Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Angry Flashing iPhones to Cricket = Immediate Dealer Termination and Legal Action?

I just got this email from my Cricket IAM talking about terminating my dealership with Cricket for flashing iPhones. Has anyone else gotten a warning like this? I know of one store so far that was terminated for this reason. I can't afford to get terminated...

Cricket IAM
    "I want to reiterate to everyone that under NO circumstances should we be flashing iPhones and putting them on our network. Flashing iPhones is in direct violation of our Apple contract and any of this activity could lead to legal action.

Additionally, if any store is found to be flashing iPhones and putting on our network, that store will be terminated immediately.The only type of iPhone that should be used on our network is Cricket Branded iPHone 4, 4S and 5."
    Last edited by flashtofail; 02-09-2013 at 10:16 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Makes sense but its an immature notice. Shutting down a dealer makes no business sense. Terminating the persons iphone contract and refunding all their money makes perfect business sense. And warning the dealer not to do it again is logical. Apple will understand.

Sent from my rotary phone.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Dealers get plenty of notices, warnings. They just dont get it sometimes. Cricket its to a point right now that if dealers are not in compliance they shut you down and replace you within a week.. Makes sence to me!!

Gold Member

What makes even less sense is Cricket not hiring a competent system programmer that simply blocks non-cricket Iphones from being entered in the system. If they have the means of finding those phones on the system them they just as easily could have blocked its setup and prevent wasted costs & time harassing dealers. I would have done an audit and probably fired someone on Crickets board for this "backwards" policy.

Lets take this one more step. Why hasnt Cricket IAM threatened dealers for activating flashed Androids after Jan 28, 2013? Its illegal and has anyone seen a "policy" saying not to activate other carrier unlocked phones? ....stupidity.
    Last edited by wiseoldman; 02-10-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I also heard that they are working on a system to identify non-Cricket iPhones and dealers that activated them from our IAM. Has anyone else heard this?

Customer Since
    05/30/08
    Phone
    Samsung Note 2

Yes its been tested on one market right now

Overall activity: 2.0%

We have a dealer in our area with a craigslist add saying he flashes iphones so I am sure iam are looking the other way cause numbers are so low.

Cricket email us that said keep flashing all phones but iphones in responses to the 1/28 deadline, plus that only affects phones purchases after 1/28

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

flashtofail, love the name

Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    never

Quote Originally Posted by flashtofail View Post
    I just got this email from my Cricket IAM talking about terminating my dealership with Cricket for flashing iPhones. Has anyone else gotten a warning like this? I know of one store so far that was terminated for this reason. I can't afford to get terminated...

Cricket IAM
    "I want to reiterate to everyone that under NO circumstances should we be flashing iPhones and putting them on our network. Flashing iPhones is in direct violation of our Apple contract and any of this activity could lead to legal action.

Additionally, if any store is found to be flashing iPhones and putting on our network, that store will be terminated immediately.The only type of iPhone that should be used on our network is Cricket Branded iPHone 4, 4S and 5."
    The real question and the important information you left out was did you select that it was an iphone. They have no other way of knowing.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    What makes even less sense is Cricket not hiring a competent system programmer that simply blocks non-cricket Iphones from being entered in the system. If they have the means of finding those phones on the system them they just as easily could have blocked its setup and prevent wasted costs & time harassing dealers. I would have done an audit and probably fired someone on Crickets board for this "backwards" policy.

Lets take this one more step. Why hasnt Cricket IAM threatened dealers for activating flashed Androids after Jan 28, 2013? Its illegal and has anyone seen a "policy" saying not to activate other carrier unlocked phones? ....stupidity.
    This.^^ They are such a bunch of amateurs. They hire and buy the cheapest systems they get and then send nastigrams to everyone when they take advantage of exploits they are too cheap prevent.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Banned

Customer Since
    never

If they don't have a meid ranges to block then no. Its pretty simple contract with apple does not allow flashed apple devices. They have warned all there dealers. If the dealer is dumb enough to set a cpe device as an iphone then they are raising the red flag to say hey look at me I don't care about your rules. Its real simple set it as an android in CID and be done with it. You can activate as many as you want. Cricket could careless if you are using a flashed iphone. Just be smart enough not tell them you are.

Gold Member

Apples contract probably has a compliance clause. Whereby cricket has to audit themselves. If the audit picks up violations then the dance begins. Audits take many forms such taking a flashed iPhone in to cricket letting them activate it as an android, busted.

sent from my rotary phone

Banned

Customer Since
    never

No its people that select iphone with a cpe device. The dealer has no ability to know if the esn in the device he is activating is an iphone or not same applies to cricket themselves.

Gold Member

Have you been thru an audit, written and reviewed contracts? Apple will find out flashed iPhones are on crickets system eventually. Minor infractions get cricket hand slapped legally. Major contractual non compliance, wilfull intent, without policeing/auditing gets million dollar judgments against cricket.

sent from my rotary phone

Banned

Customer Since
    never

Failure in that statement is there is no way for the dealer or cricket at this point to know if it is an iphone. Violation does not get you a judgment of any kind, It is breach of contract and you loose your apple devices. Every wrong doing does not mean there is a cash lawsuit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information