Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

do you have debugging mode checked?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

I believe the ***LOCKED*** has to do with one of your devices taking HTC's OTA update. It seems to identify those that have unlocked their bootloader from what I gather. I doubt it has anything to do with your USB connection issues. Are you capable of booting into an *nix environment and running a few terminal commands? I am curious to see what lsusb will list when the device is plugged in.

Reference thread - I know it is regarding the Sensation

Another reference thread - Again, I know it's for a different HTC device

You are good to go if you are already S-OFF, I feel sorry for all the people who are NOT S-OFF... If you wait until the OTA upgrade and then try to root your phone, via the HTC method, you will lose your warranty, plus you will have to wait for HTC to release the bootloader unlocker... I would advise everybody to root your phone now, before installing the OTA upgrade, if you were thinking about rooting your phone, don't wait... If you are already S-OFF, you will have to return to the stock HBOOT 1.17.0008, you will still be S-OFF, now try to install the OTA upgrade. After you install the OTA upgrade, you will have to reroot your phone, don't panic if you see the word "LOCKED" at the top of the screen.

tl;dr; ***LOCKED*** display is just an identifier used by HTC to determine if bootloader is unlocked on newer hboot's.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by charlieg1 View Post
    Does it matter if the phone charges? Can it still be a busted data port? Plus the USB cable chargers and works with another htc evo 3d.
    Try another cable first..

Did you buy the phone new or used?

About the port, it depends on how it's busted.. If a certain pins are damaged or there's a short somewhere it can still charge but won't recognize..

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Try another cable first..

Did you buy the phone new or used?

About the port, it depends on how it's busted.. If a certain pins are damaged or there's a short somewhere it can still charge but won't recognize..

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I bought this phone used about 2 days ago. Yeah that was my doubt, if the connection was independent from the charging mode.
    If it were to be that, what do you recommend? I hear it is a cheap fix if you know what you are doing. I don't want to pay $50 to get it repaired.

Hey Mr.Developer,

I will check this out...

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by charlieg1 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for responding. I bought this phone used about 2 days ago. Yeah that was my doubt, if the connection was independent from the charging mode.
    If it were to be that, what do you recommend? I hear it is a cheap fix if you know what you are doing. I don't want to pay $50 to get it repaired.
    If you don't know what you're doing, and you don't have much experience with soldering and repairing delicate electronics I suggest you take it to a professional.

Does the usb connect snugly or does it wiggle around?

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    If you don't know what you're doing, and you don't have much experience with soldering and repairing delicate electronics I suggest you take it to a professional.

Does the usb connect snugly or does it wiggle around?
    Well, I wouldn't call me savvy in that area. While comparing both Evo 3D. The one that is having conenction (phone A) problems is a less snug than the one that is (phone B) working properly. Phone A feels less resistance when discounnecting the cable, while phone B puts much more resistance. I'm starting to think it might be the port...

how does it look?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Read up on USBdeview. It may be coming up already for some reason and associating with the wrong drivers. Have you installed HTC Sync or anything before?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Well I went to a repair shop and they said it was the usb port. They told me that the port has seperate pins inside, 2 for docking purposes and 3 for charging?

They charge me $60, looks like im going to just sell it.

If anyone wants this thing let me know.

San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico

new to this but I've had the same ish . All other profiles work (charging usb mass storage and modem{haven't tried sync, google acct sync does the trick 4 me}) work I can't find a port to verify device is in diag mode(although it shows diiag screen on droid) in order to update port info on the cdma workshop/qpst. Any possibility that The dealer that flashed the device removed the diag drivers from inside os(android)? when titanium backup ran initial backup there were two files I could not back up(o bytes)it was com.android.htc profile and shared file. Am I in left field picking flowers?. I want to update my prl from 35368 to a newer one and set my msl to zero and to my understanding(whatever little it may be) qpst and cdma workshop would be the only way to so. Thanks ahead for any info/responses.

Hi Bertikus,

That doesn't sound like a bad port! Lucky you... I'm assuming you have tried ##3424# and/or ##PROGRAM and didn't work.

I found this thread that might help

service programming on the moto droid

What ROM are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by bertikus View Post
    new to this but I've had the same ish . All other profiles work (charging usb mass storage and modem{haven't tried sync, google acct sync does the trick 4 me}) work I can't find a port to verify device is in diag mode(although it shows diiag screen on droid) in order to update port info on the cdma workshop/qpst. Any possibility that The dealer that flashed the device removed the diag drivers from inside os(android)? when titanium backup ran initial backup there were two files I could not back up(o bytes)it was com.android.htc profile and shared file. Am I in left field picking flowers?. I want to update my prl from 35368 to a newer one and set my msl to zero and to my understanding(whatever little it may be) qpst and cdma workshop would be the only way to so. Thanks ahead for any info/responses.

San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico

##3424# did come up on screen(droid). I loaded revolutionary 4.0 I believe; but was unable to get a rom loaded on device due to an error in reading the zip(wanted an updated binary file and some edify something or other){downloading full sdk now}. I am currently on the stock rom; but with help from titanium back up I was able to remove the sprint junk I did not use/need. I will try out the post and will update ASAP. I was also going to assure with store that ports on usb droid are not damaged, as my son likes to play basketball with the device(LOL). Thank you for your response and appreciate your knowledge

WOW basketball...sounds like he needs a phone toy LOL... Yeah, have you tried downloading rom manager and installing the latest version of clockword mod.? Rom manager lets you choose which version to load from 2.5 to 5.0 ( i believe) I don't know if this helps, just adding my 2cents. Well you said everything else works when connected, Does it charger the phone, usb mass storage, and modem? It doesn't sound like a bad port but u never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information