Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

mms not working despite trying several fixes

im on android 4.0.4, stock rom thats rooted.

phone is a boost galaxy s2 flashed to cricket. everything works but mms. youtube, the internet, my gaming streams, everything but mms.

ive tried the mmszip fix, apn shortcuts app, gopro app, nothing works.

ive tried sending mms to this phone from an ascend II and from google voice, neither gets through. i set up gopro sms per the link i found on this forum, but no go.

let me know what information you need me to post and i will.

network - sprint (should be cricket, but informed that wrong info will appear here but if web surfing, flash done right and not to worry about this)
    prl version - 35768
    kernel version - 3.0.42+ AGAT_fl27_kernel #v0.6.8
    build - IMM76I.FL24
    hardware version - d710.10

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Have you tried the "Cricket Jig Fix"? It worked for me on CM10.1 when i couldn't manually change APN's. After modifying the "Cricket jig fix" with my number and installing it, I did change the APN on CM10.1 by opening "voice dialer" saying "open APN". That let me delete the default APN and add the correct APN settings that the "cricket jig fix" showed inside one of its files(cant remember which one"). FYI, installing the Jig Fix might automatically change the APN for you, it didnt for me.

Worked on my HTC DINC CM10.1 but have no idea if or how it works on stock or other ROM's. Editing the APN may be totally different.

P.S. I deleted the $45 plan info in the "Jig Fix" files since i dont use the $45 plan. But doesn't matter if you leave it in.

Cricket GB, ICS, and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

Last edited by wiseoldman; 07-07-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

well, im on the stock rom (as far as i know) and only rooted. i havent installed any custom rom, but i probably should since they are usually way more configurable.

im still new to flashing with ODIN. any chance you can point me through a walk-through/guide on how to flash a custom ROM with the tools i have? i rooted the phone using the 'root boost mobile gs2' guide on androidforms to root, have SU installed with no issues.

as stated, everything but mms works.

im also on the 50/month smartphone plan.

- Your phone must be rooted and have a GB, ICS, or JB ROM (ie CM7, CM9, CM10, MIUIv4, AOKP, PA1.5/1.99, etc) released on the Epic.

this is the one part im not sure of. since my phone is flashed on the stock rom, would i need to install one of these first and if so, how would i go about doing that?

seems like the newer the phone, the more involved it is to install custom roms. i had zero issues on my samsung vitality flashing rom manager and then open android.

thanks!

willing to donate if i get this working. love supporting websites that actually help!

ps - when i tried apn shortcuts, after i had deleted the boost apn, i tried creating a cricket apn but everytime i hit save, it took me back to the 'add apn' screen and nothing was there. when i tried to edit the boost apn, i got as far as putting in 310 and 016. right after i saved on that, the apn disappeared (i saved after each setting because it was frustrating me).
    Last edited by peakofdominance; 07-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Thread Information