Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Is there a tutorial on how to get my flashed phone to work within the Illinois area. I Have a HTC EVO 3D
    please help. I really like this phone and want to be-able to use it. Tried activating through cricket they told me it wasn't compatible with there network.

2. Remove this advertisement.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by merc316 View Post
    Is there a tutorial on how to get my flashed phone to work within the Illinois area. I Have a HTC EVO 3D
    please help. I really like this phone and want to be-able to use it. Tried activating through cricket they told me it wasn't compatible with there network.
    Just use the evo 3d to cricket flashing tutorial http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...-internet.html

and it'll work fine. When you go to the store, make sure it's a corporate store, and when they try to scan the phone in it'll come up as a non-triband phone, so just have them input the imei number and I had them put it under the mercury, so in the system it says I have the mercury, but the imei is of the evo3d. Still works fine and everything. Only thing that sucks are the internet speeds aren't real 3g, but it all works. Also have to look up the voicemail fix, I have yet to do that myself, but as far as talk, text, web, and picture messaging, it all works.

EDIT: To clarify, voicemail itself does work, the notifications for voicemail don't. I just make it a habit to check it everyday.

OK I need help i really don't now anything about how to get cricket to activate my phone it is already flashed.the internet works,but not talk or text it say error message i was told the phone isn't compatible to there network. How I get my HTC EVO3D to work in Chicago IL

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

OK so go into a store instead of trying over the phone. I'am located in Chicago can you suggest a store that would do this?

Overall activity: 6.0%

just got my 4g evo flashed to cricketfrom cpr store at annapolis mall now im trying to get it to work but when i make a call it say we can not validate your call whats up people need someones help

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

"ESN Change"
    Top Of The Page $7.50

Make Sure 3G Is Up

Overall activity: 8.0%

Quote Originally Posted by merc316 View Post
    maybe u need an esn change.

Hi Forum, Anyone have a newer PRL for Chicago or one that is working at all?

My internet has slowed to a stop, I've reset all the QSTP settings and have found no resolve. Latest PRL's that work for a few minutes after reboot or a little at night are 35613 and 35568. You can also toggle on/off airplane mode and it will work for a minute then go away. The most interesting part is when I try the speedtest.net app, it thinks I'm in Wichita, KS. Not bad speeds for 2 states away?

Any suggestions? I've tried flashing dozens of the PRL's from the other thread here. If this doesn't work soon, I'm switching to a 4G provider. Anyone want a good condition DINC2 rooted and running CM9 (ICS)?

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Ill take it. PM me

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 3

Hi I have flashed many of phones in St. Louis another AWS triband area and everything works perfectly even MMS.

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

im getting alot of missed calls

This thread may have saved me. I purchased an (Verizon) S3 on eBay, did all the fun stuff (rooted, unlocked bootloader, installed CM10) and flashed it to Cricket. I only have a mobile broadband account with Cricket, though, and my current phone is with Virgin Mobile. Cricket won't activate my S3 in my area (SE WI) because "we're in a tri-band area and not all features will work."

I just want to confirm what I understand from this thread before moving forward, but it sounds like I can purchase a cheap phone through Cricket to establish an account and then change the ESN on the S3?

Thank you,
    Chris

The dealer closest to me won't attempt to activate my phone. A dealer a little further away said he can activate the phone but that I need a SIM card. Another local store told me to contact the corporate store to see if I can purchase a SIM card from them and they told me to contact Customer Service. Customer Service & Sales told me the only place I could get a SIM card is from the corporate store. ???

The funny thing is that now, since leaving the Cricket store after the rep scanned my phone, 3G is working on the phone. Phone calls don't work but 3G is. Keep in mind that, in an attempt to see if the phone would do ANYTHING, I programmed my mobile broadband card's phone number (and nothing else) in to the S3.

Chris
    Last edited by Christopher Zeman; 12-31-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Zeman View Post
    I just want to confirm what I understand from this thread before moving forward, but it sounds like I can purchase a cheap phone through Cricket to establish an account and then change the ESN on the S3?
    yes, we cannot create an account with flashed devices in tri-band areas. the account must be created with a cricket device.

Cricket won't activate my S3 in my area (SE WI) because "we're in a tri-band area and not all features will work."
    you can get it activated. and all features working. . the problem is that you will be using sprint's towers since your phone does not operate on the same spectrum cricket's towers do in your area. which means you may get services disconnected or limited without notice at any time. you may also attempt to get a different PRL from the other posts in this forum. .

here is how another user got his device working and bypass the tri-band limitation. if no dealers want to try this by you just pm me your number/imei/aid/name and i will try this (you need a cricket account first)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Gonciarczyk View Post
    it'll work fine. When you go to the store they try to scan the phone in it'll come up as a non-triband phone, so just have them input the imei number and I had them put it under the mercury, so in the system it says I have the mercury, but the imei is of the evo3d. Still works fine and everything. Only thing that sucks are the internet speeds aren't real 3g, but it all works. Also have to look up the voicemail fix, I have yet to do that myself, but as far as talk, text, web, and picture messaging, it all works.

. Customer Service & Sales told me the only place I could get a SIM card is from the corporate store. ???
    cricket will not give out 4g sim cards for any devices but their own.

I programmed my mobile broadband card's phone number (and nothing else) in to the S3.
    that is awesome and hilarious. Cricket WIN!

Supporting Member

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Anybody Got Any Good PRL's?

any luck in a triband area of chicago with data?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information