Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok people, lets pay attention and make sure that we send our members the correct info. They help us with our problems, so lets make it easy for them to do that.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniels07jac View Post
    I just got an evo live in chicago. i get internet but when i try to make a call it says my account cant be validated. Ive been on this for hrs any help would be great.
    Same issue here. Been at this for 2 days, with Samsung NexusS 4G. Had double and triple checked my ESN and MIN - everything appears to be correct, but cannot get past "account cannot be validated" message when trying to make a call.

Pretty much at the end of my rope here, if anyone has any ideas - do tell.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think I have another idea, but we'll have to try it Monday. Someone please remind me then.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Bump.......

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Only South texas market requires Hybrids. Chicago is fine even with 32100. Make sure SID is correct. I had a person who could not receive calls until we changed SID.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I am having a similar problem with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. Everything is flashed, but I cant activate because whenever I try to call out I am getting a recorded message asking if I would like to make a collect call. I also live in Chicago. Any suggestions? I am completely lost but I am not yet ready to give up...

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Normally, CID-cricket system they activate phones in, automatically rejects the new activation of a flashed phone when the activation location is in AWS market. Also, if you call customer service and first provide your zip code, they will not be able to activate the phone for the same reason. So, you can order a cheap cricket phone online (A100 calculator looking brick or whichever one they have for like $19.99), and call for activation. Then you can change the ESN number to the new phone. Let's be nice to our darling service provider and at least contribute by buying an original cricket phone first.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CRose13 View Post
    I am having a similar problem with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. Everything is flashed, but I cant activate because whenever I try to call out I am getting a recorded message asking if I would like to make a collect call. I also live in Chicago. Any suggestions? I am completely lost but I am not yet ready to give up...
    If you already have a number, call 1-800-Cricket from a different number, or just become a supporting member here and they will do it for you online. To become a supporting member, you only have to pay $12.99 and that's it. They do 3 free esn changes in a year, so you never have to worry about calling Cricket when changing handsets. Here is a link http://www.cricketusers.com/payments.php#axzz1b48mT4rl
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    Normally, CID-cricket system they activate phones in, automatically rejects the new activation of a flashed phone when the activation location is in AWS market. Also, if you call customer service and first provide your zip code, they will not be able to activate the phone for the same reason. So, you can order a cheap cricket phone online (A100 calculator looking brick or whichever one they have for like $19.99), and call for activation. Then you can change the ESN number to the new phone. Let's be nice to our darling service provider and at least contribute by buying an original cricket phone first.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

If you already have a number, call 1-800-Cricket from a different number, or just become a supporting member here and they will do it for you online. To become a supporting member, you only have to pay $12.99 and that's it. They do 3 free esn changes in a year, so you never have to worry about calling Cricket when changing handsets. Here is a link http://www.cricketusers.com/payments.php#axzz1b48mT4rl
    Thanks for the plug dina, much appreciated.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Okay thank you. I already have a cricket phone but I think I just might just become a supporting member because I am so lost with this and I really dont want to screw up the htc...

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

You are welcome. Just keep in mind, that in order for you to really screw up an Android phone, you have to try hard So be confident and just do it!

Which PRL is the best for the Chicago land area? I use to have Nation Wide PRL 4399 and worked ok. Today I switched to 45713MyCricketForum.prl and the internet goes very slow. 50 kbps according to speedtest app.I just tried PRL 42600 and got 89 kbps.

Anyone have a consistent favorite?

Overall activity: 3.0%

Anyone in Chicago have a PRL they're happy with? Since I flashed I've been on 35568, it works but internet is slow

i live in chicago and my internet have been great i am using prl 45722 i think its a hybrid bt it works great for internet is faster i am using a droid 1

Quote Originally Posted by cricketiskool View Post
    i live in chicago and my internet have been great i am using prl 45722 i think its a hybrid bt it works great for internet is faster i am using a droid 1
    Im from the milwaukee area ive been trying dirrent prls that prl is ok. 42900.prl seemed to work a little better though.

I'm in chicago and my old 45713 was not giving me 3g anymore for whatever reason. Then I saw that hybrid prl's are not required for this area anymore and flashed 45213. I was able to use my phone still but never got 3g, just 1x. Though the 1x wasn't soo bad. So now I'm going to try 45722 and 42900 and see which is better.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

45722 Got me 3G again but speeds were very slow 300 down 40 up. 42900 got me 200 down and 30 up with a higher ping. To say the least I don't like my results with either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information