Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

cdysthe

My Huawei Ascend is not able to dial numbers with "wait" (;) in them.

Hi,

I often call conference call lines where you have to enter an access number to get in. To add a wait to a number I simply ad a ";" (semicolon) where I want the pause to be. An number could look like this: 1 866-345-2350;23456678#. A window pops up where I want the wait and ask me if I want to send the following numbers, the ones after the ":". Normally when I hit "Ok" the numbers are sent. Not so on the Huawei Ascend. Nothing happens when I hit "Ok" so I am not getting into the conference. I am able to enter the numbers manually, but since I do this a lot it's really cumbersome having to do it.

I'm not sure whether this is an Android 2.1 or Huawei hardware problem, but I sure would like to see it fixed!

2. Remove this advertisement.

There is an app in the Market called "Pause Dialer Lite". This should do the trick. If not others have mentioned entering a comma (,) or p (p) instead. Each should add a 2 second pause. Let me know what happens! Thanks.

cdysthe

Thanks. I thought of that solution myself, but the app doesn't solve the problem either on the Huawei. No tones are sent with the app just like using the built in pause. It's like the Huawei isn't able to send tones after the call is connected. Makes me think it is hardware related.

Have you tried "Conference Call Dialer"? It seems to have mixed reviews...

I wish I had a conference call to dial into right now so I could practice. We were using one in my Reserve unit, but not anymore.

cdysthe

Just tried Conference Call Dialer. Same problem: Not able to send the tones after the call is connected. I do not think any app can fix this. The problem is in the Android dialer itself or in the phone hardware. The apps are using the Android Dialer and are not connecting the calls themselves. I hope this is Android related and not hw since I then would have to get another phone. I do a lot of phone conferences and need for this to work.

ConferenceCall

I really appropriate all the members answers but I think so cdysthe is absolutely right because I try it at my office and it works.

cdysthe

Quote Originally Posted by cdysthe View Post
    Just tried Conference Call Dialer. Same problem: Not able to send the tones after the call is connected. I do not think any app can fix this. The problem is in the Android dialer itself or in the phone hardware. The apps are using the Android Dialer and are not connecting the calls themselves. I hope this is Android related and not hw since I then would have to get another phone. I do a lot of phone conferences and need for this to work.
    I'm in the same situation. Now I have to walk around with a list of conference logins in my pocket I have to pull up every times I having conference. This is an impossible situation. ! I looked at my wives Sanyo Zio and that one does not have that problem. Maybe I have to switch carrier again? Cricket and Sprint are the only ones working well at both my office and home, so I may have to go back to much more expensive Sprint. Ugh!

Thread Information