Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

how to go about unlocking sprint iphone 5c for cricket

I recently got the email from cricket that i have to switch over to the new network so i managed to get a sprint iphone 5c from a friend of mine for free. the problem is that sprint wont give me the unlock code because my friend is still under contract with sprint and he's using a different phone on his service. is there any other way to get the phone unlocked outside of the sprint? im using a verizon iphone 4 on the CDMA cricket and have been for years with no problems and the phone works 100% perfect. i know i cant trade in my verizon iphone 4 to cricket for another iphone either. can someone shed some light on this before my time is up?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

despite the "original cricket iphone" statement below, perhaps your verizon iphone 4 can be changed to gsm.

Why do I need a new phone?
    The new Cricket's nationwide 4G network uses GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) technology that is the global standard for mobile service while the original Cricket uses CDMA network technology. That means that with the exception of original Cricket iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, your current CDMA phone will not work on the new Cricket network.
    Eligible customers can take advantage of the following GSM handset offers:

• iPhone SIM Swap: We will activate your Cricket CDMA iPhone model 4s, 5, 5c, or 5s on our new 4G and 4G LTE nationwide GSM network with a FREE GSM SIM card.

....and i doubt you can unlock the i5 under contract.
    Last edited by wiseoldman; 07-15-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

i understand the cell carrier difference and the reason to switch phones, the verizon iphone 4 is not equipped with a sim slot unfortunately. i have an AT&T iphone 4 as well but i wasnt sure if cricket would accept it so thats why i opted for this sprint iphone 5c.

i cut down old AT&T and T-mobile sims to fit the nano sim card slot and installed them to see how the phone would react. to my surprise the phone recognized the sims in the general-about menu's. in the carrier part in the about menu it says AT&T 19.1 with the AT&T sim in but no service and with the T-mobile sim it says T-mobile 19.1. this leads me to believe that the the phone is already unlocked so my next option is to go to the cricket store and get a sim to see if it's going to work or not.

Overall activity: 14.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2014

Hello I'm new to all of this and I was hoping someone could help me. I recently bought an HTC one max for sprint and I was told by cricket that I would be able to use. So far I haven't had any luck and I didn't wanna change phones because I'm in love with it. Sprint had given me the unlock code for the phone to give to cricket, but they seemed pretty clueless. Please someone help ! Thank you ��

Thread Information