Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Won't recognize phone.

Got it working.
    Last edited by Ravenouschaos; 09-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

After installing the diagnostic drivers for my Evo 4g I attempt to add the port in QPST. It recognizes the phone at COM 3 but returns the error:

"There was an error enabling COM3. The port may not be working properly or may be busy. (-2147023174 [0x800706ba])"

Any help is appreciated.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by mau5hax View Post
    After installing the diagnostic drivers for my Evo 4g I attempt to add the port in QPST. It recognizes the phone at COM 3 but returns the error:

"There was an error enabling COM3. The port may not be working properly or may be busy. (-2147023174 [0x800706ba])"

Any help is appreciated.
    Do you have CDMA workshop running at the same time with the connected port 3? If yes, then QPST won't recognize it properly because it is being used by another Soft.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    EVO 4G

Reinstalled QPST and it read the phone no problem. Now I have data but no talk/text. Do I just need to have them add my ESN now (I already have a phone on the $45 dollar plan)?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Nice. Yes, just call *611 and give them the esn, or become a supporting member here and they will do it for you.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 1.0%

What settings in QPST deal specifically with wi-fi? I had data a few days ago, then changed something and now I can't even get wi-fi.

Worked perfectly for my OG Droid.

Hi everyone
    I am having a problem trying to flash a storm 2 9550. When I first plugged the phone into PC and opened device manager, it showed me the ports and I could connect and read/write to it using QPST with no problem. Then I installed the blackberry desktop manager (and associated drivers) and since then the phone will no longer trigger the virtual com ports in device manager when plugged in. The ports item doesnt even show up in device manager. QPST doesnt recognize any active ports at all. Im thinking that the blackberry drivers somehow corrupted the communication on the virtual serial com ports.
    I dont know if this phone has a diagnostic mode or if I need to put it in this mode somehow. I didnt do it the first time i plugged it in and it was working fine. I have been messing with it for days. Tried everything I could think of. uninstalled blackberry desktop manager, reinstalled QPST, reinstalled my mobo chipset drivers, etc...

Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?
    Thanks

Ok I got the ports back in device manager but now when I try to add them in QPST it spits an error message that says they are either busy or not working correctly. Still waiting for any advice.
    Anyone here?

Does this cut out the need for cdma? If no please elaborate on when an how I should use this

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez Sullivan View Post
    Does this cut out the need for cdma? If no please elaborate on when an how I should use this

Current versions
    of CDMA Workshop can program the phone entirely. Read the tutorials for an explanation on the use of both.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

so heres where i need help at, i have flashed my droid two global using the method you posted for flashing droid two and it works, but i am not in love with the service i get with the current prl i am using, i want to flash a hybrid prl but even after reading your tutorial i am not sure how to do so, should i cancle cdma workshop out completely an just use qpst or should i be doing something else/

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez Sullivan View Post
    so heres where i need help at, i have flashed my droid two global using the method you posted for flashing droid two and it works, but i am not in love with the service i get with the current prl i am using, i want to flash a hybrid prl but even after reading your tutorial i am not sure how to do so, should i cancle cdma workshop out completely an just use qpst or should i be doing something else/
    U can flash the phone by both ways. For hybrids u will need qpst to flash the hybrid and for normal prl use cdma. In qpst, under roaming, open the prl and write to phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    U can flash the phone by both ways. For hybrids u will need qpst to flash the hybrid and for normal prl use cdma. In qpst, under roaming, open the prl and write to phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    So I can do this over the current prl I have, I don't have to go through the whole process of sbfing it, then reflashing it?

Overall activity: 3.0%

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Is there any information on flashing the Bionic to cricket? I think part of the issue is the LTE sim card because the extended nam is completely blank and cdma only wants to write 11 of the 12 nv items.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information