Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

Cricket not believing phone is flashed! Really getting on my nerves.

What's the deal with CricKet??
    I've started flashing phones since I was in high school when the LG Chocolate came out (VX8500). As of this year, I've taken 3 phones to Cricket and they've been very rude saying that my phone hasn't been flashed. For example:

1. Earlier this year I took an Evo 4g in and followed a Full flash guide. The woman in the store told me my phone wasn't flashed. If I dialed the number, it said "Welcome to Cricket". She was trying to push their flashing services on me for an almost additional $60. She was so mean and sharp about it. It just turned out that I had no signal. I activated the phone as soon as I went down the street and it worked.
    2. I flashed my brother's GS3 to cricket. I still was sorta unable to get MMS to work but web worked. I was going to try and purchase the app from mraabhimself but I never heard back from him (any other workarounds?). Anyway The guy told my brother at Cricket that the phone hadn't been flashed. Whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. However, they could flash it in the store and add MMS and web for an additional fee. Turns out that my flash indeed worked and as I said before, the only thing that is a bit awry is MMS.
    3. Fast forward to almost a full year later (today) and I had to do a quick flash job for the Samsung Transform Ultra for one of my dad's friends. I followed the guide here but was getting an error when I tried to push a few files to the phone, but I figured I'd just try to use the anycut message. I have all the correct settings in (based on what she gave me), but I had no 3g icon and GreenK45 wouldn't work. Anyway since the person was in such a hurry to get the phone back, I made sure that it was at least a half flash done and that she would bring it back so I could try and get MMS and Web working on it pending on the plan she got (though idk if many people have had success with it on here). My old man called me back saying that Cricket told her that the phone wasn't flashed. They could use their software to do a half flash for $40 or a full flash for $60. WTF??? The phone is already flashed to Cricket, and at the very least it is already half flashed so basic text and talk work. When you dial a number you even get the Cricket prompt as usual. Now te person I flashed the phone for is trying to go get the phone activated at multiple stores just to see if they say the same thing. It's a pain in the neck. She said the woman called her manager after she just told her the phone wasn't flashed and then came back and told her "Well the phone is already half flashed so we can give you 50% off on a flash".

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Don't send them to the store do the activation over the phone. Cricket is right that either one of the last two phones you flash were fully flash. One had no mms and the other no mms or web. Are these new activation and if so how do you know the min before they are activated?

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

New thing. If the phone is not activated, the 3g symbol will not show up. They used to push 3g to every phone that was turned on and had a cricket prl. That takes bandwidth from all the phones that are active slowing the speed. Now we all have better speed because only active phones can use the 3g towers. I found this out the hard way on my first flash. And yes flash it, make sure you know the min, if you don't, call cricket and ask them for it. When you have the right prl, you can activate it. If something is wrong, you can fix it while it is active, then *228 again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    Don't send them to the store do the activation over the phone. Cricket is right that either one of the last two phones you flash were fully flash. One had no mms and the other no mms or web. Are these new activation and if so how do you know the min before they are activated?
    They ended up going to another store further down the street and they activated the phone with no hassle. They were in and out in 5 min. Also, I didn't know Cricket even still allowed you to activate phones OTA. If I can recall correctly, when I've tried to activate over the phone (my last 2 personal flashes), they told me I needed to bring the phone into the Cricket Store for activation. The first Cricket flash I did was an HTC Hero 2 and I was able to activate via a live human at customer support. Around that same time Cricket started using an automated system to handle customer service and they tell you to bring the phone in(around the time I flashed the EVO). But that was at least a year ago. Maybe that's just something they enforce locally?Perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredl45600 View Post
    New thing. If the phone is not activated, the 3g symbol will not show up. They used to push 3g to every phone that was turned on and had a cricket prl. That takes bandwidth from all the phones that are active slowing the speed. Now we all have better speed because only active phones can use the 3g towers. I found this out the hard way on my first flash. And yes flash it, make sure you know the min, if you don't, call cricket and ask them for it. When you have the right prl, you can activate it. If something is wrong, you can fix it while it is active, then *228 again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    This is what I normally do most times. After the *228, I go back and check to make sure things are working by plugging the phone back up and making sure none of the changes reverted back.
    Last edited by Black_Garden; 08-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Garden View Post
    What's the deal with CricKet??
    I've started flashing phones since I was in high school when the LG Chocolate came out (VX8500). As of this year, I've taken 3 phones to Cricket and they've been very rude saying that my phone hasn't been flashed. For example:

1. Earlier this year I took an Evo 4g in and followed a Full flash guide. The woman in the store told me my phone wasn't flashed. If I dialed the number, it said "Welcome to Cricket". She was trying to push their flashing services on me for an almost additional $60. She was so mean and sharp about it. It just turned out that I had no signal. I activated the phone as soon as I went down the street and it worked.
    2. I flashed my brother's GS3 to cricket. I still was sorta unable to get MMS to work but web worked. I was going to try and purchase the app from mraabhimself but I never heard back from him (any other workarounds?). Anyway The guy told my brother at Cricket that the phone hadn't been flashed. Whoever did it didn't know what they were doing. However, they could flash it in the store and add MMS and web for an additional fee. Turns out that my flash indeed worked and as I said before, the only thing that is a bit awry is MMS.
    3. Fast forward to almost a full year later (today) and I had to do a quick flash job for the Samsung Transform Ultra for one of my dad's friends. I followed the guide here but was getting an error when I tried to push a few files to the phone, but I figured I'd just try to use the anycut message. I have all the correct settings in (based on what she gave me), but I had no 3g icon and GreenK45 wouldn't work. Anyway since the person was in such a hurry to get the phone back, I made sure that it was at least a half flash done and that she would bring it back so I could try and get MMS and Web working on it pending on the plan she got (though idk if many people have had success with it on here). My old man called me back saying that Cricket told her that the phone wasn't flashed. They could use their software to do a half flash for $40 or a full flash for $60. WTF??? The phone is already flashed to Cricket, and at the very least it is already half flashed so basic text and talk work. When you dial a number you even get the Cricket prompt as usual. Now te person I flashed the phone for is trying to go get the phone activated at multiple stores just to see if they say the same thing. It's a pain in the neck. She said the woman called her manager after she just told her the phone wasn't flashed and then came back and told her "Well the phone is already half flashed so we can give you 50% off on a flash".
    i have been to a Few Cricket Stores that where not [ Corp ] & [ Premier ] they where 3rd party dealers, to the point: i take phones in and the FIRST THING they do is [ *228 ] it will auto 99.9% Remove the Internet & MMS settings from the phone!

They know this & thats why they did it, the reason they do it is simple...... o hey its not flashed tell you what you activate it today and ill flash it for $55, or its not flashed that will be $55 before i flash it??...... yes no? wtf no it was flashed, i no its not look...

so when u take a phone into the store DO NOT LET THEM TURN IT ON, just get info from under battery, or take them to the about area in phone!

Or call it in to get service!

it really should not matter if its FLashed or not, they are still doing an activation and getting paid!

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

NOT ALL PHONES will work 100% right after a *228 or OTA, since the OTA will not Program the WEB SETTINGS, but erase them!
    -

Best if you flash it first, then OTA, then Re-Flash it again!
    -

Some Phones can take a OTA and just work, other will not work!
    -

i see people Re-Selling used already flashed phones on the internet or eaby or caglist saying " o ya its already flashed, just activate it " but not no no, not all phones can be re- activated since it will get a NEW PHONE NUMBER this means sure the OTA will let you get Talk/Text most of the time, most 80% of the time NO INTERNET< if the internet dose work its working of the OLD phone number if its still sactive but will stop working soon!

i have flashed a phone before ( both phone numbers where active ) 1 number for talk other number for web and it worked tell i killed the other web line, then it stoped there for in htereory you can flash a phone with someelse MDN & min and you should get working WEB only, but do not DO NOT DO IT its against the law im sure!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Some phones you get lucky my epic 4g touch I fully flashed it to cricket but still got 4g service for 6 months and when I transferred the number to my gs3 that phone still gets 4g service don't see how but it does crazy shit there

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

I got everything fixed up today. The client brought the phone back and I knew I did everything right, but I wasn't getting a 3g icon. It turns out that I just had to perform a hard reset and reflash and the phone was fully functional. I tried Wireless Workshop and I must admit, the customer service and software went above and beyond my expectations.

Thread Information