Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Banned
    Overall activity: 0%

Please Help! Almost Flashed....I Think

ok i am having an issue, not sure if i did something wrong or what but maybe you guys can help me. Started with an original cricket phone on the $35 plan. I have an evo 4g that i flashed according to the tut to the t. i became a supporting member and successfully swapped my esn thru u guys, thanks by the way. I live in chicago and i have tried EVERY SINGLE HYBRID PRL IN THE STICKY and most of them give me a signal but *228 says number or code is invalid on all of them, but 611 says welcome to cricket on most of them. i would like to stay on the $35 plan so data and internet isnt that important to me, althoug i see the 3g icon on all hybrids that give me a signal. I am on stock rooted ota right now....is it the rom? What rom is quarenteed to have a working *228 and could you provide a link. thanks

I live in chicago

I have triple checked my min/mdn

Any help would be apprecieated

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Why are you so adamant on OTA programming a phone that has been manually programmed?

You get signal and 3G logo. If your MDN/MIN is triple-checked as you say, your phone is flashed already. Why don't you try making a phone call that isn't *228, I bet your phone is already working talk/text though you'll need proxy to use internet.

TL;DR; Don't OTASP (*228) flashed phones, program them manually.

Banned

when i make a call is dioesnt go tru...busy signal......text says sms error.....i have tried to call out ...when i call the phone it just rings forever...no voicemail or anything

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

and the phone is on the acct?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Banned

yup......i got a pm from u guys that said the esn change was successful....do i have to check with cricket too?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

no you dont need to check with Cricket.

You do need to stop dialing *228 tho. Thats not gonna help you at all. Go back into manual programming and make sure the mdn and min are set correctly.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Banned

checked everything....mdn/min is correct..called cricket to make sure esn is on acc...it is......made sure i had correct min....i did...here are some pics...maybe something is obvious.....still cant call out
    1.png2.png3.png4.png

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

pm me your auth id. I want to look at your account.

Banned

Quick Question

it just started working...i sent the phone a txt like 20 min ago...went for a smoke came back and its done...talk n text thenk you guys soo much....cool beans!

one more quick question....my esn on the evo was clean....would a bad sprint/verizon esn work also? following the same steps?
    Last edited by notahacker420; 05-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

yes (10 char)

Banned

ok so i have been playing around with prls to find the best one, out of 14 hybrids i found that only 8 of them give me a signal and i was able to call and text....i found a good one and left it....30 minutes later when i try to make a call i get a guy that says cricket cannot make calls to this phone number….if I use a prl that worked b4 I get same thing…but sometimes the calls go through….95% of the time I get that guy or it just never connects and goes back to dialer….on every prl that just worked an hour ago…..im lost

i also noticed that when i make a call the signal drops all the way and then comes up a little

Banned

Are prls supposed to work when they want?

I had my plan upgraded to $45 android....

Flashed to cm7 and i am using this method to get into diag mode
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    To enable diag mode:
    su
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable

To disable diag mode:
    su
    echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I can get lucky and flash a prl that works for like 10 min...talk and text...but then no talk and no text, still shows signal tho.

Internet works on all prls with greenk45, no matter what.

If i try a prl and it stops, i try another and another until one works, but then that one stops so i do it again...WTF?

Am i doing something wrong?

Esn is on the account thru u guys...im on 45 android plan...QPST SETTINGS ARE EXACT TO THE TUT... PLEASE HELP!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

factory reset the phone
    and make sure qpst settings are correct

Banned

did a factory rest thru hboot,,,,qpst setting are the same. MIN AND MDN are perfect.....im taking this into cricket......customer support told me there is no charge to reflash the phone to get it working

Banned

ok so i called the cricket corporate store on north ave in chicago...after 1800cricket indian woman told me to take it to them and they would flash it and get it working no charge.....after calling the store, the guy told me that i absolutley cannot use a flashed phone because chicago is an aws area....heres the kicker...i just flashed my friends verizon dinc and he lives in willowbrook(about 35 miles from chicago)...HIS WORKS NO PROBLEM....i told the guy this and he says its just an anomoly...

WHO IN CHICAGO HAS A FLASHED EVO? WHAT PRL ARE YOU ON? IS IT HYBRID? AM I SCREWED? WHAT DO I DO NOW?

I HAVE FLASHED OVER 50 PRLs AND WHEN I CALL OUT I GET " YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE CALLS TO THIS NUMBER" ON ALL OF THEM.......5% OF THE TIME I CAN MAKE A CALL....THEN NOTHING

UUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thread Information