Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Overall activity: 5.0%

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get my Boost Moto G fully flashed over. I've got talk and text working fine. I'm trying to use a donor phone (Samsung Fascinate) to pull the keys off of for 3G. I made the necessary change on the donor and did the OTA (the OTA finished in less than 10 secs). However, I am not able to get 3G on the donor phone at all, thus no keys. I've tried resetting and re-doing the OTA but still no 3G. I then proceeded to restore the donor back to its original state, activated a new number on the donor, did the OTA, 3G showed up and everything worked fine. So then I did the necessary change on the donor again, did the OTA, and again no 3G. What could I be doing wrong on the donor to get the keys for 3G?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%

if you have 3g on your donor, and not on the phone, you probably need to do a reset.... first do a ##RTN#, then when thats done, reboot into recovery and do a reset there.....

i ran into that prob, thats how i fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by spik3s View Post
    I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get my Boost Moto G fully flashed over. I've got talk and text working fine. I'm trying to use a donor phone (Samsung Fascinate) to pull the keys off of for 3G. I made the necessary change on the donor and did the OTA (the OTA finished in less than 10 secs). However, I am not able to get 3G on the donor phone at all, thus no keys. I've tried resetting and re-doing the OTA but still no 3G. I then proceeded to restore the donor back to its original state, activated a new number on the donor, did the OTA, 3G showed up and everything worked fine. So then I did the necessary change on the donor again, did the OTA, and again no 3G. What could I be doing wrong on the donor to get the keys for 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by toddb03 View Post
    if you have 3g on your donor, and not on the phone, you probably need to do a reset.... first do a ##RTN#, then when thats done, reboot into recovery and do a reset there.....

i ran into that prob, thats how i fixed it
    The thing is that I don't get 3G on my donor at all. I previously used the donor phone as my primary phone. Just a couple days ago I contacted PagePlus to change my ESN over to the Moto G. Then I proceed to use the old phone as the donor to pull the keys but no 3G at all. I even had PagePlus reset the ESN and still no go.

sounds like your out of data on the account...casue if you did a esn reset, then you shoud have data..

The thing is that I don't get 3G on my donor at all. I previously used the donor phone as my primary phone. Just a couple days ago I contacted PagePlus to change my ESN over to the Moto G. Then I proceed to use the old phone as the donor to pull the keys but no 3G at all. I even had PagePlus reset the ESN and still no go.

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

CaptainKirks, I just created (basically edited out mattgroffs razr utility) a boost moto g restore for 4.4.2. It is one click, so you don't have to enter all the fastboot crap yourself. Will post it once it is up on my google drive.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_h...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Dina; 03-12-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by toddb03 View Post
    sounds like your out of data on the account...casue if you did a esn reset, then you shoud have data..
    I wish that was the case but it isn't. I still have 319.97MB of data left on my account. And on top of that, when I check the keys on the donor with DFS, the keys did not update at all. Everything else (MDN, MIN, PRL) updated fine but the keys are still the old ones.

idk what to tell you bud, reset everything and start over..... soemthing is messed up.......without seeing it, i cant tell u a reason

I wish that was the case but it isn't. I still have 319.97MB of data left on my account. And on top of that, when I check the keys on the donor with DFS, the keys did not update at all. Everything else (MDN, MIN, PRL) updated fine but the keys are still the old ones.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    CaptainKirks, I just created (basically edited out mattgroffs razr utility) a boost moto g restore for 4.4.2. It is one click, so you don't have to enter all the fastboot crap yourself. Will post it once it is up on my google drive.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Thanks is there a different between the 2 links.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

welcome, there is no difference. Forum likes to double my messages when I edit them
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

&Dina is ONE SMART LADY!! and pretty cool i must add

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    welcome, there is no difference. Forum likes to double my messages when I edit them

So I was able to get real 3G working on my phone yesterday with no donor. It was working great the entire day until my monthly plan renewed last night. Today, my phone can no longer get 3G, only 1xRTT. I didn't change anything on my phone. Has anyone experienced this and may know what could be the cause?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

So I was able to get real 3G working on my phone yesterday with no donor. It was working great the entire day until my monthly plan renewed last night. Today, my phone can no longer get 3G, only 1xRTT. I didn't change anything on my phone. Has anyone experienced this and may know what could be the cause?
    you need to reset your esn. First change it to a dummy esn and change it back. Or have PP do a data reset.

Quote Originally Posted by jgkim View Post
    How to get Moto G spc code

http://tools.flashingtools.com/SPCUtility.apk

wifi only
    How do you sideload this with no file explorer? thanks.

Adb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 74.0%

Use wifi and from above link download it, after download is complete it will ask for installation. Before that enable unknown source app permission in settings.

2nd method is, put phone in developer mode, connect to PC and use ADB
    adb install spcutil.apk

tapatalking.....

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information