Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Long story

Apps can't access web on ascend

It's pretty much what the title says. I'm still on an old 40 dollar plan so I had to do the u2nl thing. I can access the internet from the android browser but nothing else works. Market, facebook app, cricket users forum app, none of it. It always says that it can't connect and to check my network settings. Skype connected once, but never again after that. I'm running the stock rom atm. I did try CM7 but it seemed to be killing the battery way to quick for me, like literally dead in less than 3 hours, and it wouldn't connect even using the android browser let alone any of the apps. I've restarted the thing, I've tried the airplane mode thing, pretty much anything I could think of or find on google and the forum, and no joy. Am I think only person that didn't know this is normal? Any help would be appreciated.

-P

2. Remove this advertisement.

You can try *228 since that fixes a lot of things.

I wonder if it has to do with you being on the $40 plan. If it's worked all this time, I don't see why it would suddenly stop.

When did this problem start?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You can try *228 since that fixes a lot of things.

I wonder if it has to do with you being on the $40 plan. If it's worked all this time, I don't see why it would suddenly stop.

When did this problem start?
    It will have to be on the $55 plan in order for it to work. At least Cricket phones. Flashed phones would work on $40 and up.

Paine, did you just get the phone?

I was thinking it worked all this time and just suddenly stopped. If you just switched to the phone then you should upgrade to the $55 plan.

Phone
    Long story

Yeah I just switched the phone. I'm not all that worried about it right now really. I have an older plan that I got a deal on unlimited roaming which I need for work. Last time I checked they wanted extra for that and I'm too cheap to feel like paying to upgrade and for the roaming minutes. Like I said the web browser works so it's not a complete loss. I just don't understand how the lower cost plan would work with flashed phones and not cricket phones. I'm in vegas so getting a flashed phone isn't an option or I'd have done that. Thanks for the replies.

-P

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Paine View Post
    I had to do the u2nl thing. I can access the internet from the android browser but nothing else works.
    Sounds like you didn't set up u2nl correctly. If you set proxy using anycut or equivalent, ONLY the browser works, which is what it sounds like you are experiencing.

I would suggest using GreenK45 or implementing the u2nl/autostart solution correctly. I am assuming you are rooted considering you have switched to CM7 and back.

Phone
    Long story

I used an installer thing that was suppose to put u2nl and everything in the right way for me, but maybe it didn't work lol. I'm trying GreenK45 now, but it's just saying enabling, please wait. So, maybe that's not going to work either. So, I guess I'll try to do the u2nl by hand this time around and I'll let everyone know how things work out. Thanks.

-P

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

I used an installer thing that was suppose to put u2nl and everything in the right way for me, but maybe it didn't work lol. I'm trying GreenK45 now, but it's just saying enabling, please wait. So, maybe that's not going to work either. So, I guess I'll try to do the u2nl by hand this time around and I'll let everyone know how things work out. Thanks.

-P

^^ your phone has to be rooted for Greenk45 to work.

Phone
    Long story

It is rooted. Or at least it's suppose to be lol. But just so I'm not one of those guys that you ask "is it plugged in?" and he says "of course it is" without actually looking if it's plugged in, I'm rerooting with z4root.

-P

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Install busybox using Stericson's app on the market, just search busybox. I use version 1.18.4 when I test on my devices.

Phone
    Long story

Ok, so I tried rerooting the phone, and installing busybox, and greenk45 still doesn't work with my stock rom. Tried it on CM7, and still no joy. So now I'm back to stock rom, and I'm going to try getting autostart and such to work for me. Who knows maybe my phone is just "special" and nothing is going to work, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. lol

-P

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Ok, so I tried rerooting the phone, and installing busybox, and greenk45 still doesn't work with my stock rom. Tried it on CM7, and still no joy. So now I'm back to stock rom, and I'm going to try getting autostart and such to work for me. Who knows maybe my phone is just "special" and nothing is going to work, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. lol

-P
    try this ^^

Cricket Data Enabler (Android Devices, $45 plan)

Phone
    Long story

I know this is a rather old thread, and I've been meaning to post for a while but life gets busy in a hurry. For anyone else that has the same problem, I got nothin'. I've tried all solutions presented with no luck. My assumption is that my phone is just special. I have everything loaded up on a droid 2 and use GreenK45 with no problems. So, now I run around with two phones, one to make calls and one to play with the interwebs. Thank you everyone for your help.
    -P

Thread Information