an app in the Market for a dollar also and think they are owed a few hours in e-mails to request modifications and such also.

I do thank the small percentage of people the donate and also become a supporting member to support the site and not only because it gets them an esn change here and there. You are the few people that keep this thing going. Even a word of praise when there isn't any money to be thrown around is nice.

In general I think athletes get more praise than most people. Yeah that sounds about right. So someone with the knowledge to actually do this on their own, feel free to post it anywhere on the Internet you want. I haven't seen it in free distribution yet, but since people can knock someone that is just trying to buy energy drinks or whatever to keep things moving along, there must be a better way. Oh and find a way to flash the dang Galaxy Nexus while you're at it. I'm waiting.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

I agree with Mraab and Chris! I have been doing this for years. I have spent countless hours trying to get MMS working, not only for me but for others. I have not yet asked for a donation or anything. $5 is nothing! Especially for a developer that takes time out of his day to help others. Like Mraab said himself feel free to scower the internet trying to get MMS working or you could pay the $5 for a solution that will work instantly.
    Last edited by bigshotrob22; 01-25-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

When mraabhimself gets the $45 version working, i'm going to donate $50 to him. My wiseoldgrandpappy says you kids need to worry about bigger things in life.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information