Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

MMS on Gingerbread 2.3.3 & 2.3.4

I was messing around with the MMS today on my phone and guess what I got it going! So I tried the same thing on my wife's phone and guess what, it worked too! Hope this helps out all of you stuck on Gingerbread and not having MMS.

OK first of all this your going to need (Many ways of doing this but this is the way I did it):

Root of course
    APN Backup & Restore
    Anycut
    Root Explorer

* Telephony is zipped

Before you start change the XML to you phone number where the XXXXX are or you can change it in step #10 just highlight it and change user name to youphonenumber@mycricket.com

1. Using Root Explorer backup your MMS.apk app located in /system/app
    2. Once backed up, delete it (back it up just incase it doesnt work)
    3. Next copy and paste the MMS.apk file to the same location /system/app
    4. Now backup your telephony.db located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
    5. Once again delete it and replace with the one provided in this thread
    6. Copy the APN's XML files to /sdcard/ApnBackupRestore (copy the one that is for your Phones Provider)
    7. Exit Root Explorer
    7. Open Anycut
    8. Go to new shortcut and activity, then scroll down to APNs and press ok
    9. Open APN Backup & Restore and press Delete APN's and restore with the ones provided depending on Sprint or Verizon.
    10. Go to the shorcut called APN's and make sure it is highlighted with a green radio button on the right hand side (to edit the apn just touch the left side)

That's it reboot the phone and you should be golden!

Sorry for all the steps but its worth it and I know some of you already know the steps but I am just assuming that not all the users know the steps. Feel free to edit as you will and I take no credit for this. Sorry I don't know where i got the MMS.apk so that I can give credit but i have like six of them and can't figure out where i got it from.

Tested on Sprint LG Marquee 2.3.4 stock rom and Samsung Transform Ultra 2.3.3 stock rom both on the $45 plan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ogad80; 05-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Wrecked Johnson

In regards to the MMS.apk you can just decompile and recompile and slap your name on it like some people have done on here and plus you can charge $5 per install for it

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

I wasn't aware that I just hacked apk's and recompiled them, thanks for the clarification...

hxdka.png

Wrecked Johnson

Whoa dude, feel guilty or something?

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

You accuse me of hacking apks > I provide screencap showing proof I compile from source > You accuse me of being *guilty* of something. LOL, thanks for the morning pick-me-up.

Wrecked Johnson

I did not accuse you of anything, but since you want to persist, your MMS.apk matches magical phones apk to the T with one modification a name change.

Overall activity: 2.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Trust me this is not a copy, I even sent it to Magical, Andrew is full aware of this app. I have provide him with phones to test it. I am a reseller of magical phones and know both apps very well. I am referring to mraabhimself app.
    Last edited by captainkirks; 05-11-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Wrecked Johnson

Well I stand corrected Kirk you have been around so I trust your word, just a side by side comparison they looked extremely close. I mean its android and open source sounds like they do the same thing perhaps thats the reason they look the same.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Johnson View Post
    Well I stand corrected Kirk you have been around so I trust your word, just a side by side comparison they looked extremely close. I mean its android and open source sounds like they do the same thing perhaps thats the reason they look the same.
    lol, cool its does look close. I had my doubt also in the beginning.
    Last edited by captainkirks; 05-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

MY TWO CENTS:

Imagine this there are two types of guys, those who bust there butts and do there own oil change and those who take it to a shop to get it done and have to pay for it! (Let that concept simmer for a bit)

BTW my hats off to mraabhimself I have GreenK45 Pro on my phone and the wife's, great hassle free app! Keep up the good work!

Wrecked Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ogad80 View Post
    MY TWO CENTS:

Imagine this there are two types of guys, those who bust there butts and do there own oil change and those who take it to a shop to get it done and have to pay for it! (Let that concept simmer for a bit)

BTW my hats off to mraabhimself I have GreenK45 Pro on my phone and the wife's, great hassle free app! Keep up the good work!
    More than one way to skin a cat u2nl and autostart vs. GreenK45 (no experience with this, im not dirt cheap about my phone bill ill pay the extra $10) only reason I used to0 and cains solution was because at the time there was no Android Smartphone rate plan so everything had a proxy. So imagine this you pay for something then tell the guy to "Keep the change" dont need the pennies! (Let that concept simmer)

Thread Information