Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Needing Help

Phone
    Curve 8330

Needing Help

Forum........i need help....I was getting my phone(Evo 4G) flashed yesterday by someone through team viewer 6.....I told her before hand that when i bought the phone on Ebay it already had Cyn mod 7, Android Gingerbread and it was rooted. so the problem is she said that the Cyn 7 was some how blocking the flash from going through...because when we did the ##3424# it said something like the check the account or something.........I need help so i can help her........LOL because i dont want to have to send her my phone to finish the process....Can someone offer help

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Curve 8330

Oh i forgot to include ...this is a service that i payed for on Ebay.................wow

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bears Fan View Post
    Forum........i need help....I was getting my phone(Evo 4G) flashed yesterday by someone through team viewer 6.....I told her before hand that when i bought the phone on Ebay it already had Cyn mod 7, Android Gingerbread and it was rooted. so the problem is she said that the Cyn 7 was some how blocking the flash from going through...because when we did the ##3424# it said something like the check the account or something.........I need help so i can help her........LOL because i dont want to have to send her my phone to finish the process....Can someone offer help
    honestly, i dont see the rom blocking the flash..the sole purpose in recovering different roms is to give the users more control and customization over the device from what my understanding is..although..if this is so id say just use a different rom....

Phone
    Curve 8330

Thanks for the reply.i was thinking the same thing.....i thought she did try another rom but i just really dont feel good about sending my phone off...I thought have the Cyn 7 on there would help make the flashing easier...she had great feed back on EBay i just dont understand

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Thanks for the reply.i was thinking the same thing.....i thought she did try another rom but i just really dont feel good about sending my phone off...I thought have the Cyn 7 on there would help make the flashing easier...she had great feed back on EBay i just dont understand
    i think id pay the 35 buxs and send it to chris before id send it to anyone else....did you show her the tutorial on here for flashing the Evo 4G and see if she could follow it step by step to see if that works..maybe there was a step she forgot... have her retrace her steps ( i had to do this when i was figuring out my web) did you try emailing the developer of the rom and see if he/she knew what the problem is? it could be something simple...

Phone
    Curve 8330

If i knew that Chris did the flashing i would have done it.......i told her that i was a member of the forum and she said she didnt need help and she needs to take the Cyn 7 off my phone and she has all the tools to do it and it would take days for me to down load all the files to my pc(cricket internet)...i think i pissed her off by asking her to look at the tutorial on here.......if she cant do it the way i payed for it to be done over the pc...im gonna get my money back....it cost 30 bucks for the mail in service with here and 45 over the pc.....im getting pissed

Phone
    Curve 8330

She just told me that the tutorial is for 2.2 not 2.3.3 with cyanogen...

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

If i knew that Chris did the flashing i would have done it.......i told her that i was a member of the forum and she said she didnt need help and she needs to take the Cyn 7 off my phone and she has all the tools to do it and it would take days for me to down load all the files to my pc(cricket internet)...i think i pissed her off by asking her to look at the tutorial on here.......if she cant do it the way i payed for it to be done over the pc...im gonna get my money back....it cost 30 bucks for the mail in service with here and 45 over the pc.....im getting pissed
    lol... and the plot thickens..... at this point ( not that i mean to offend anyone) i honestly do not think she knows what shes doing..she sounds like one of those Craigslist dudes that make claims they can flash your phone for your for xx amount of money and then when you get it back you've got a nice shiny paper weight lol.... so id say your plan of action should be, get your money back step 2 either flash it yourself using the tutorial, or send it to Android2Cricket (Chris) and let it be handled that away..whats another 5 dollars plus shipping ya know? mines will become a supporting member, it pays off in the long run.... but before all that takes place i would email the developer of Cyn7 and ask them if they have any possible answers but i doubt its the rom itself..i think its a ID-10T error myself...

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Sounds like your flasher is challenged. Even doing it the long way, the evo is a pretty easy flash, regardless of the rom. C7 isn't your problem.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

She just told me that the tutorial is for 2.2 not 2.3.3 with cyanogen...
    the level of idioticy here is unbelievable.... if this was the case, the guys/gals with the evo 4g running stock 2.3.3 wouldn't be able to flash to cricket either..now being that there is people on cricket with the stock 2.3.3 rom from sprint, and the only known issues with 2.3.3 is not being able to root it unless you rollback to 2.2 ...i really doubt that she knows what shes doing..

Phone
    Curve 8330

Thanks so what the short way.......if i knew enough about it i would do it myself.....

Phone
    Curve 8330

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....its looking that way....but she has done this many times over on her feed back...she said that he didnt have a tutorial for the 2.3.3 so she could follow it

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Thanks so what the short way.......if i knew enough about it i would do it myself.....
    Its not as hard as it looks, i never done it before this either but it was pretty simple..just watch the videos first....

Evo 4g Flashing: [Tutorial] Full Flash HTC Evo to Cricket: 2.2 Froyo Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

QPST Tutorial: [Tutorial] QPST Tutorial with Pictures (Cricket)

PRL's: *STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread

Greenk45 (for internet & 3G if your on the $45 plan): [APP] GreenK45 - No hassle 3g internet & Market for the $45 plan

to enable mms that can be found on the original evo 4g tutorial..i'm still working with mine but i think i'm almost there!

If ya need any help just post or become a supporting member....
    Last edited by FF2CO4; 07-23-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Phone
    Curve 8330

Ok what does this sound like to you......we did the ##3423# and ##33224# and they failed....she said she needs to know how to connect to the Diag mode

Customer Since
    Jun 2011
    Phone
    Motorola Razr 16GB

Ok what does this sound like to you......we did the ##3423# and ##33224# and they failed....she said she needs to know how to connect to the Diag mode
    honestly i dont have the experience to answer that, but i will say that ##33224# nor ##3423# will not work regardless of the situation.. maybe that was a typo but it should be ##3424# ... i would think it would be the same for all phones but i think the method should be followed as laid out by chris...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Go into the phone dialer and hit ##3424#. You might have to hit talk after this. It'll cause the phone to go into DIAG mode. You'll see the device on your computer. Use the diagnostic drivers (specify their specific location) to complete the install.

Now you can find your MSL using CDMA Workshop OR MSL Reader which I've attached below. Install MSL reader, give it Superuser Permissions, and it'll kickback your MSL.

For CDMA Workshop, the port number has to be fairly low. I think we're talking about under 30. You'll see when you start it though. Look at your device manager to figure out the port that it's on. Select that port and then hit connect. Go over to the security tab and for SPC hit read. It'll give you your MSL/SPC. The best thing to do here is to use the SPC button then SEND command to send this number back to the phone and unlock it. Then type in 000000 or some number that's easy to remember. Hit the SPC button and WRITE. Now the MSL/SPC is 000000 or whatever you typed. This is all you need to do with CDMA Workshop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information