Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

what phone do you have?

2. Remove this advertisement.

i have an htc evo

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Yes my phone is rooted and my phone was rooted/flashed by a well known store for that,i was told i would have internet and mms if i were to upgrade to the 55 plan when i tried to recieve a mms yesterday it said generic network failure what can i do to be able to get internet and mms thank you

Colione

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Cricket has said on their Facebook that you can use any phone on PAYGo. I'm wondering if I can switch to one of their cheaper Android plans with my Huawei Ascend. I don't know how it would work because I'd be on Sprint's network and not Cricket anymore. It is confusing.. I don't think Cricket should say you can use any phone if it's not that simple. There is the nationwide PAYGo, and then the local Cricket PAYGo, and I don't see them allowing you to use any phone on both of them. I'm sure we will learn the specifics in time.
    You can use any phone on the PayGo plans. The 2 main differences: you get a limited amount of minutes (and slower data), and your coverage area is severely restricted compared to being a full monthly service customer.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Colione View Post
    You can use any phone on the PayGo plans. The 2 main differences: you get a limited amount of minutes (and slower data), and your coverage area is severely restricted compared to being a full monthly service customer.
    Actually found that to be false. Tried to put a HTC Hero on a paygo plan for a guy and it gave me a message about the phone not being compatible.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Actually found that to be false. Tried to put a HTC Hero on a paygo plan for a guy and it gave me a message about the phone not being compatible.
    It must depend on the market, because we have done it here, maybe they've made changes, or it could depend on whether or not their original paygo phone came from a dealer or a big box.

So, you're saying I can use the Huwaei Ascend on both the daily plans (on Cricket's network) and the minute PAYGo plans on Sprint's network? Or can I only use the Huawei Ascend on the Cricket side of PAYGo (not Sprint's)?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    So, you're saying I can use the Huwaei Ascend on both the daily plans (on Cricket's network) and the minute PAYGo plans on Sprint's network? Or can I only use the Huawei Ascend on the Cricket side of PAYGo (not Sprint's)?
    Who knows? I had a customer yesterday that call Care and tried to put their A1 on paygo and were told not possible. I am not sure there is a definite answer yet.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Colione

Who knows? I had a customer yesterday that call Care and tried to put their A1 on paygo and were told not possible. I am not sure there is a definite answer yet.
    It was explained in the training material we went over that any device that is flashed to Cricket can be used (dependent on plan). We're told not to activate an android on anything other than an android plan (monthly or new prepaid). I'm not sure if the system is smart enough to know if a flashed device is an android or not though...

Granted, we probably won't be doing many of these in my market because we're an AWS market, but if I get the opportunity, I'll try it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It was explained in the training material we went over that any device that is flashed to Cricket can be used (dependent on plan). We're told not to activate an android on anything other than an android plan (monthly or new prepaid). I'm not sure if the system is smart enough to know if a flashed device is an android or not though...

Granted, we probably won't be doing many of these in my market because we're an AWS market, but if I get the opportunity, I'll try it.
    See I dont get this. What if the customer wants to use it as a phone and just use wifi for web and apps. In the case of flashed phones Cricket doesnt guarantee anything past talk and text anyway so whats the big deal?

Colione

See I dont get this. What if the customer wants to use it as a phone and just use wifi for web and apps. In the case of flashed phones Cricket doesnt guarantee anything past talk and text anyway so whats the big deal?
    I agree. The only thing I can think of is Cricket wanting the customer to have the access. The system won't let us put a Cricket Android on anything other than an Android plan. If it's flashed however, the system can't differentiate. We don't use flashed phones at all in my market so I've never run into anyone wanting to do anything like what you described.

I Have a iPhone 4 and it has BAD ESN, i would like to flash it to any CDMA carriers Like : Metro PCS And Cricket Wireless. im really not sure how to flash it i was wondering if anybody knows a person to flash it for me In The "Las Vegas Nevada Area" Please Reply Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Miguel View Post
    I Have a iPhone 4 and it has BAD ESN, i would like to flash it to any CDMA carriers Like : Metro PCS And Cricket Wireless. im really not sure how to flash it i was wondering if anybody knows a person to flash it for me In The "Las Vegas Nevada Area" Please Reply Thanks
    I would try desert wireless they flash phones just make sure you get a recipet and check everything before you leave the store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information