Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Is it possible to get Android 2.2 or Android 2.3 on my Huawei Ascend?

Yes, it is possible, using a ROM called CyanogenMod 6 or CyanogenMod 7.

CyanogenMod 6 is basically Android 2.2 and CyanogenMod 7 is basically Android 2.3.

For information on how to install CyanogenMod 6 or CyanogenMod 7, check out the following thread: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...-installs.html

Please note: This is all to be done AT YOUR OWN RISK. You will be voiding your warranty and you can break your phone. If you're not sure if you're doing the right thing, post and ask a question. There are many who are willing to help!
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-13-2011 at 12:55 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Does this custom roms work as great as the real updates? I want to know before trying it.
    Last edited by Lucien90; 07-17-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

I am curious about the process of using ROMs to upgrade the OS on my Ascend. I have never gone through this process before, so I am a little bit gunshy about trying it for the first time. I'd like to know how difficult the process is for someone doing it for the first time, and what the odds of success are. If it really is true that Cricket will soon have an official 2.2 upgrade available, I may just wait for that. However, it may be a good thing to know how to go about installing ROMs on an Android.

Also, if a ROM is installed and Cricket later brings out an official upgrade, can the ROM be replaced by the official upgrade?

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Ratherbflyin View Post
    I am curious about the process of using ROMs to upgrade the OS on my Ascend. I have never gone through this process before, so I am a little bit gunshy about trying it for the first time. I'd like to know how difficult the process is for someone doing it for the first time, and what the odds of success are. If it really is true that Cricket will soon have an official 2.2 upgrade available, I may just wait for that. However, it may be a good thing to know how to go about installing ROMs on an Android.

Also, if a ROM is installed and Cricket later brings out an official upgrade, can the ROM be replaced by the official upgrade?
    Good question, I myself have been wondering if the rom would be replace if Cricket launches an upgrade. May be the update for the MetroPC ascend will work on the Cricket version, since they're the same phone but just different carriers.
    Last edited by Lucien90; 07-18-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend,CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien90 View Post
    Good question, I myself have been wondering if the rom would be replace if Cricket launches an upgrade. May be the update for the MetroPC ascend will work on the Cricket version, since they're the same phone but just different carriers.
    I have CM7 2.3.4 on my Huawei Ascend I have ADW Launcher on it Costume Boot up Screen and Everything Runs Smooth I have it Over Clocked to 691 No problems At all With it If you are intrested in Putting this on ur Huawei Ascend I say Go for it Fallow the Directions and there should be no Problem If you need any Advice Feel free too Hit me up with any Questions

Hi, I found one bug during my Cyanogenmod 7 install . mine would get stuck in the boot loader(droid over and over). the problem was the Google Apps dated 20110501, the fix for me was to use the Newer Google Apps dated 20110613. hope the may help

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Phone
    Droid X2, Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien90 View Post
    Does this custom roms work as great as the real updates? I want to know before trying it.
    Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratherbflyin View Post

Cricket won't update the ROM. They're selling the Ascends dirt cheap, and pushing the Ascend 2s. Even if they decided to update, they would only go to 2.2, which MetroPCS did some time ago on their Ascends. IF Cricket decides to update the ROM, and you wish to get the update, just flash back to stock, then you'll be good to update. Knowing how to flash back to stock is probably important know matter how you mod your phone, in the off chance you have to return it.

Overall activity: 0%

Canogen works great i found the speed and control was almost double from the begining. I was told by cricket store it was impossible to upgrade that phone to 2.2 or 2.3. However canogen made it easy. It will let you know when there is an update and installs just like any other app outta the store. very easy to use and install. there is a great video on youtube for it. The guy walks you through the whole thing step by step. just skip 2.2 and go to 2.3 its much more stable version. i ran my phone with it for more than 1 1/2 years till i upgraded phones. trust me its awesome. only issue i had is the camera started frezzing a couple months ago however there is a new update that most probally fixed it. i didnt install that one as like i said ive upgraded phones. Once it was in i never went back to old setup.

Thread Information