Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

I need help flashing a Verizon Motorola W755 to Cricket!

Any help in flashing a Motorola W755 would be appreciated. I've looked around, but can't find a solid answer on how to flash it. I've read somewhere about a monster zip file? Idk what that means. lol I know this phone is prehistoric but a friend asked me to flash it for him. Here's a pic in case nobody knows what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails moto-w755.jpg  

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4g

You can use a monster file but I could never find one for that phone what you could do is check under settings if you can the phone as a modem when you connect it to the computer via usb

Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by silent13clk View Post
    You can use a monster file but I could never find one for that phone what you could do is check under settings if you can the phone as a modem when you connect it to the computer via usb
    I think I found a monser file, but how do I use it? I know you have to flash it to the phone... but do I use RSD? QPST?

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    LG Optimus S

Hello there,
    If your still looking for some tips I may be able to help some. I have done a few of these and you can get full service on them....
    MMS is the trickiest part, so will be doing some seem editing with p2kseems program. I used information in regards to a cricket razr and found out the addressing for the seem edits. As far as the data is concerned you can get all of your setting done within RSD CDMA General and using a zip file for the w755 and of course editing the fields for proper information of phone number. With in the zip file you will notice a .vms and a .mms file the .vms is for verizon's picture messages and the .mms is for cricket. There really isn't a monster file out for this model phone, at least as far as I am aware of, You can use goole and do a search for w755.zip and it should show up pretty quickly...Good luck....I will see about uploading the files to the site here for quick download

Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by angelwireless View Post
    Hello there,
    If your still looking for some tips I may be able to help some. I have done a few of these and you can get full service on them....
    MMS is the trickiest part, so will be doing some seem editing with p2kseems program. I used information in regards to a cricket razr and found out the addressing for the seem edits. As far as the data is concerned you can get all of your setting done within RSD CDMA General and using a zip file for the w755 and of course editing the fields for proper information of phone number. With in the zip file you will notice a .vms and a .mms file the .vms is for verizon's picture messages and the .mms is for cricket. There really isn't a monster file out for this model phone, at least as far as I am aware of, You can use goole and do a search for w755.zip and it should show up pretty quickly...Good luck....I will see about uploading the files to the site here for quick download
    Thanks for all the usefull information! I was able to find a w755.zip that gave me these files:
    Brew.brw
    Browser.rtb
    Mmssettings.vms
    MobileIP.mip
    RTTDdata.rtd

and copied those to the phone changing all the phone numbers... Now the only thing left to do would be to switch my ESN to the cricket account? and after that do I just *228? The person I am flashing this for doesn't really care about MMS or Data, but it would be nice to at least give them the option for one or the other or both. what exactly do i have to edit on the p2kseem?

Thread Information