Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

CM7 Ascend ROM current version 05012011

IssacJ87 has posted the newest version of Cyanogenmod 7 for Ascend. I flashed this morning, and DAMN it is fast. Stable, and chock full of features, this is now my permanent ROM. Links below to all zips and new CWM image. ALL credit goes to IssacJ87 and his team. I merely know how to type.

CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android

Update: New version released last night, same link. Some of the minor issues got a fix, and some overall performance enhancements were added. This is now my permanent ROM. Runs like a dream, and will only get better going forward.

Last edited by Dsanders77; 05-03-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: New info

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Work continues and improvements continue as well. New version today, VERY clean and snappy launcher based on stock, tweaked WiFi, more clean up and performance improvement. NEW FEATURE, individual dismissal of notifications via slide. No more bulk clears needed. It's actually a really nice feature. Same link as above, try it!!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Nice... I have the individual dismissal on my Droid 2 with Gingerbread leak. It is really nice because sometimes I want my calendar notifications to stay there till I get around to handling them. Works the same for e-mails, etc. Something was messed up with my interface, and I think I had to use Launcher Pro. This took away my application groups.

On the app bin does it have a way to sort applications into groups? Just wondering...

What is your day job? Just curious since you're in the area....
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Nice... I have the individual dismissal on my Droid 2 with Gingerbread leak. It is really nice because sometimes I want my calendar notifications to stay there till I get around to handling them. Works the same for e-mails, etc. Something was messed up with my interface, and I think I had to use Launcher Pro. This took away my application groups.

On the app bin does it have a way to sort applications into groups? Just wondering...

What is your day job? Just curious since you're in the area....
    Yeah, small feature, but really helpful. App bin in sorted by all/SD/Running, but no more. Launcher is kind of a "launcher pro" styling of the stock one. Really nice. As for day job, I was a manager for Game Crazy for about 7 years. Company went under with Hollywood Video last year, and finding a retail job in my pay grade has been..frustrating. I have been a tech head for a LONG time, and am trying to learn network flashing and such to see if that can lead to a new career path. Now if I can just find a Droid 1 or Hero that I can afford on unemployment. Ebay has been ridiculous lately.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think I posted a thread about finding a phone cheap. Craigslist and eBay. For eBay look at bad droid, bad hero, etc. Find the bad esn phones...

I just work out of home. I'm small beans but am trying to get this forum kicking.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Yeah, even the bad esn Droid 1s are going for 100 bucks plus. Hard for me to justify that with the wife considering the budget. Unemployment + 4 kids is tough. Mostly I want something that supports flash, and then I am going to sell the Ascend. How is the Hero? Does not look too hard to root and flash, and the price is a bit better on Ebay.

Zomg, I heart this rom, totally improved my ascend.. And while everyone else whines about 2.2 from huawei, I'm rockin 2.3.4 :P Thanks a ton for porting this!! Yous guys are awesome

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggsbud View Post
    Zomg, I heart this rom, totally improved my ascend.. And while everyone else whines about 2.2 from huawei, I'm rockin 2.3.4 :P Thanks a ton for porting this!! Yous guys are awesome
    Glad to hear we have another convert! Issac is the dev that did this, and ALL credit goes to him. Follow @IcarusMod on Twitter for news and release info when a new build hits.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Dsanders77 View Post
    Glad to hear we have another convert! Issac is the dev that did this, and ALL credit goes to him. Follow @IcarusMod on Twitter for news and release info when a new build hits.
    Kind of a dead thread but, as many of you prolly know by now I maintain CM7-Ascend now and the same wiki gets updated when I release new builds, think Current build is 07282011. I got my repo fixed and will be release a new build for the og Ascend soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Kind of a dead thread but, as many of you prolly know by now I maintain CM7-Ascend now and the same wiki gets updated when I release new builds, think Current build is 07282011. I got my repo fixed and will be release a new build for the og Ascend soon.
    I'm currently running 05/07/2011. Is the latest build going to increase performance without needing to overclock, or will I need to overclock for better performance?

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I'm currently running 05/07/2011. Is the latest build going to increase performance without needing to overclock, or will I need to overclock for better performance?
    Your still running at 600Mhz??

My builds I stick with the 710Mhz max oc, but the 748 is available to dl and Flash if one so wishes. Most ascends wont run higher than 729 tho, some not even 710. BobZhome released a Lazy Ascend 672Mhz kernel which I have linked on the ppa wiki and in ROM Manager.

CM7.2, which is 2.3.5, runs purdy nice IMO, but you have yo remember my ascend isnt my daily phone

Your still running at 600Mhz??

My builds I stick with the 710Mhz max oc, but the 748 is available to dl and Flash if one so wishes. Most ascends wont run higher than 729 tho, some not even 710. BobZhome released a Lazy Ascend 672Mhz kernel which I have linked on the ppa wiki and in ROM Manager.

CM7.2, which is 2.3.5, runs purdy nice IMO, but you have yo remember my ascend isnt my daily phone
    I do overclock at 710 Mhz from time to time but I usually run at 600 Mhz.

Verified Developer

New build available on ppa wiki and from ROM Manager.

New build available on ppa wiki and from ROM Manager.
    I have ROM Manager. I've never used it. It updates all the time though. Is there an easy way to update through there without losing everything? I'm still new at all this. I just put CM7 on my phone and haven't touched it since.

Verified Developer

yea when using RM to dl n install it it prompts for what wipes you want to do. This build has teh 748 kernel in it so some will have issues installing it.

Thread Information