Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC ERIS

Chris, that is amazing. If I understand correctly, one now can use a flashed blackberry in a tri-band market. Will this work on the regular $45.00 plan?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    DroidX on MetroPCS

This may seem like a dumb question but since MetroPCS does not charge roaming fees would it be possible to add verizon, T-Mobile towers and etc to the prl and get better results not only for phone but for the 3G. Or is there more to it than just adding another carriers towers.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Mobilis View Post
    Chris, that is amazing. If I understand correctly, one now can use a flashed blackberry in a tri-band market. Will this work on the regular $45.00 plan?
    I've tried this on 4 blackberrys using qpst and the hybrid wont write i think its too big but it might work on a newer bb that has more mem

so far ive only been able to get it onto android phones

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by groulx66 View Post
    This may seem like a dumb question but since MetroPCS does not charge roaming fees would it be possible to add verizon, T-Mobile towers and etc to the prl and get better results not only for phone but for the 3G. Or is there more to it than just adding another carriers towers.
    T-mobile is GSM. The PRL you have for MetroPCS probably includes all the roaming partners they allow already. You can try to combine a new Verizon PRL with it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    I've tried this on 4 blackberrys using qpst and the hybrid wont write i think its too big but it might work on a newer bb that has more mem

so far ive only been able to get it onto android phones
    Wow that sucks. You should be our resident Blackberry guru cause I don't think we have one.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Wow that sucks. You should be our resident Blackberry guru cause I don't think we have one.
    lol i personaly dont like blackberrys ive had 3 myself and ive flashed god knows how many. I'm suppesed to fully Flash a Storm tonight (only done basic on the storm so far) and i'm a little lost as it appears that the storm doesnt use service books like the curve and such so this could be fun. if i do flash it ill let you know if the hybrid prl takes to this one.

2 of the 3 blackberrys ive owned died a horble death. i got fed up with them and smashed them on the groung = lots of little pieces everyplace

Phone
    HTC ERIS

Has anyone tried flashing the prl with QXDMA for the blackberry? If not, I can during the week and let you know.

Whitefinger - I've flashed a number of Storms and they do use Service books. You just need to hold it sideways to get the full keyboard when entering the SBEB. It'll open up in legacy mode easily then. If you get stuck PM me. I can walk you through it relatively quickly.

Has anyone been successful in getting full talk, txt, pic message, and internet on a flashed blackberry in a tri-band area using the modified prl? If not, does anyone want to test one in a tri-band area like IL or PA?

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Has anyone tried flashing the prl with QXDMA for the blackberry? If not, I can during the week and let you know.

Whitefinger - I've flashed a number of Storms and they do use Service books. You just need to hold it sideways to get the full keyboard when entering the SBEB. It'll open up in legacy mode easily then. If you get stuck PM me. I can walk you through it relatively quickly.

Has anyone been successful in getting full talk, txt, pic message, and internet on a flashed blackberry in a tri-band area using the modified prl? If not, does anyone want to test one in a tri-band area like IL or PA?
    i havnt tried it with QXDMA as i cant get a copy to work on my main computer (win vista) if it works ill need to try harder to get a copy to work or get a copy again to work on my xp computer. let me know if it works.

as far as the service books on the storm; would the ones i use on the older bbs possibly work. i should be able to get them onto there no prob unless its on a it pollicy for some reason even then i can take care of that. thanks for the info i really dont remember seeing it in the options on the last one i flashed.

let me know on the triband aswell.

this prl is amayzing tho i had a guy that i flashed his hero to cricket then he moved out of town to a sprint partner coverage area and was always roaming and had low signal and 3g speeds when he came to see me i loaded this prl up and told him to give it a try he called me 2 days later saying he was no longer roaming and his signal and 3g were way up

Phone
    HTC ERIS

I tried loading the prl with QXDM and it wouldn't due to file size. Unfortunate.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I tried loading the prl with QXDM and it wouldn't due to file size. Unfortunate.
    I kinda figured it was a size issue. What model blackberry did you try this on? Ive been wondering if it might work on 1 of the new blackberrys.

Phone
    HTC ERIS

I tried it on my 8330. I have a 8530 and Storm in inventory. I'll pull a do in a few days. Been trying to get my droid 1 flashed over to start using. It's been a confusing experience even trying to follow the directions.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I tried it on my 8330. I have a 8530 and Storm in inventory. I'll pull a do in a few days. Been trying to get my droid 1 flashed over to start using. It's been a confusing experience even trying to follow the directions.
    Yeah there's no way that would fit on an 8330. Just look how big that prl file is it would take the entire things memory. Maybe tho storm or newer I'm not sure what the memory sizes on them is metametrix gonna be bigger than the older phones

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

New Hybrid posted in first thread. Thanks Michael Mendoza for the Cricket PRL.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

First off, thanks for the file, but I'm having some trouble putting it to good use. I tried to load it to my Motorola Droid (Flashed to Cricket) using QPST Service Programming and was unsuccessful. The old prl just stayed in its place. My method was to go to the roam tab, hit read from phone, browse to the prl file, then hit write to phone. I also tried to load this file using CDMA WS 2.7 with the same results. Finally, I split the file with RL Editor then loaded the first half to NAM1 and second half to NAM2 using CDMA WS 2.7. I also changed my MIN and MDN for NAM2. These settings/prls for NAM2 have stayed and are readable from CDMA WS, but the phone only lists the 45722 prl. No idea if the 4299 prl is even in use, although I am seeing a roaming triangle first time ever. Not necessarily a result of the 4299 in NAM2 (my gut tells me its not doing anything) as I also updated from an older Cricket prl. I've found nothing about switching NAMs, or if my phone even really has 2 NAMs or CDMAWS is just writing to some open spot in eeprom. groulx66 was able to use QPST with his Droid X, so there has to be a way. Can anyone help?

Also, I noticed an improvement with this new file but my phone eventually settled on the same crappy towers. I went into rl editor and set all towers for same priority. Haven't tested much but seems to have helped significantly. Can post these files if others are interested.

On a more technical note, since Cricket has a roaming agreement with Sprint, shouldn't all the pertinent towers already be in Crickets prl? As far as emergency calls, I don't think you even need a prl for that. I was under the impression the phone just broadcasts out and the nearest CDMA tower is required to take the call. Rather than concatenate the two files (and I realize it would take more work) wouldn't it be best just to place the pertinent towers from Sprints prl into the cricket prls table?

Hopefully someone can help me get this concatenated prl onto my droid or help me figure out this NAM1/2 thing. Thanks!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Yeah there's no way that would fit on an 8330. Just look how big that prl file is it would take the entire things memory. Maybe tho storm or newer I'm not sure what the memory sizes on them is metametrix gonna be bigger than the older phones
    I'm installing xp on my laptop JUST to flash this storm 2. i'm so dedicated to finishing this I won't sleep until it's done

I found out that the checkbox for "Preferred Roaming Enabled" is grayed out for me. I think this is the reason that I can't seem to load a prl using QPST. Can anyone help me resolve this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-25-2011, 08:19 AM

Thread Information