Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

No more $55 plan? Which plan?

Hi all. I'm new to flashing and to the Cricket forums. I have flashed ROMs on various different Android devices but I know this is not the same.

I've been reading the forums and most threads are saying that the end user has to be using the $55 Android plan for the full flash to work. (mostly). I went to the Cricket website to see which plans were available and right now I'm only seeing the $50 plan and $60 plan. Will either of these work with a full flash or does it have to be a certain one?

My first flash will probably be an EVO 4G. I have read the guides and tutorials on this but I just want to have all my bases covered before I start. I'm assuming if I want to be able to test this, I should have an active Cricket account as well? I will be investing in a plan but as stated earlier, I would like to get the correct one.

Once I (hopefully) perfect this, I can offer flashing at my shop. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Ben
    Quick iFix
    Nashville, TN

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

any plan that says Android will work. $50-$70, all.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    any plan that says Android will work. $50-$70, all.
    Ok, and just to clarify - The ones that do say Android are the Muve Music plans. So am I ok in assuming that the "Smartphone" plans won't work?? I would figure they would be one in the same but we all know what happens when you assume!

Thank you!!

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

ok, this should help ya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

If you choose one of these plans, and then access your account online, you would see ADR3,4 or 5.

Thank you. Got it. Now I know this may seem redundant and it's not meant to be.

Basically I wanted to know that info so that I could get the right plan to test flashing before I actually flash a customer's phone. NOW, onto my customer. Let's say they currently have one of those Muve Music phones with the Muve Music plan for Android. Let's say the customer comes in and they buy an EVO for example and they want it flashed to Cricket. No problem, but will they have to change their plan? Or will they still be able to use their current plan and have the full flash work (talk, text, web, etc)?

Also, why the heck can't I just order service from Cricket's website without buying a phone!!

Thank you for your patience.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Thank you. Got it. Now I know this may seem redundant and it's not meant to be.

Basically I wanted to know that info so that I could get the right plan to test flashing before I actually flash a customer's phone. NOW, onto my customer. Let's say they currently have one of those Muve Music phones with the Muve Music plan for Android. Let's say the customer comes in and they buy an EVO for example and they want it flashed to Cricket. No problem, but will they have to change their plan? Or will they still be able to use their current plan and have the full flash work (talk, text, web, etc)?

Also, why the heck can't I just order service from Cricket's website without buying a phone!!

Thank you for your patience.

System will prompt your customer to change the plan once the meid you enter is not recognized as a muve music phone. Only those meids that are registered in the inventory as MUVE compatible will allow the music plan. Everything else, and that includes flashed phones, will need to be set up on a different plan. Your customer will not be charged a fee if the type of plan is being switched to the one with the same price.

The why the heck question, you can ask on cricket's facebook page. Pretty sure the answer will be "Thank you for your feedback. We will let God know".

Thank you for the help.

So, I went to a corporate Cricket store to try to set up an account. They told me I can't sign up without buying a phone. No big deal. I explained that I only wanted the account to test out flashing phones. The rep asked me how long I planned to keep the account. I said as long as it takes but I'm hoping to only have it for 1 month. I was then refused service. I asked for a reason. The rep said he called his manager and was told not to do it. I asked if it was because I was flashing and he said no. He would not give me an explanation. I was not rude, unruly or anything like that. I asked for new service and then was straight up denied. Finally his explanation is that if a customer doesn't keep an account for at least 90 days, that comes back on him as bad. How is that mine or anyone's problem? Things happen. What's to say I open a line and in 1 month I lose my job and can't afford to pay the bill. He still takes a hit but too bad. That's how this game works. I found this reasoning to be pretty ridiculous. I mean, I understand where he is coming from but that doesn't make it right.

Either way, I'll be going to a different Cricket store to get an account to test out my flashing and then canceling in a month.

/rant

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Thank you for the help.

So, I went to a corporate Cricket store to try to set up an account. They told me I can't sign up without buying a phone. No big deal. I explained that I only wanted the account to test out flashing phones. The rep asked me how long I planned to keep the account. I said as long as it takes but I'm hoping to only have it for 1 month. I was then refused service. I asked for a reason. The rep said he called his manager and was told not to do it. I asked if it was because I was flashing and he said no. He would not give me an explanation. I was not rude, unruly or anything like that. I asked for new service and then was straight up denied. Finally his explanation is that if a customer doesn't keep an account for at least 90 days, that comes back on him as bad. How is that mine or anyone's problem? Things happen. What's to say I open a line and in 1 month I lose my job and can't afford to pay the bill. He still takes a hit but too bad. That's how this game works. I found this reasoning to be pretty ridiculous. I mean, I understand where he is coming from but that doesn't make it right.

Either way, I'll be going to a different Cricket store to get an account to test out my flashing and then canceling in a month.

/rant
    Here is the thing about the Wireless Industry, and it is not only related to Cricket:
    Success of the Cell phone company is hindered by Churn rate---that's a rate of disconnects. They do not only count how many people signed up for service, but how many stayed.

Imagine this, you make a product for which you charge $10 every month. Let's say 50 customers signed up and so you expect a certain cash flow each month and can project your future income, in this case $500/month. By the end of the year, no expenses taken into account, you get $6000. So you think "Ok, so I have $6000, I can invest it and make it $10000; buy the car and etc". Now, if your customers keep dropping service every month, do you expect to make $6000 by the end of the year? Nope.
    Same thing here. Financially, they rely on projections. They have to borrow money from banks, and have to show that they will have certain expected income from subscribers. It is not unreasonable. High churn means that their stock gets lower valuation, and they will lose "creditability" as I call them. Hope that makes more sense to you as to why Cricket wants you for at least 3 months.

I get all of that.

My main point is Cricket is supposed to be month to month with no contracts. Me saying I MIGHT not stay isnt grounds for them refusing service to somebody. They have no way of knowing if I will stay or go. They also have no way of knowing that about anyone else with Cricket or that signs up. I didn't even say I may or may not stay. I asked about their policy on cancelations. Not about refunds.

If I go buy a TV from a store with salespeople that make commission and I don't like it in a week, I have the right to return it regardless of that salesman taking a hit on his sales/commission.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Cricket is not necessarily Month to Month. It is a prepaid carrier, but they bill you for the next month. Your "Hope" to keep it for 1 month was a red signal for the manager. That's why they refused.

Ok?

Its still no obligation. What about all the examples I've given? They still shouldn't be allowed to refuse service. Its no credit check, no contract and no obligation. That is what they are advertising and that's not what I got. Plain and simple.

I actually just got a phone call from Leap Wireless saying that this shouldn't have happened and that they are not supposed to refuse service based on what I told them.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

lol, don't get me wrong, but IAM (Indirect Accounts Managers) kick dealer butts for high churn. They just wanted to protect themselves.

And like I said I understand all that.

But for instance with the TV example above if I tell the guy at the store flat out that I will probably return it in a week he still has to sell me the TV.

Either way, we will see what kind of offer I get from these people.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

And like I said I understand all that.

But for instance with the TV example above if I tell the guy at the store flat out that I will probably return it in a week he still has to sell me the TV.

Either way, we will see what kind of offer I get from these people.
    tv and service are different...but keep us posted on what Cricket says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information