Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

TEST: Hybrid Cricket/Sprint PRL

In our ongoing tests to tweak flashed phones, we've created a hybrid PRL. This takes two PRL lists and combines them. Let's take a step back. A PRL is a preferred roaming list and it lets your phone know what towers to connect to.

Since Cricket and Sprint are partners when it comes to roaming, we've combined their PRLs. We have this notion that not in all areas can you roam on Sprint networks. Please test this out and compare it to other PRLs. Let us know your findings. We've had it on our phones for a while now and can't find anything bad about it.

In an emergency you could in theory make 911 calls from Verizon's network since it will allow you to connect to their towers on roaming. You get this message that you'll be forwarded to an operator so you can pay them to put your call through, however if it were an emergency we're pretty darn sure they have to connect you immediately.

If you find yourself being put on Verizon's network too much, just set your phone to not roam. I only let it roam when I know I'm in an area that is not serviced by Cricket/Sprint and could potentially have an emergency.

Anyways it's attached to the bottom of this thread. It combines Cricket PRL 42900 and a very recent Sprint PRL.

Oh and it seems that CDMA Workshop doesn't allow you to put this PRL on your phone. Try QPST.

I'm starting to post the updates on the main PRL thread since these things seem to be helping the community out...

Test/Experimental Hybrid: These PRLs have been custom made and we're looking for people to test them and post results. So far so good. They seem to work well in AWS areas in particular. Note that you won't be able to dial *228 most likely or do any forwarding while on that PRL. Flash over another PRL to do that and then switch. You don't need to use *228 for flashed phones anyways.

45722HybridMyCricketForum.prl - Cricket 45722 and Sprint 60678, 45513hybridMyCricketForumDotCom.prl, Cricket 35313 and Sprint 60678, MyCricketForum42900Hybrid.prl, MyCricketForumTest2Hybrid.prl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-30-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    DroidX on MetroPCS

GREAT PRL!!!! I flashed my Droid X to Metro PCS and could not use anything outside the Detroit area. I live in Flint and as soon as I crossed county lines I would immediately be in "extended network" and nothing worked including the phone. I went to my local Metro PCS dealer and he said that the Genesee County metro towers dont support flashed phones. I came back to work the next day figuring i would have to re activate with verizon until i found this post. I changed my prl and to my surprise EVERYTHING works at home now. I have full signal and still get my 3g that i didnt have with the metro pcs 2004.prl. Thank you very much. your my new hero!
    Last edited by groulx66; 05-12-2011 at 03:27 PM.

That is awesome news. Thanks for reporting your findings.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    In an emergency you could in theory make 911 calls
    Just to put everyone at ease on this point, it's more than theory, all cell phones, even those without service, can dial 911:

9-1-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The carrier is REQUIRED to connect you to 911, so I bet it would be automatic rather than waste your/the operator's time, since they have no choice but to forward you to 911 anyways.

For this reason, a lot of charities will take old phones as donations to provide to at risk people (senior citizens, battered women, etc) who would benefit from having emergency 911 access.

Phone
    DroidX on MetroPCS

Up date to my last post. You 42900 prl works great but I seemed to get 1x connection mor than 3g. I changed my prl to the current sprint 60678 prl and now see 3g speeds most of the time while still on metro pcs service with my Droid X.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

That's interesting. Anyways look forward to our Metro PCS forum.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

would it be possible for you to do the same thing you did with this prl but for metropcs? Im dying to get 3G and i just messed with this one and my friends cricket info and i got 3G but of course no talk and text lol 1x is just horrible so please help us metroPCS users out or atleast point me in the right direction on how to make a hybrid prl lol

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodykiller86 View Post
    would it be possible for you to do the same thing you did with this prl but for metropcs? Im dying to get 3G and i just messed with this one and my friends cricket info and i got 3G but of course no talk and text lol 1x is just horrible so please help us metroPCS users out or atleast point me in the right direction on how to make a hybrid prl lol
    Please send us a MetroPCS PRL (the best you think there is), and we'll try to combine it with a Sprint PRL.

02004.prl Heres the latest MetroPCS PRL that pretty much any1 that flashes a phone uses...i tried combining it with like sprint cricket prl but i couldnt get 3G like when i just used your hybrid PRL lol so please work some magic cuz this 1x is horrible lol

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'll have to look at this later when I'm back in the states. Did you just use QPST and try to combine?

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)

Phone
    DroidX on MetroPCS

You said you got 3g but no talk and text, was it a constant 3g? i am using a sprint prl for my metro pcs and everything works but the 3g only rarely works. I had to use the sprint prl to even make my phone work because metro pcs tpwers in my area no longer support flashed phones.

yea i tired just combining prls in QPST but that didnt work....only time i got 3G was using your prl but i was using settings from a cricket account that i have aswell and that got me 3G but broke my Talk and Text. and yes it was constant 3G i was getting speeds from 500kbps to 1mbps so i mean if you can get this figured out taht would be awesome cuz metropcs's 1x is SUPER slow lol...i wish they would of just skipped 4G crap and put 3G everywhere sigh

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ah then there's probably nothing I can do that you can't. If you just change out the data profile with Cricket's then data should work. Don't modify anything under the CDMA tab though.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Ah then there's probably nothing I can do that you can't. If you just change out the data profile with Cricket's then data should work. Don't modify anything under the CDMA tab though.
    tried that by just changing all the data values but of course leaving my MIN and MDN the same..that works but it stays on 1x lol....gah i hate 1x its SOOOO slow and since its slower it kills your battery faster lol damn metro lol...whyd they have to opt out for 4G...it only works on their crap phones anyways lol

Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

Personally for myself living in tri-band area, the only prl i could use is this hybrid one... works great and I finally got my mms working 100% on a HTC Hero...I posted all details & even posted my APN in the Hero section along with the mms.apk file from the eris which I had to use as well. Thanks again Chris and whoever else may have been involved in creating the PRL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-25-2011, 08:19 AM

Thread Information