Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

EVO 3D unable to read CAVE

I'm using DFS CDMA 4.0.0.5 (free) and CDMA Workshop 2.7.x (registered). Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I have sent the SPC unlock.

UPDATE: neither is writing the esn/meid, I'm unable to repair it.
    Last edited by mryanfrost; 10-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Its an old saying "open sesame door"
    Google is your friend.

Thanks for nothing, *two thumbs up*

EDIT: Just to clarify. I'm trying to resolve issues with either of these programs. Plenty of individuals have stated they have done all of the following through the programs without having to use the open sesame method. My issue is with QFS not working afaik.
    Last edited by mryanfrost; 10-07-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Use revskills for Efs

I did the Open Sesame Door exploit, nvm unlocked but I am unable to copy 0 and 1943, I get an error. I still don't understand why EQF isn't working in DFS CDMA, it's yellow instead of green. I guess I'll try revskills.

UPDATE: Copied 0 and 1943, edited with reverse pairs and uploaded to nvm. Reset phone, ESN/MEID still the same and my SPC reset.
    Last edited by mryanfrost; 10-07-2012 at 06:35 PM.

You can't just edit your meid number you have to make the esn and meid zeroed out the reset the phone

The you can use cdma workshop, wireless workshop, or any other meid tool to default write the meid

I've zeroed the esn/meid and rebooted. It remained zeroed out. However QXDM/DFS CDMA/CDMA Workshop are unable to write the esn/meid or read EFS. EQF is still yellow in DFS CDMA.

I don't know if I'm missing a step or what. I send both SPC and Password. Do I need the CAVE keys? I still can't read them.

if you still have the meid zeroed out then you can use wireless workshop advanced tab to write the meid

its only $25 dollars for the month and will write the meid with no problem as long as its still zeroed out

How can I even be remotely sure Wireless Workshop will be able to write the ESN/MEID if everything else is having issues?

CDMA Workshop/DFS CDMA are unable to read EQF or write to nvm.
    QXDM is unable to write to nvm, aside from zeroing.

Once I zero out, if I select "read" in either CDMA Workshop or DFS CDMA it will repopulate the ESN/MEID and write over the zeroed 0 and 1943 files in nvm.

I do not understand how all these other YouTube videos and users show it's easy enough to accomplish in 5 minutes, yet mine can't. Does it have anything to do with my hboot? rom? radio? prl?

Wireless Workshop won't work for me. I'm actually trying to get it on Virgin. CU just seems to have the most forum experience when it comes to flashing. I just need to change my meid, I have all the other settings copied.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by mryanfrost View Post
    Wireless Workshop won't work for me. I'm actually trying to get it on Virgin. CU just seems to have the most forum experience when it comes to flashing. I just need to change my meid, I have all the other settings copied.
    Now that is a sad statement, I remember the days when Howard Forums was the go to site for flashing.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by mryanfrost View Post
    Please note: Changing an MEID on any wireless device is a federal offense and therefore illegal. We will not discuss how to perform that function on this forum.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Please note: Changing an MEID on any wireless device is a federal offense and therefore illegal. We will not discuss how to perform that function on this forum.
    You are receiving this email in response to your inquiry to the FCC.

Dear Mr. ztahoez,

Thank you for contacting the Federal Communications Commission.

In the United States there are two competing types of Cellular technologies: CDMA and GSM.

GSM uses a SIM card, a small removable chip that stores your information and can be moved from phone to phone. GSM phones are either "carrier locked" or "unlocked." An unlocked phone will work with any GSM provider in the world if you insert their SIM card; a "carrier locked" phone will only work with the carrier it is branded to, though there is often a code that can unlock the phone. The carrier may provide you with the code at the end of your contract.

CDMA has the network information hard coded into the phone rather than in a removable card. The phone is essentially hard codes to use a specific frequency and cell towers of a specific company and can be changed by software using manufacturer specific codes. However, changing these codes can cause your device to malfunction and not operate properly so only do so at your own risk. Two CDMA handsets cannot be used with the same serial number. Doing so falls under "cloning esns" which cannot be done without serious consequences and legal actions. Therefore when removing these locks both handsets cannot be in usable condition. In addition, some carriers can file a civil suit for fraud so please be sure to check and stay up to date on their terms of use.

The Library of Congress ruled that mobile phone subscribers can have the software locks removed to allow them to keep using handsets when they switch carriers. The new decision took effect on July 27, 2010 and remains in for 3 years. The action was one of six exempting classes of works from the prohibition against circumvention of technological measures that control access to copyrighted works. This proceeding was mandated by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Thank you for your inquiry.

If the Donor phone is rendered inoperable then it is not a crime. period
    Not arguing but that letter is directly from the fcc.
    The donor phone has to be destroyed.
    you can't use 2 handsets with the same meid
    but its ok if the other one has been rendered inoperable.
    Last edited by ztahoez; 10-09-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

^ That should be its own thread

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

That very well may be! However, there is not way for Cricketusers.com to know if the phone has in fact been destroyed or is still in use. Continued chatter about changing or repairing an MEID will result in a BAN! That is NOT acceptable here on this forum! You were warned once and you chose to argue. There will not be another warning!
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information