Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Why keep it a secret, post it.

sent from my rotary phone

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

no secret, just wasnt sure if the issue had been resolved, and i figured it would be easier if someone just told me what exactly they r having an issue with. but ur right Wise, ill tell you what i will take screenshots of my settings and post but i dont use the $45 plan so the screenshots will be for the $50 android plan. but most of the settings are the same. And i guess where they differ i will indicate and list the correct info. But u know this will take me a couple hours to do, but for my fellow cricket user I will do

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

lol by the way i got that joke, sent from rotary phone. rotary phones are the old school phone with round dial and u put finger in hole and rotate clockwise

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Thank you bunvilla. Good info will help others here.

sent from my rotary phone

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

lol by the way i got that joke, sent from rotary phone. rotary phones are the old school phone with round dial and u put finger in hole and rotate clockwise

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

people who need help with the MMS , please list the phone u r using because i found that some settings are different in the ESPT settings and you would not be able to use my settings, that being said, i will wait for actual request from reply to this post so i can direct u to the right resources/ FYI for the full flashed but not working MMS andriod phones/ U must make sure u have ur MIN and MDN available , if u dont know what that is , then it might have an issue in to why u cant get MMS and data

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Some of us are using a custom ROM or using a sprint phone where the apns are baked into the ROM

HTC Evo 3d flashed to Cricket
    H-boot: Jbear 1.50 S-off
    ROM: Dirty Unicorns

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Now i have a evo3d, if anyone has a problem with getting it fully flashed to Cricket, i can definitely get thier data and mms working, Any other phone I will need to know ; Model/Make - Stock or custom rom - description of the issue - I have all the Cricket server Info on a Build Prop so if u can get access to the settings for your mms and data i can tell u what information goes where/ if u r on a sprint rom with only a prl flash ( which only gets u text and make calls) then u defiantly want to switch to a custom rom, which get rid of the settings reverting back to sprint if changed. ok thier u have it

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I too have the evo 3d running 4.2.2 dirty unicorns v1.7 I have mms working with a mms.apk I found somewhere in the evo thread. After modifying the build.prop and adding my own apns-config.xml it works. I need to find the evo thread again because it has some good directions.

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

U don't need to use any APk , u can edit build prop or use espt settings (##3382# and ##778#)

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

does your data work and does your youtube stream? reason i ask is because youtube will show up and let u pick a video but when it goes to stream it hangs and gives an error message, i had this issue with both custom and stock roms for awhile, finally found out not to long ago what cause this. if you go ##3282# and under advanced tab scroll down a lil and you will see a setting named RTSP/HTTP click on it and you will see a sprint url, changing the url to 0.0.0.0. and the other 3 entries also 0 then just back out and now your youtube will work. sprint added this setting to have a dedicated server support the streaming for thier members, but doesnt work for cricket user

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

does your data work and does your youtube stream? reason i ask is because youtube will show up and let u pick a video but when it goes to stream it hangs and gives an error message, i had this issue with both custom and stock roms for awhile, finally found out not to long ago what cause this. if you go ##3282# and under advanced tab scroll down a lil and you will see a setting named RTSP/HTTP click on it and you will see a sprint url, changing the url to 0.0.0.0. and the other 3 entries also 0 then just back out and now your youtube will work. sprint added this setting to have a dedicated server support the streaming for thier members, but doesnt work for cricket user

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

now im not intentionally promoting a custom rom but im am currently working with Negalite as i speak on adding the cricket carrier as an option on his Sprint/VM rom, I grab the provisioning info, settings and apps from the HTC one v which is a branded ICS rom for cricket ( the first android rom cricket actually paid for. I have already installed the beta copy of the rom on my phone after first installing a rom that had all VM settings. It worked perfectly as i had MMS and DATA without having to edit or change anything, what we r working on is figuring out how to have the RTSP setting changed also without user having to go in and manually changed it, so basically , install the rom and everything for cricket will automatically work. So u might want to check it out when we r finished, ( but if u want to try it now, what u do is download his current rom version r109 and the in the "blue rom mods section u will see a cricket zip, download that to" then install the rom but when done dont reboot to system , reboot back to recovery and flash the cricket zip/ im am using TWRP as my recovry

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

now im not intentionally promoting a custom rom but im am currently working with Negalite as i speak on adding the cricket carrier as an option on his Sprint/VM rom, I grab the provisioning info, settings and apps from the HTC one v which is a branded ICS rom for cricket ( the first android rom cricket actually paid for. I have already installed the beta copy of the rom on my phone after first installing a rom that had all VM settings. It worked perfectly as i had MMS and DATA without having to edit or change anything, what we r working on is figuring out how to have the RTSP setting changed also without user having to go in and manually changed it, so basically , install the rom and everything for cricket will automatically work. So u might want to check it out when we r finished, ( but if u want to try it now, what u do is download his current rom version r109 and the in the "blue rom mods section u will see a cricket zip, download that to" then install the rom but when done dont reboot to system , reboot back to recovery and flash the cricket zip/ im am using TWRP as my recovry

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

heres the rite path on website to cricket zip "NegaLite-BluRom Mods/ Rom Extra/
    Negalite_Cricket_v1.zip

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Phone
    EVIL 3D

Haven't been on here for awhile...just wanted to confirm that I have been running negalite blue...its real smooth and hell of a Rom in my eyes its the perfect sense Rom out there...got everything working on it mms web talk etc. EPST and apns involved of course...I really do hope that negamann and u bunvilla can make things better so we cricket users can enjoy this Rom even more this is bad ass news

Sent from my EVIL 3D ICS 4.0.3 Xparent Blue...

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
    U don't need to use any APk , u can edit build prop or use espt settings (##3382# and ##778#)

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

heres the rite path on website to cricket zip "NegaLite-BluRom Mods/ Rom Extra/
    Negalite_Cricket_v1.zip

So just to make this clear for me this temp cricket zip is so we don't have to worry about having to mess with the apns and epst right? Basically flashing this zip after flashing the Rom will give us a fully working cricket negalite blue Rom???...

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

My youtube works fine. Data speeds area kinda slow, but. Im ok

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Quote Originally Posted by xLILxEVILx View Post
    Haven't been on here for awhile...just wanted to confirm that I have been running negalite blue...its real smooth and hell of a Rom in my eyes its the perfect sense Rom out there...got everything working on it mms web talk etc. EPST and apns involved of course...I really do hope that negamann and u bunvilla can make things better so we cricket users can enjoy this Rom even more this is bad ass news

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

So just to make this clear for me this temp cricket zip is so we don't have to worry about having to mess with the apns and epst right? Basically flashing this zip after flashing the Rom will give us a fully working cricket negalite blue Rom???...

thats correct, when i learned that htc1v came with a branded cricket rom (branded means that cricket paid for a ICS version to run on their HTC1v phone) I knew that the carrier info and provisioning data for cricket is in there and that means no more having to edit other carriers roms to make our cricket work right/ dont know why someone else hasnt done it but im not waiting/ hopefully that makes sense to you, so a found someone with the phone from cricket and had them dump the rom for me and now im gonna use a great custom rom as a base and port over all the cricket stuff and take away the other carriers info that was cooked into it/ never b4 had cricket had a android rom built from HTC/ but now they do and now we can enjoy the benefits of it. Im on my own as far as making it, i only have permission to use Negalites rom as my base, i plan on calling it "NegaCricKet" so ive been reading on making custom rom so its gonna be a few days until i get it where i want it, so i will keep u guys posted k

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

hello all , i have a beta build of the custom rom with cricket carrier as an option. I say beta because eventually i would like to make it exclusive with only cricket as carrier. Plus some minor customization made to the rom to make it more of a cricket look. things you will notice which im aware of is that you will see VM or sprint where the carrier name pops up on certain screens, its just cosmetic and not related to settings.(can be edited with leedriod tweeks ) and possible youtube issue for some, (it might not occur if u are using wifi but will if u r using cricket data) and what happens is you will be able to search Youtubes but when you go t play them, it will hang and give some message. FIX: go to phone and dial ##3282# and then click advance tab then find RTSP/http i believe and then replace the 4 fields with this; 1st line; 0.0.0.0. - 2nd line; 0 - 3rd line; 0.0.0.0. - 4th line; 0 then just back out and u should be good to go.
    @@**Also i remembered that the cricket $45 plan uses a proxy which i would guess that the settings might not work as I configured the settings with my plan which is the $50 1gig android plan. So at the moment I dont have the correct settings which would make the plan with the proxy for data to work.**@@
    thats y i said this is a beta release to give u guys a early look at the project, I will be working on an option when installing the rom to pick which plan u have so as to install the right cricket settings, but right now i have only the one settings cooked in. Plus i will be working on making it so u dont have to go into ur phone and change the RTSP setting, It took alot for me to learn this much and I will be addressing those issues as soon as i can get some more time. REMEMBER; IM NOT A DEV!!!!!!!!!!! just a average joe blow so dont expect me know everything. I recommend registering (its free) at "Negalite Forum" to get some help with issues and any donation would be greatly appreciated but not at all required.
    **@@ THANKS and CREDIT go 100% to Negamann303@@** He is the one who is making this all possible for us, where no other DEV would take the time to add the cricket settings to thier custom rom.
    so heres a link to the rom : i hope dropbox works for everyone as this is the first time i used it and will be uploading a copy of the rom to Negalites website soon. Thanks for your guys patients and enjoy **( i forgot to include rom specs ** its a ICS 4.3 with sense 3.6 and also the are alot of other options with the Aroma installer available and everything works for the evo 3d**

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f22eqgrn64...lurom_r110.zip

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

I just posted link to the custom rom that i was talking about in earlier posts and recieved a message that a ADMIN was to review it b4 it would be viewable, i dont see it anywhere now and was wondering what happened? It was a long intensive post and i dont have the time to repost incase it was somehow deleted, so if admin might let me know they have it or do i have to repost?

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Hello this is my 2nd attempt to post a link to the beta custom NegaCricket rom.
    This is a beta release of the NegaCricket rom. (Its a CDMA ICS 4.3 w/sense 3.6 and installs with Aroma installer which lets you customize and choose your options. There are things that need to be done and Im aware of them, a couple cosmetic things example;

1)you still will see either VM or Sprint on things like lock screen and some other places, they do not affect the settings and I use "Leedroid tweeks" to change most of them.
    2)Issue with youtube might occur where u can search youtube but when u go to play video it will hang and give error message.( might not happen if ur on wifi but could if u r on cricket data.

**Temp fix; go to phone dial ##3282# enter edit mode and then click "Advance" tab and scroll down to RTSP/HTTP setting then click it and ur gonna edit the 4 lines with
    1st line: 0.0.0.0. - 2nd line; 0 - 3rd line; 0.0.0.0. - 4th line; 0 and then back out of the EPST settings and u should b good to go. **

Also it occured to me that some cricket user will be on the $45 plan which uses a proxy, I have the settings for the Android Plan which doesnt use proxy. I will be working on making an option that gives u the choice to choose which settings to install according to ur plan, but right now i dont have the settings and they would need to be added to the installer at which i will be working on trying to get that done.

So there are the few things that will be addressed in the future release of the rom.
    ** REMINDER ** Im NOT a DEV so dont expect me to have all the answers, im just an average Joe!
    You can follow up on the progress and possibly get help with some issues at Negalites Forum which is where the project is being developed. ( im not trying to plug his website on purpose, just listing the place where this custom rom has originated.)

**@@ THANKS and all CREDIT go to Negamann303 for without him none of this would be happening. Its his custom rom called Negalite in which we are using as the base of the NegaCricket rom./ to be clear - as of now we only added cricket carrier as an option to be installed when using this rom , but i hope to make it where ONLY cricket carrier is an option later on in future release.
    So again all credit goes to Negamann303.
    **WARNING** i am NOT responsible nor is Negamann303 for any damage, loss of data, or anything that goes wrong from flashing this rom. Install at your own risk! Now thats out of the way: ( thanks parkerj7uc for reminding me)
    Heres the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f22eqgrn64...lurom_r110.zip

I used dropbox and hope people will have no problems down loading it from there. * im gonna get permission to add it to the Negalite website, but i have to get with Nega on a few things first.
    ** the rom is called "Negalite-blurom" release ver.109 but i called the 1 with the cricket carrier option NegaCricket so just to b clear.
    Ok ive said enough and if i done something wrong or left something out just let me know, and I hope cricket users will enjoy this and future releases to come.
    ** And thanks goes to "www.cricketusers.com" for providing a place where we can improve our cricket expierence.**

Last edited by bunvilla; 05-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-31-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. 08-30-2011, 09:41 PM

Thread Information