Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Do you think your Huawei Ascend was worth what you paid?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

10 83.33%
  • No, I don't.

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by xtortione View Post
    thanks alot will try this over the weekend and let you know if it works

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

sorry one more thing will this delete my contacts?
    Yes, everything will be deleted, but you can try to sync your contacts with Google. If you sync with Google, you should be fine.

2. Remove this advertisement.

hello so i upgraded my ascend over the weekend (tutorial worked great) love the new look and features but seem to be having trouble connecting to wireless is this normal also should i overclock phone or leave as is thanks for all your help

Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

Overclocking (IMO), is a waste of time. The wireless issue I have no idea about. It's actually kind of funny, Huawei overclocked the Ascend processor already. It's originally a 527Mhz cpu :P
    Onto the topic at hand, I bought my Ascend the first day it came out, and after taxes and all that jazz I paid roughly 185 dollars. Since then I've bought 4 Android phones that are way better than the A1 for a lot less. I bought an Optimus C from Cricket for 150, a Droid 2 off of eBay for 150, an A2 from Cricket for 130 and an EVO 4G from a buddy at work for 145. Do I regret buying the Ascend? Not at all, it was my first android phone.

hello so i upgraded my ascend over the weekend (tutorial worked great) love the new look and features but seem to be having trouble connecting to wireless is this normal also should i overclock phone or leave as is thanks for all your help
    I'm glad you were able to get it working. Was this your first time doing something like that?

I'm not sure about the wireless issue either. You're saying you can't connect to WiFi? Is everything else working fine?

EDIT: Hit MENU, SETTINGS, then CyanogenMod Settings, Performance, hit "OK", then CPU settings, and check the MAX CPU frequency. If it is already set to 710 Mhz, that's fine, just close the window. If it's set to something else (600 Mhz) then set it to 710 Mhz. If you like how it performs, keep it. If you don't, switch it back. Personally, I leave my phone set to 710 Mhz and it runs pretty good.
    Last edited by avenue; 10-10-2011 at 01:27 PM.

this was my first time and it worked like a charm the wireless will say its cutting on and then shut off on its own everything else is working great glory should be right around the corner cant wait

this was my first time and it worked like a charm the wireless will say its cutting on and then shut off on its own everything else is working great glory should be right around the corner cant wait
    I don't know what the problem is, but I'm glad everything else is working.

Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

I will never buy a huawei again.

Quote Originally Posted by xlarkascendingx View Post
    I will never buy a huawei again.
    Actually, I've been thinking quite the opposite. I am satisfied with my purchase (now that it has CyanogenMod 7 on it) and I do plan on purchasing another Huawei device in the future.

Did you have a problem with your device?

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

I loved the Ascend when I first bought it, but then my tech lust took over and I wanted more. I put CM7 on it and I was all pleased again...for a while. I think that there were some serious shortcomings on this phone, but I spent $100...I think it was a killer bargain, and I will be buying the Glory when it comes out. Huawei is really putting out bang for the buck!

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonrw View Post
    I loved the Ascend when I first bought it, but then my tech lust took over and I wanted more. I put CM7 on it and I was all pleased again...for a while. I think that there were some serious shortcomings on this phone, but I spent $100...I think it was a killer bargain, and I will be buying the Glory when it comes out. Huawei is really putting out bang for the buck!
    The one thing I really think they should have put on the phone was a 3.5 mm headset jack. I can't believe they didn't put that on the phone.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Initially, the 2.5mm jack didn't bother me. I had a spare headphone set since my wife bought the same phone, but then I wanted a better sounding headset...and I couldn't find one that fit to save my life. I found that irksome. Still...I'd buy it again! Just not today.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

got the ascend for free. 1st android i have ever had personally, though i did play around with other folk's androids and even flashed roms for them.
    first rom flashed into my ascend was Icarus. was ok, but seemed laggy, kept it on the phone for about 2 months before it irritated me.
    next up was CM6. simple and responsive, just the way i wanted my phone.
    out of curiosity last month, i flashed CM7. it was nice, but it seemed i traded cricket bloatware for CM7 bloatware. and on top of that, it didn't feel as responsive as before. so i went back to CM6

overall....
    yes, the ascend was well worth it, and i can honestly say that if i had to pay for it, i would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    got the ascend for free. 1st android i have ever had personally, though i did play around with other folk's androids and even flashed roms for them.
    first rom flashed into my ascend was Icarus. was ok, but seemed laggy, kept it on the phone for about 2 months before it irritated me.
    next up was CM6. simple and responsive, just the way i wanted my phone.
    out of curiosity last month, i flashed CM7. it was nice, but it seemed i traded cricket bloatware for CM7 bloatware. and on top of that, it didn't feel as responsive as before. so i went back to CM6

overall....
    yes, the ascend was well worth it, and i can honestly say that if i had to pay for it, i would have.
    The first and only ROM I've ever been on other than stock was CM7. I haven't tried CM6.

It's been laggy ever since I upgrade from an earlier build, so I'm about to do a factory reset.

I agree, it was worth getting the phone. I paid $89.99 for it, which I think was a good price. You got an even better deal, getting it for free.

What phone do you think you're going to get next?

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post

What phone do you think you're going to get next?
    trying to wait for the Glory/Victory or whatever Cricket is going to call it

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    trying to wait for the Glory/Victory or whatever Cricket is going to call it
    Oh, that's right. I would really like to get that, but the price is a little too high. I do think the price is reasonable though. It's just, after getting a new phone for $89.99, it will be difficult to get another one for $250 a year later. It definitely think it's worth the money though.

I'm becoming a fan of Huawei. They have been improving a lot over the past year.

You might want to check out ZTE too. I wouldn't be surprised if Cricket comes out with a nice ZTE smartphone. I know Boost Mobile has a nice one. I think they're both Chinese companies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information