Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Chicago, IL and Flashed Phones (Observation)

Today I traveled through Chicago to arrive at my final destination. Right before I got there, I realized the ROM I flashed had put me on a Verizon PRL again. It was working, but data would cut out bad.

With u2nl/autostart.sh/autostart.apk and the $45 plan, I had no problem sending and receiving calls, texts, and getting Internet with the 42900 hybrid PRL that I had made.

I hope this does encourage those in Chicago to test out a flashed phone even though they live in an AWS tri band area. There are possibly negative side effects in the long run, but I've yet to see someone get their account shut down because they are using Sprint towers there.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    HTC EVO

I am about 60 miles from Chicago, IL and I believe I live in a AWS tri band area and everything works! IP runs off as cricket but *228 doesnt work

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Can someone please show me how to flash my evo to work on cricket in chicago

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Follow the flashing thread. Just make sure you use a hybrid PRL.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

I went to the cricket store and they said they couldnt open a account for my evo because i live near chicago. I currently have a samsung messenger 2 with the cricket unlimited $35 plan and i was wondering that if i were to become a supporting member of the forum could u guys flash my messenger to my evo 4g

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by killakid View Post
    I went to the cricket store and they said they couldnt open a account for my evo because i live near chicago. I currently have a samsung messenger 2 with the cricket unlimited $35 plan and i was wondering that if i were to become a supporting member of the forum could u guys flash my messenger to my evo 4g

It's not considered flashing this to that, but I know what you mean. If you can flash it on your own, good for you. Then as a supporting member we can put that phone on your current account or add a line if that's what you want. I have another site that deals with flashing phones for a fee. It'd be really cool if you could use the tutorials here, but I could do some sort of mail in service.

As for the plan upgrade, I can get my dealer to put the phone down as a CPE Smartphone Android OS, and then you should be able to update it to the Android plan or a $45 plan.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

so i can use internet even dough im in chicago?as long as i use a hybrid prl?because i currently have a htc evo 4G and im using the $35 plan because i was told that im not able to get the $55 plan because i live in a triband are.i wanna upgrade to a $55 plan with my new 3d Evo.just wanna make sure im able to use the $55 plan here in AWS tri band area?

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

hi just flashed my evo 3D to crickets $35 plan.i also got the 3G icon on top of my phone screen.working 100% here in chicago IL (AWS area)

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by adalid1988 View Post
    hi just flashed my evo 3D to crickets $35 plan.i also got the 3G icon on top of my phone screen.working 100% here in chicago IL (AWS area)
    Glad to hear it. Another Cricket success story lol.

Congrats! Im having troubles getting my internet to work on my Droid 2 Global. I found a store 1.5 hrs away that would flash it for me, Ive been there 2x and the second time he got the talk and text working but no internet or mms. He said its fully flashed and i just needed to find the settings on my phone to turn the data on, ive found nothing like that. Ive talked to cricket numerous times and they have confirmed to me that im on the $55 android plan and that everything on their end is setup and working. I tried to write the nv items like the other thread suggested but im a total noob and dont think i did it correctly. It had me save the file and I couldnt find out how to name it so i just overwrote the nv file that site had generated for me. According to my about tab im using prl 42900. Might this be the problem? Any help will be appreciated to save me the time and headache of traveling back up there. Thanks

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

using a hybrid prl might help u get web

Question Trying to get my phone to work in Chicago Area

ive been having so much trouble trying to get my htc evo shift to work out here i have finally got it flashed but am still having trouble activating it. HOW DO I ACTIVATE???? someone please help.....

I also live in an "AWS" (St.Louis, MO) area, and I have full functionality with my flashed HTC EVO. I have tried two hybrid PRL's (45713 hybrid prl and also 45722 hybrid prl) both of these have worked for me, and i did not really notice any difference between the two. I do not receive the best of service while in my home, but i am going to play around with some more prl's to see if any changes happen.

Also im currently using the JiminyCricket V ROM. I realllly like Synergy Rc2+Godmode but i could not get MMS to work, I am going to play around with that some more as well.

so im running off a stock rooted rom and used both 45713 hybrid prl and 45722 hybrid prl i have my data working on the htc evo shift but no talk or text i live in the chicago area and feel like im so close to getting this to work is there any suggestions PLEASEEEEE....

Hi, I flashed my Epic 4g to cricket in Phoenix with a hybrid prl, the latest one about 1 week ago. Then I moved to Chicago on sat 8/13. When I first got off the plane I was only roaming and it would not let me talk or text. Then about 10 mins and a reboot later everything is working perfectly, data, talk, text, working even better then it did in Phoenix.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information