Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Switches to 1x when traveling

Well the title says it all. When I travel out of my area it switches to 1x from 3g. Any reason why? What prl do you guys recommend I use( I travel from Houston to deep South Texas) close to Oriax123? Don't have any problems at my home town currently using prl 35365

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Bro, dial *228 I live in Houston and have official prl 45665 .... you need to update that shyt bro

Sent from my M886 using Forum Runner

i do*228 and i get that prl its south houston and it works great here but when i travel south it goes to 1x and even if i *228 down there it gives me the same prl

Do you think you might be roaming on MetroPCS? That might explain it.

no it doesn't roam. I've had the roaming icon before, everything works but it goes to 1x bout 2 hrs away from where i live everything still works but very slow from 5 to 10 kB, 10 if im lucky
    .I don't know I'm trying different prl but there's no real way of testing till i drive out of my range. although none of the prls that are on the prl list are as good with my 3g speed as the one i get with *228 im on the $45 dollar plan, but i don't think it has anything to do with it.
    Thanks for replies just wondering if anybody travels alot and still has 3g all the way.I think it would but maybe thas just how cricket is

Could be cricket just doesn't have much antennas/signal where you go :/

Sent from my M886 using Forum Runner

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by rockon0921 View Post
    no it doesn't roam. I've had the roaming icon before, everything works but it goes to 1x bout 2 hrs away from where i live everything still works but very slow from 5 to 10 kB, 10 if im lucky
    .I don't know I'm trying different prl but there's no real way of testing till i drive out of my range. although none of the prls that are on the prl list are as good with my 3g speed as the one i get with *228 im on the $45 dollar plan, but i don't think it has anything to do with it.
    Thanks for replies just wondering if anybody travels alot and still has 3g all the way.I think it would but maybe thas just how cricket is
    If you are outside of Cricket home market coverage area then you are roaming. Your phone will only show a roaming indicator if you are outside the nationwide/partner coverage area, i.e. on Verizon. If you are on partner coverage, sprint/metro or any othe other carriers in that mix, you are subject to the speeds of their networks. Metro for example only has 1x in a lot of markets so that may be whats gong on.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

ohhh i see what you mean woof. but its wierd because my cousin has cricket in the valley( because that's where i travel) and when she comes and visits us she has 3g coverage and in the valley there's 3g coverage. I checked on cricket page in coverage map. it's as far south as you can in texas and it's all dark red.Well I seem to be doing good with the 45368 prl with my local 3g (seems to be same speed as prl from *228) i'll see once we drive out tomorrow morning. Thanks for replies

cicket-route.png
    this is my route in green

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I'd say it's a prl issue.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

yeah that's what i thought just wondering if anyone was under a similar circumstance. I Know supposedly oriox123 lives in Donna which is part of valley so i'll pm and ask what prl he's using.

what i find weird is if I'm in the valley and i *228 it programs the same prl. on both my wife's and my phone.you would imagine it would put a valley prl

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Im currently using 42900 on my Dinc, $45 plan and Greenk45 pro. I get 3g in Houston and Beaumont but i get 1x for several miles in between those cities. I assume its due to the purple area as shown in your map (and the map coverage coloring isnt perfect, i assume).

Well just an update for travelers i went on my trip and switch between all prls on this forum. The prl that actually got 3g all the way was the 45713 prl , but i couldnt make any calls. Just thought i'd let you guys know.

Thread Information