Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Las Vegas, NV and Flashed Phones (Observation)

We had a user today that decided to flash an EVO to Cricket in Nevada. Previously we had received a lot of users telling us that they had problems in getting it to work. It seems that he does have it working at the moment with the 45713 hybrid PRL.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

Thank you so much chris for your help.. Yes finally got my htc evo flashed and 3g, talk, & text are working fine. If your in nevada and having problem with prl's use the 45713 hybrid prl its working fne.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I don't think it's a good idea to flash phones with these PRLs if you have permanent residence in a triband area. Reason being you risk being penalized by being put on an unchangeable rate plan, and possibly even disconnection after this.

If you live in a triband area, I highly recommend purchasing an authentic cricket phone.

Good news is for those who want to use a flashed phone while traveling, in that case Chris' PRLs will be great.

I have a customer heading to Chicago tomorrow, I flashed one of these PRLs (the newest one)..

Will let y'all know how it goes.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to flash phones with these PRLs if you have permanent residence in a triband area. Reason being you risk being penalized by being put on an unchangeable rate plan, and possibly even disconnection after this.

If you live in a triband area, I highly recommend purchasing an authentic cricket phone.

Good news is for those who want to use a flashed phone while traveling, in that case Chris' PRLs will be great.

I have a customer heading to Chicago tomorrow, I flashed one of these PRLs (the newest one)..

Will let y'all know how it goes.
    I completely agree ^^ Cricket will terminate your service if you go 60 days using over 50% of your minutes in a roaming area.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I completely agree ^^ Cricket will terminate your service if you go 60 days using over 50% of your minutes in a roaming area.
    I think that will change with the nationwide agreement.

Even though it will only be available with a limited number of phones, how will Cricket know?

Do you know of anyone that has been terminated by using a flashed phone in an AWS market?

Personally, I'm not going to try it. The $45 plan is tempting though. I wish Cricket had more options..

i live in las vegas and have a htc evo flashed but only get talk and text i cannot get internet or mms to work im on the 45 dollar plan i was told i had to upgrade to the 55 dollar plan but i read somewhere on here that if i got the greenk45 it would work of maybe i misunderstood could someone please help me? thank you

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by tania View Post
    i live in las vegas and have a htc evo flashed but only get talk and text i cannot get internet or mms to work im on the 45 dollar plan i was told i had to upgrade to the 55 dollar plan but i read somewhere on here that if i got the greenk45 it would work of maybe i misunderstood could someone please help me? thank you
    For a novice user it is much easier to use the 55 dollar Android plan. However if you want to try GreenK45, you must be rooted. Who flashed the phone also?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Colione

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I think that will change with the nationwide agreement.

Even though it will only be available with a limited number of phones, how will Cricket know?

Do you know of anyone that has been terminated by using a flashed phone in an AWS market?

Personally, I'm not going to try it. The $45 plan is tempting though. I wish Cricket had more options..
    I have seen customers that have had their plans changed to a non changeable plan, and also seen the disconnected completely. As everything else in Cricket, the decision on how and when to cancel service due to off network usage is based at the market level to some degree, so there may be some flexibility on how much people can get away with. In my store, we don't even bother activating a non cricket device because of the ramifications it will have for that customer down the road.

However, with the new prepaid rate plans, the usage issue is now a moot point because you get a limited amount of minutes to begin with and the plans are designed to be used on other companies networks.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've seen those plan changes from people in Chicago. I guess if you decide to go down this path, don't push your usage. Be thankful for what you have.

I just saw a PayGo account where they couldn't put a flashed phone on it. That was not in a tri band area either.

Supporting Member

I live 90 miles from Las Vegas,Nv. I have been using 45713 hybrid on my EVO with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I've seen those plan changes from people in Chicago. I guess if you decide to go down this path, don't push your usage. Be thankful for what you have.

I just saw a PayGo account where they couldn't put a flashed phone on it. That was not in a tri band area either.
    Cricket has said on their Facebook that you can use any phone on PAYGo. I'm wondering if I can switch to one of their cheaper Android plans with my Huawei Ascend. I don't know how it would work because I'd be on Sprint's network and not Cricket anymore. It is confusing.. I don't think Cricket should say you can use any phone if it's not that simple. There is the nationwide PAYGo, and then the local Cricket PAYGo, and I don't see them allowing you to use any phone on both of them. I'm sure we will learn the specifics in time.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by SICKLIFE View Post
    I live 90 miles from Las Vegas,Nv. I have been using 45713 hybrid on my EVO with no problems at all.
    For now. It's only a matter of time.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I live in Boulder City, NV, and have a Cricket account. Can I flash a phone for use in this market? I will be using it in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Boulder City NV.

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by cc702 View Post
    I live in Boulder City, NV, and have a Cricket account. Can I flash a phone for use in this market? I will be using it in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Boulder City NV.

yes you can .. you may want to use 45713Hybrid or 35568 ive been using the hybrid but been having alot of network issues so i switched to 35568 and now its working better.

Yes my phone is rooted,it was done by a well known place here in vegas known for rooting but i just do not understand why i would not have any mms i was told by the tech that did my phone that i had to change to the 55 dollar plan in order to get internet and mms working im not a tech person so i would like your opinions thanx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information