Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Droid Bionic Flashing $

Hello i am new here i have been searching internet for someone who can flash a droid bionic to cricket or metro and have the esn added to directory. The closest person i can find can only do flash not esn add , which is needed. I have already looked in the shop as well and no one has bionic on list of supported phones here. I am at my wits end looking for tuts on flashing this model phone. can anyone give me some advice, or wants to offer their services for $.? thank you so much for reading this!

2. Remove this advertisement.

If you becoming a supporting member you get free esn changes up to 2 per month for silver use. And for a year subscription it is 12.99 and the price for esn change for cricket to do it is 15 dollars. As far as flashing there, Dina flashes bionics for 45 dollars. I can flash it as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ok cool thank you so much for the input! sounds like I'm going to hit u up very soon lol for the flash. I'm on metro right now but can't use the phone on there. to do cricket though would i have to sign up for a 50 dollar smart phone plan? i heard you can just do the 45 a month and it should work. is this true? I'm clueless about their services.

If your going for the 45 dollar plan I'm honestly not sure. I would definitely talk to Dina I was going to mail my bionic to have it flashed but figured it out myself.

I'm on the 55 dollar plan I had the mercury but flashed my bionic and had cricket register the esn and have my number transferred to it.

Okay I see . so cricket doesn't have that esn database problem? i know if you flash a phone to metropcs you have to find someone internally to add an esn to their database. But does cricket just allow you to call in and add it like on the fly for free?? I'm confused with that .

I'm not sure about just adding it, but adding then transferring numbers has a 15 dollar fee.

i c well thats not to bad pretty cheap. Okay so scot this is what I'm thinking about doing give me some feedback tell me if this makes sense. i was thinking about flashing my bionic myself(giving it a try) using the RAZR guide, but using NVitems for metrpcs.Also instead of cricket pro using metropcs prl. I found someone to add IMEI number to their database for activation. Does this sound logical? or should i just stick with cricket.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

*prl not pro

Honestly I'm not 100% sure about metroPCS but seeing as your just swapping the NV items and PRL it should work! Here's what I did to flash my bionic perfectly with stable 3G. First, I used RSD lite and the 902 fxz file to flash my bionic back to out of box stock. Now for CDMA workshop. Make sure to boot your phone into diag mode I've heard its not necessary but I do it just to be sure. Hold vol up and down then power on then scroll down to bp tools and hit volume up to select it. Once your phone has booted plug in your USB cable. Let drivers install and what not. Now for the free version of CDMA only com ports 1,2, and 3 can be used. So I went into device manager, go to ports and right click Motorola diag port then go to properties, and go to port settings then to advanced, change the port number to 2 if you have that port available. Or you can download a program called HW Virtual serial port to make your device show up as a different port number. Google how to set it up its easy as 123 I'm not at my pc at the moment so I'm reciting all this from memory . OK once you get CDMA workshop connected to the correct port, read to be sure it is the right one. Then exit and reconnect this time do not read. Go to the security tab and in the SPC section send "000000" and it should unlock it for programming. Next go to the main tab and at the bottom there is a drop down arrow with CDMA. Click that and select cdma-1. Now you will see where you can change the NV setting to NV only. Change it to NV only, write to the phone, and reboot. Make sure to boot into diag mode once again. Now go back into CDMA workshop and connect to the port remember not to read. Go to memory tab and send the NV items you have for metro PCS and reboot back into diag. Now your ready for QPST. This is where I really couldn't help you because the QPST tutorial for the razr is for cricket but it may be similar enough to just change some things in the tutorial to match metro pcs. Once you have finished the tutorial and written to your device. Reboot and make sure to set your mobile network in settings from cdma/lte to cdma only. Now what I did is go to ##PROGRAM and I used user activation and put in the MIN and cdma system ID that a cricket representive provided me then hit done and the phone rebooted and I was activated and could use talk and text and web. Next I changed the LTE settings just like the razr tutorial and rebooted WITHOUT my sim and I have stable 3G.

Wow thanks A lot very descriptive I'm give it all a try this week and see how it turn out! really big help scot thanks!

But I'm sure for a fact that what I do works so if you go with cricket do what I just said and you should be fine. If anything I said is unclear just say so and I will reiterate as best as I can. I know I bought the mercury because I took one quick look at how to flash my bionic over and gave up instantly but then I just said whatever ill put some time into it and I did it no problem now I'm selling my mercury LOL.

No problem hope it all goes well for you! Remember to report back and let us know how it goes. Happy flashing.

Thread Information