Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Was the phone on, debug mode, and plugged in when you tried pressing the fastroot on the program?

You can manually copy fastroot to the sdcard, boot into recovery , mount system , then install zip.
    Tried manual as well. No dice. And debug mode is active. CWM installed perfectly though

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I did it 2 days ago without a problem. Just try the application, go to root then ascend 2. Then cwm recovery. Follow the EASY few instructions it gives. There so no fastboot screen or anything. It'll stay on Huawei logo. People who don't follow the instructions will not get it rooted so they start new threads (waiting time) when they end up here or downgrading eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not that we aren't following the instructions it's that the m865c is the StraightTalk version of the CricKet m865. When we try to use the Vol down + Power button and hold it down no matter how long it goes past the Huawei logo and continues to boot into Android. It does boot into the stock recovery but as said before it's basically useless. I've tried your method a good amount of times and it doesn't stay on the Huawei logo to install the CW recovery. Can you help us in rooting the StraightTalk version or are we SOL for the moment?

Edit: I did some more googling and found out that the StraightTalk version is missing the FastBoot permissions, that's why we can boot into FastBoot.
    Last edited by kataklysmic; 07-06-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Ah well thanks for the info didn't know that. Ill look into it for you guys when i have time.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    06/11

Please help me

Please help me my mercury is stuck on stupid...i cant *228cant manual program phone by ##626*...says nv item error...wifi wont work.....wtf do i do??? everytime i reset to defaults its the same issues

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1 View Post
    After 2 days of googleing, reading posts everywhere, and trying so many ways to do this ; finaly i got mine rooted !! :P .Just like the other post read,i just installed CWM v4.0.1.4 made a custom back up ofcoarse first.Then Dloaded Fastroot but wasn't the new one i seen today it was the Fastroot.zip, not the( fastroot.exe modefied with tools).Don't know if that one works just didnt see the post till now ..followed the instructions and also the other post where you have to finish the last step of the rooting by copying the .zip file in the fastroot folder to my SD card.Then having CWM finishing the root process.Thanks so much to all you guys, and the developers, and to the posts.finaly i can sleep now lol..Good night,Good luck,And AMEN

android 2.3.6
    base ver. 60501015
    kern ver 2.6.35.7-perf
    android@localhost#1
    build # m865v100r001c153b862

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    06/11

Hopefully you can help me out

i got the cricket merc, factory reset multiple times, still is acting up....do notice cwm icon when factory reseting....the wifi wont work keeps erroring out....and wont manual program or *228 program....everytime i manual program it will say something about nv item....please is there anything to fix this?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

try this to apply the updates from cricket---->

Quote Originally Posted by xxnubcakexx View Post

link can be found here to stock recovery image

http://xxnubcakexx.cricketusers.com/host/recovery.img

Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Pull out the battery and then back in. Turn the phone on holding vol up AND down. Plug into a PC. Then a drive should mount. In there a file named "Image" should be present. And in the file "recovery.img" is there. Replace that one with the one u downloaded. Pull out the battery and back in, turn on, and upgrade.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Anyone figure out how to root the StraightTalk version of the Huawei M865C yet? Last I read the M865C device model is missing the FastBoot permissions... Thanks in advance!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i had to disable my antivirus, but this worked to put clockwork on my ascend2 2.3.x from a windows vista machine. had problems rooting though. i tried your method but it would not push the files to my usb. i think it's because the Ascend2 drivers didn't install correctly or something. will try with another machine or just do it manually. zerg just hangs.
    Last edited by indica; 07-15-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Anything new? Any one figure it out? The .Zip won't push to my phone, and it wont reboot either. It has CWM, I can get to that fine. How do I try to do it manually?

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fudge View Post
    Anything new? Any one figure it out? The .Zip won't push to my phone, and it wont reboot either. It has CWM, I can get to that fine. How do I try to do it manually?
    I put the update.zip on the phone manually, but it said it was "bad"

Has anybody figured out how to root the Huawei ascend 2 version 2.3.6 with straight Talk yet?

Phone
    Huawei mercury

Hello everyone, excuse me if I ask but I have some questions and I hope you can help me. How safe is this, I mean if there is possibility of brick your phone using this method and the other thing is, what I do after connecting the device to PC in USB debugging and enable unknown sources?, Choose option A then option D, and that is all? or I need to do something else. And finally assuming I root my mercury, I can upgrade to the official ICS version if someday is launched by Huawei, and I continue to be root? Thanks in advance.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ariel_moya View Post
    Hello everyone, excuse me if I ask but I have some questions and I hope you can help me. How safe is this, I mean if there is possibility of brick your phone using this method and the other thing is, what I do after connecting the device to PC in USB debugging and enable unknown sources?, Choose option A then option D, and that is all? or I need to do something else. And finally assuming I root my mercury, I can upgrade to the official ICS version if someday is launched by Huawei, and I continue to be root? Thanks in advance.
    1st. there is ALWAYS a chance of bricking your phone, so you will always be doing this at your own risk.
    2nd. yes, just follow the directions
    3rd. IF cricket/huawei ever finally release the official ICS update, it will probably be an OTA update at first which means you will probably have to unroot and go back to stock before updating. OR you could wait until someone decides to setup an sdcard method of ICS (probably about a week after the official comes out)

Phone
    Huawei mercury

Thank you very much for the info. I know there is always a possibility of bricking your phone, and that I rooting my phone under my own risk, but I wondered if anyone has suffered brick by this method, because I never root any phone (actually this is my first smartphone) and I would like to know which is the safest and easiest method to root the mercury, if you know some other safer method let me know. And finally, can you tell me where I can see the guide to unbrick the mercury in case something goes wrong, I ask this because the guide who gave jkinglv90 no longer exists only appears (Last edited by jkinglv90; 03-26-2012 at 08 : 18 PM.) and then the comments. Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    ZTE Score

Is the source code available?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by reap3r119 View Post
    Is the source code available?
    I made this awhile back and even I dont have the scripts and all anymore, accidently got deleted.
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information