Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

General Flashing questions

So, I've been looking at different phones from different carriers, not much offered in my area from cricket, about 6-8 phones not including Iphones, and I've made sure I look at CDMA carriers. But I've got a few questions that may just be moot...but here they are.

1 I've noticed a lot of phones that are CDMA have different MHz that they run...do I need a phone that runs at the 1900MHz (which according to wikipedia is what cricket runs at) or can it be any CDMA MHz?

2 Can any cricket store do it or should I find someone reliable that can flash the phone to cricket? (was debating on even paying shipping both ways and sending it to one of the CU people !!)

3 If it's possible to buy directly from a manufacturer (I.E. Kyocera, Samsung, LG, Huawei) and I take a phone in to cricket is it possible to get the cricket software installed into it or would I have to find the stuff online?

Thanks for the answers if anyone out there has any

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I know sprint and virgin mobile htc phones will flash fine. If you are looking to flash a phone, look on this site and see if there is a guide to flash. If there is, it can be done. There is not a way to get the cricket branded stuff on a flash phone other than copy it and install it. Also, do your research, i have had 4 flashed phones, all rooted, all with custom rom, all htc. The biggest hurdle i had to cross is the mms.

Thread Information