Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Droid X2

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Houston, TX PRL's

Starting this thread to see which PRL's people are using in the Houston area and what kind of success if any they are having with them.

My specs:
    Phone
    : Moto Droid X2
    ROM: Stock 2.3.4
    PRL: 45713
    Plan: $55

So far(for me) not very stable so if you have any suggestions let me know.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cmgaray View Post
    Starting this thread to see which PRL's people are using in the Houston area and what kind of success if any they are having with them.

My specs:
    Phone
    : Moto Droid X2
    ROM: Stock 2.3.4
    PRL: 45713
    Plan: $55

So far(for me) not very stable so if you have any suggestions let me know.
    So i Tested this PRL and got the following:

Ping: 109ms
    Download: 192kbps
    Upload: 54kbps

Not too sure which PRL to try next
    Last edited by cmgaray; 03-21-2012 at 10:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

35568 and 60680 hybrid

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%

I recently moved to Cricket. I tried a couple of PRL's(35568 and 60680 hybrid and others) and get only 100-125kbps over 3G. Please suggest what other PRLs work good in Houston.
    Last edited by sud123; 03-30-2012 at 07:28 PM.

My Cricket phone uses PRL 45465, but it's NOT Android. It's an older Samsung flip. Does that matter? I'm trying to flash a Nexus S 4G.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mapii0914 View Post
    My Cricket phone uses PRL 45465, but it's NOT Android. It's an older Samsung flip. Does that matter? I'm trying to flash a Nexus S 4G.
    I would like that 45465 prl please. Can you get it for me. Thankz

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

avillal87 :How do I get it out of the phone. Email me directly to mapii0914@yahoo.com

Overall activity: 2.0%

i'm starting the flashing process right now and am not sure which prl to try first, i think i'm going to start with Cricket 49016 and Sprint 60683 - wiseoldman hybrid. any thoughts? i'll let you know how it works when i'm done

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead3 View Post
    i'm starting the flashing process right now and am not sure which prl to try first, i think i'm going to start with Cricket 49016 and Sprint 60683 - wiseoldman hybrid. any thoughts? i'll let you know how it works when i'm done
    Try them all like i did in one of my posts in the PRL thread. A PRL with a bigger number doesnt mean it works better than a PRL with a lower number. I'm running 45768 hybrid now on my Dinc in Houston but some other PRL's seem to work as good too.

after testing almost every PRL in the sticky here, live in northwest houston, and am finding most success with Attachment 2151 - Cricket 42900 and Sprint 60683 - armendariz4prez

Getting a ping of about 110-150ms/download of 1500-2100+kbps/upload of 300-740+ (these are highest and lowest numbers of first 6 speed tests using the speedtest.net app)
    not sure if these speeds are accurate/normal as they are the highest of any PRL i've tried which usually i am lucky to get 500kbps download, the uploads around 50 or 100, horrible speeds and this one seems to be the diamond in the rough. this was actually one of the first i tried, sometimes the signal doesnt seem as good as some of the other PRLs but i dont think i've ever seen it drop below 2 bars, usually i have 3 or 4, when i'm lucky 5 & 6

Gold Member

Nice work gearhead3. Testing them all is the only way to really know "whats best in my city". You and i live in the same city and drive in the same areas around town but we have different phones, roms, radios, etc,.. and we use different PRLS.

BTW, if you test your PRL speed several times a day and over the next week you may find its true connection ability because the speed can vary. Another PRL may give better overall speed over a week of testing.

i have come to the conclusion that the PRL i had ended up with poor reception and horrible speeds. i just dialed *22804 (because *228 didnt work) and the phone just rebooted so we'll see what happens. if it doesnt change anything i'll be switching to another PRL i had similar results to the hybrid i thought had good speeds

*update* this only made my reception WORSE not that i thought it could get worse than one or two bars all the time however, it did seem to make my speed tests run MUCH smoother, not sure why but the speeds also dropped but the ping did too. so switching PRLs and just by process of elimination finding the best one.
    Last edited by GearHead3; 05-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.

after testing at least 10 PRLs i found NONE got signal over 2 bars. a couple would get 3 bars but only for a second and those were the worst on speed. right now i'm running MyCricketForumTest2Hybrid.prl and the speed is pretty decent. last test 114ms 536 down and 410 up, i dont know what a good 3g speed is or if the first PRL i tried yielding almost 2mbps down was even actual speeds.

i'm on an ICS ROM with an evo 3d

Gold Member

I cant see bars on my current rom but on my old rom, ...i mostly got 2 bars. My signal runs from about -75 to -100 depending on where i am in town. I just did 3 speed tests this morning ($45 plan) and the signal is -80 & averaging 275ms, 500d, 210u. Will you post that new PRL for the forum?

btw, I'm not worried about bars or signal strength as long as the phone works well enough for my purposes.

Overall activity: 0%

Well this is the first time I've had someone else flash my phone due to the bs CU has been dealt. I got PRL 45565 on my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch and I got three bars. No web but I'm going to look into what it is.

Thread Information