Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

I too am trying 45722 and 42900. 42900 seemed a little better in my house, but I'm going to try 45722 for the day and see how it fares. You're update is not inspiring. My old Ascend had 42700 on it from Cricket. When you use the hybrid PRLs are you going into mobile data and adjusting the roaming to "Home Only?"

Any other great results for Chicago? I'm mostly in Lincoln Park and Downtown.

Changing the PRL with QPST was very difficult within CM7. Options are to flash to a Sense Mod or I found this:
    QPST DIAG Mode CM7 (Aka ##3424) - xda-developers

Hope it helps someone else. It's a work around using Gscript to allow the phone to access Diag Mode (needed for QPST). With CM7 the ##3424# doesn't work. This worked great!

Has anyone tried the newest PRL Hybrids from Feb? That PRL sticky is just to lengthy to read.

Thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm using 45613 and I think its the worst I've used. I'm on the southside of chicago and loop and it dropped to 1x several times. Highest download speed I got was 154kbps.

Now using 45513 and getting 91dbm and 2 asu. 200 down 30 up. So does anyone in Chicago get decent speeds?
    Last edited by Kingkiron; 02-17-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Tried 45722 for about 4 hours, I've missed 4 calls...straight to voicemail. Upload and Downloan speeds were dismal using speedtest.net app from market both below 50. Signal was okay -70 to -85 (closer to 0 the better, from what I read). Switching to try PRL42900 and the hybrid42900 now. Will report back.

I trialed the 42900 Hybrid for about 36hrs here in Chicago. Some 3G, some 1x. Test speeds were very low. I looked again at my old Ascend I had bought at a local store here about 15 months ago. It has 42600 loaded on it. So, I'm now trying the 42600 on my DINC2 for a day or so to see how it goes.

I'm starting to think these different PRL's really don't make a big difference. I was reading elsewhere that the "P-referred R-oaming L-ist" could only come into play while you're roaming. Seems pretty logical to me. On these different PRL's it was suggested to turn the roaming settings to home only. So, I ask; how then does the PRL make a difference on the home towers? Can anyone share some light on how the PRL works?

My next idea is to head to a Cricket store and see what new PRL is on the phones here in Chicago (be it an employee's phone or whatever).

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 1.0%

so did 42600 work better than 42900?

42600 was okay, but I had several missed calls. I just dealt with it, but need to fix it finally. CDMA Gurus has much more info and PRL's. I read that the 4**** files are for analog/digital type phones. I have a Driod Incredible 2 which is an all digital phone. They suggest that the 4**** is not a good idea b/c it keeps looking for analog towers. They then suggest using a 3**** file which is all digital. I was originally on the 35568 (by mistake more then anything) and I've switched back to that until I can figure it out further.

I tried the EV 32100 file on this site and had no signal at all. The CDMA Gurus site has more to choice from.

Good Luck! Please report finding for Chicago PRL's!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by jred810 View Post
    I'm starting to think these different PRL's really don't make a big difference. I was reading elsewhere that the "P-referred R-oaming L-ist" could only come into play while you're roaming. Seems pretty logical to me. On these different PRL's it was suggested to turn the roaming settings to home only. So, I ask; how then does the PRL make a difference on the home towers? Can anyone share some light on how the PRL works?
    PRL is required for the phone to connect to ANY tower in general. Preference will always go to the home network when available. The hybrid PRLs combine Sprint and Cricket. Combining with a Verizon PRL is not good. IIRC it will NOT cause a Cricket/Sprint tower to have priority over a Verizon tower. This will result in a lot of roaming (no talk/data). Remember that you can still text while roaming on Verizon's network.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

sometimes calls go straight to voicemail and internet is slower than a turtle

has anyone experience this?any ideas why?

I'm trying a few I found on another site, attached are the goods. I'm trying 35513, since this morning, seems to be decent. I've still never found a strong connection for internet. Check them out, report back Chicago!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 1.0%

hey jred, thanks for the info. Can you tell me the signal strength for that PRL. Were there any missed calls...3g drops...etc?

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Try the PRL I posted in the thread called Tri-Band flashers, its 35668.prl and it works great. I also live in a tri band city and was trying so many hybrids, in the end this prl worked great for me.

If it doesn't work for you then it might be a area specific prl but it doesnt hurt to try.

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...-flashers.html

Red face Chicago PRL 45522

Been lurking for the past week or two playing with my phone and with PRL's finally got the (I'm assuming) latest Chicago PRL from an Ascend. The employee at my Cricket store is curious about the flashing stuff too so I convinced her to lend me her phone for 10 minutes (3 hours ^_^) so that I could take it home and rip the PRL off of it. I'm new to all of this flashing stuff and it was a pain to get the Huawei to get read with CDMA WS but I got it!!! Internet seems faster but I just got it going again and I'm tired so I'll mess with it some more tomorrow. I'm using a Droid X MB810 by the way. This site helped a lot and hopefully this helps you guys out too!!

I've been using the 45522.prl, internet slow, receive and make all calls. Im on the southside of chicago. So has anybody used the 45522.prl?

oh and no mms really dont care about that, just wish i could get faster internet...

I combined 45522.prl & 35568.prl
    Last edited by lofolks; 05-31-2012 at 11:00 PM.

I have used it as well. Im on the southside of Chicago too and internet is so slow. I have actually had problems making calls twice phone would say there is no network, or something like that.

I am going to flash it back to the 42600 prl, internet is slow too but everything else works perfectly.

BTW, I pulled my vitality prl off and flashed it on my evo, but still internet was slow. I thought using a Chicago prl from a cricket phone activated in Chicago would give me fast internet, but no.

I don't know if it is possible now to get fast internet here in Chicago.

There probably is, I was on the custom one someone posted earlier in the other thread that they use in a tri band area with really good speeds. Didn't work as well for me here in chicago, now i'm on 42900 and it's so slow too. Does anyone have one where the speeds are at least like 500 down? All I seem to get is an initial burst of 200-300 and then drops down to 80ish

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information