Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: Do you think your Huawei Ascend was worth what you paid?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do.

10 83.33%
  • No, I don't.

2 16.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post

You might want to check out ZTE too. I wouldn't be surprised if Cricket comes out with a nice ZTE smartphone.
    ZTE phones (just like many Cricket Samsung phones) will be focusing on the Muve music platform, which to me is too similar to iTunes/iPhone. I hate my Score because of their focus on this music app. Seriously, 3 gigs on a memory card specifically made for music that is compressed to roughly 30 Mb size is just too much. Who really needs 1000 songs in their phone?

Huawei has actually impressed me over the past 3 years, and I will probably stick with Huawei products until Cricket is able to get Motorola smartphones in their market (though I doubt that will be happening anytime soon, but maybe with the 4G move, who knows).

It looks like Cricket will be focusing on the Chorus for the beginning of December, and (I'm hoping at least) the Glory/Victory probably won't come out till mid month.

EDIT: it seems the best CM7 build for the Ascend was the 0728 build. the builds after that added some nice stuff, but really bogged down the Ascend.
    Last edited by Rites; 11-26-2011 at 05:25 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    ZTE phones (just like many Cricket Samsung phones) will be focusing on the Muve music platform, which to me is too similar to iTunes/iPhone. I hate my Score because of their focus on this music app. Seriously, 3 gigs on a memory card specifically made for music that is compressed to roughly 30 Mb size is just too much. Who really needs 1000 songs in their phone?

Huawei has actually impressed me over the past 3 years, and I will probably stick with Huawei products until Cricket is able to get Motorola smartphones in their market (though I doubt that will be happening anytime soon, but maybe with the 4G move, who knows).

It looks like Cricket will be focusing on the Chorus for the beginning of December, and (I'm hoping at least) the Glory/Victory probably won't come out till mid month.

EDIT: it seems the best CM7 build for the Ascend was the 0728 build. the builds after that added some nice stuff, but really bogged down the Ascend.
    I think most of Cricket's new Android phones will be Muve Music capable. If you don't have Muve Music, can you reformat the card so that all of the storage is user storage, and none set aside for Muve Music? If not, I think Cricket should give customers two options when they purchase the phone. I think they should be able to choose between a regular MicroSD or a Muve Music MicroSD card. That way, everyone is happy. If you take a look at the ZTE phone Boost Mobile has, you might like it. It just shows what they can do. Of course, Boost Mobile doesn't have Muve Music, so if Cricket were to get something similar it might be a little different (with a dedicated Muve Music key, for example).

Huawei has impressed me also, but I must say I don't think I've heard of them before the Huawei Ascend. The name was new to me.

I'm running a newer build of CM7, but I don't feel like switching back. I'll probably just do a factory reset to get rid of the applications that carried over when upgrading.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

It sucked that the phone couldn't be upgraded. Stuck with 2.1 I tried doing it myself but I couldn't do it. That's why I'm trying to buy a different phone currently.

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Mike View Post
    It sucked that the phone couldn't be upgraded. Stuck with 2.1 I tried doing it myself but I couldn't do it. That's why I'm trying to buy a different phone currently.
    What problem did you have trying to update the phone? Have you looked at the latest stickies and tried to follow the tutorial?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I haven't tried recently. The last time I tried was that video. To be honest I would rathar pay someone to do if it's not too much money.

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

I think Cricket should give customers two options when they purchase the phone. I think they should be able to choose between a regular MicroSD or a Muve Music MicroSD card. That way, everyone is happy.
    Great idea, but I don't foresee this happening. You could reformat the Muve MicroSD as you stated above, and I'm quite sure with a bit of tinkering you could change the size of the dedicated Muve space, but I tinker with too much as it is, and personally I don't see an advantage to Muve at all.

If you take a look at the ZTE phone Boost Mobile has, you might like it. It just shows what they can do.
    Specs are nice, phone seems like a decent deal, but I have not had great experience with Boost. Customer service sucks, and (many) of their salespeople are completely in the dark about what they are selling. Its like product knowledge isn't important to them.

Huawei has impressed me also, but I must say I don't think I've heard of them before the Huawei Ascend. The name was new to me.

I'm running a newer build of CM7, but I don't feel like switching back. I'll probably just do a factory reset to get rid of the applications that carried over when upgrading.
    First time I heard of Huawei was about 3 years ago, the first phone I remember selling from them was a decent little flip phone through Pocket Wireless. I can't find it anywhere online, but it was a basic flip phone for about $59 when we were selling them, and they were good quality

What issues were you having? Or are you talking about the fact that it was never upgraded to 2.2 by Cricket? Because there are plenty of ROMs you could flash that can solve that issue for you, and make the Ascend work so much smoother.
    Last edited by Rites; 11-27-2011 at 12:22 PM.

I haven't tried recently. The last time I tried was that video. To be honest I would rathar pay someone to do if it's not too much money.
    I posted a tutorial not too long ago. You can try it if you want: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...ei-ascend.html

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    Great idea, but I don't foresee this happening. You could reformat the Muve MicroSD as you stated above, and I'm quite sure with a bit of tinkering you could change the size of the dedicated Muve space, but I tinker with too much as it is, and personally I don't see an advantage to Muve at all.

Specs are nice, phone seems like a decent deal, but I have not had great experience with Boost. Customer service sucks, and (many) of their salespeople are completely in the dark about what they are selling. Its like product knowledge isn't important to them.

First time I heard of Huawei was about 3 years ago, the first phone I remember selling from them was a decent little flip phone through Pocket Wireless. I can't find it anywhere online, but it was a basic flip phone for about $59 when we were selling them, and they were good quality

What issues were you having? Or are you talking about the fact that it was never upgraded to 2.2 by Cricket? Because there are plenty of ROMs you could flash that can solve that issue for you, and make the Ascend work so much smoother.
    I've actually experienced the opposite.. With Virgin Mobile, customer service seems great. I'm guessing Boost's customer service is similar. I haven't talked on the phone with Virgin Mobile for a while, but their email support is great.

I'll try to look up some old Huawei phones to see what they look like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information