Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Sprint S2 epic touch flashed to cricket. I want to upgrade to JB from ICS

Hi guys I have Epic touch 4g by Sprint. It's flashed to cricket. Model number SPH-D710, android verson 4.0.4 build number IMM76I.FF18. I want to upgrade to Jellybean. I took my phone to get flash they said it would be extra charge to root it and they couldn't get it flash to JB which I was able before I took them. Anyway's I want to flash my phone to rooted JB but I'm scared to loose cricket flash. Can someone walk me through how to do this and is it less work? I'm a total noob when it comes to flashing. Ty. Plzz help.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    Samsung L900 Note2

Get SPL/MSL and/or have it zeroed out -000000- while running 4.0.4. If already updated to JB Odin back to ICS(4.0.4), adb shell "getprop ril.MSL" or use cdma WS to get SPL/MSL and zero it out. You're actually fine to upgrade and flash away at that point since you have MSL zeroed. From what I've seen guys have had trouble getting the MSL in JB. I've flashed a bunch in JB and it's totally possible with zeroed MSL. There are several .tar files for Odin flashing available pre-rooted. Google em and how to use odin. and cdma workshop. Make sure drivers are installed correct and have at it. It'll do you a world of good

Quote Originally Posted by DaRel Mays View Post
    Get SPL/MSL and/or have it zeroed out -000000- while running 4.0.4. If already updated to JB Odin back to ICS(4.0.4), adb shell "getprop ril.MSL" or use cdma WS to get SPL/MSL and zero it out. You're actually fine to upgrade and flash away at that point since you have MSL zeroed. From what I've seen guys have had trouble getting the MSL in JB. I've flashed a bunch in JB and it's totally possible with zeroed MSL. There are several .tar files for Odin flashing available pre-rooted. Google em and how to use odin. and cdma workshop. Make sure drivers are installed correct and have at it. It'll do you a world of good

So if I zero out the or get SPL/MSL and zero out then i can upgrade to jelly bean and i will still have cricket flash? If not then what is the process? Do I have to fallow all oer again the flash instruction or is it just matter of changing a fiew things? Or I don't do nothing?

Phone
    Samsung L900 Note2

You wont need to reflash it more than likely, The programming should not be effected.

Some streaming settings and mmsc, etc settings may need to be changed but if MSL is zeroed you change those in ##data# menu.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

if *22804 works then youre zeroed out and should be fine.

honestly, As most people will tell you these keywords mentioned ie Odin flashing, ".tar" files, CDMA workshop, QPST, whatever, are all here and various forums in easily understandable guides put together by lots of hard working people. Everything you need to do is already in a step by step format you just need to look up how to flash your phone and how to upgrade it/change software versions with Odin. The "I took my phone to get flash they said it would be extra charge to root it and they couldn't get it flash to JB" is the oart where you get tricky, I as someone that does a lot of phone and computer mods as a service fix stuff done by others all the time and would steer clear of having phones rooted by someone unless you know they are really experienced. maybe they were trying to "root" your device via flashing a aosp/cm based rom and couldnt figure out script is needed for enabling diag... I'm willing to bet it's just what i had said originally and they didnt know that the MSL couldnt be extracted via old means in JB on the S2 and by that it means either theyre behind or dont know what they are doing beware. Also if flashed and *228 works they are just wanting to charge for flash and root all over again when really you just need update installed. best to learn yourself.

make backups as well.
    good luck

Okay I wan't to make back up but doesn't it take root to do so? So if I do back up it will save everything including cricket flash if i wanted to go back?

Phone
    Samsung L900 Note2

Install custom Recovery, i recommend TWRP via Odin. install root via the recovery. Make back up in recovery.

None of this involves your flash to cricket. Again, YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR FLASH MORE THAN LIKELY and IF any issues it will be with data settings which you can change in the new rom by using ##3282# and/or following any of the s2 flashing guides

I guess I'm not understanding your confusion if you've done as asked and looked into how to upgrade and how to flash just in case, as recommended.

the upgrade is here >
    [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 GB27 (GB27 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock) - xda-developers

mods let me know if I'm doing anything wrong by posting links or something since i dont post much and am not familiar with rules off the top of my head.

install drivers for device, download odin package and use the "no data" option so you wont be reset during the process. NONE of this involves the flash to cricket.

Just ignore what you were told by the store or wherever you went.

Thread Information