Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Article: Do you think Cricket should offer plans with a set number of minutes?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    droid 2

no, not a good idea unlimited plans are the future, i believe people who convert to cricket are tired of playing those games

Quote Originally Posted by Zozomale View Post
    no, not a good idea unlimited plans are the future, i believe people who convert to cricket are tired of playing those games
    How would you expect Cricket to compete with, let's say, Virgin Mobile's $25/month plan, that includes unlimited messaging and data, but only 300 minutes?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Crickets business model is built from the ground up on offering unlimited minutes. Why the hell would they offer minute plans? This would require a retooling of the financial system within the company to allow for cost calculations by the minute. i.e. how much is this customer costing each month only using 500 minutes. Thats the way the big four do things and thats why they cant or wont offer inexpensive unlimited plans. Their financial model is based on billing for each minute. Cricket would be utterly crazy to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Crickets business model is built from the ground up on offering unlimited minutes. Why the hell would they offer minute plans? This would require a retooling of the financial system within the company to allow for cost calculations by the minute. i.e. how much is this customer costing each month only using 500 minutes. Thats the way the big four do things and thats why they cant or wont offer inexpensive unlimited plans. Their financial model is based on billing for each minute. Cricket would be utterly crazy to do this.
    Yeah, I know Cricket is built upon unlimited, and I used to think everything should be unlimited, but I have realized that there are a lot of people that don't need, or even want unlimited. They use more messaging and data than anything else. So, $55/month for an Android phone is a lot, compared to Virgin Mobile at $25/month (for 300 minutes).

I know MetroPCS was offering minute plans. I'm not sure if they're still doing it or not though.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I know Cricket is built upon unlimited, and I used to think everything should be unlimited, but I have realized that there are a lot of people that don't need, or even want unlimited. They use more messaging and data than anything else. So, $55/month for an Android phone is a lot, compared to Virgin Mobile at $25/month (for 300 minutes).

I know MetroPCS was offering minute plans. I'm not sure if they're still doing it or not though.
    They wont offer minute plans. They dont want to be everything to everyone. It's to fragmented.

They wont offer minute plans. They dont want to be everything to everyone. It's to fragmented.
    I just think Cricket is missing out on a lot. They can offer plans with only messaging and data for the deaf, they can offer plans for the elderly, and so on.

If I was in charge of Cricket, I'd try to have a little bit of everything. Sure, unlimited is good, but there are a lot of people out there that Cricket could have if they offered other plans.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I just think Cricket is missing out on a lot. They can offer plans with only messaging and data for the deaf, they can offer plans for the elderly, and so on.
    I would like to see a unlimited web and message only plan that would be nice for a lot of people I know (they never talk on their phones)

Sent from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

I personally think that Cricket should do this, but only to people that know that they don't talk a lot or text, and Cricket could charge for example, " $40 per month for limited call minutes and ulimited texts, based on what the customer prefers."

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Cricket has been discussing a text only plan. Perhaps they'll add data to it as well.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Cricket has been discussing a text only plan. Perhaps they'll add data to it as well.
    That would be great

Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

That's great! I think it would be great to try to offer that to the deaf, and to young people in school. If they added data to it, and like 50 minutes of talk time a month, I think a lot of people would get it. There are so many people that don't talk a lot, they just text and go on the Internet.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

That's great! I think it would be great to try to offer that to the deaf, and to young people in school. If they added data to it, and like 50 minutes of talk time a month, I think a lot of people would get it. There are so many people that don't talk a lot, they just text and go on the Internet.
    Depending on the price would be nice but I don't know if they would do it especially if people started doing the free web based calling because they would lose money

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Depending on the price would be nice but I don't know if they would do it especially if people started doing the free web based calling because they would lose money

Yeah, I didn't even think of that.. But, the deaf might want to do video calls often so they can see each other and sign to each other. That would use a lot of data too.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Yeah, I didn't even think of that.. But, the deaf might want to do video calls often so they can see each other and sign to each other. That would use a lot of data too.
    Oh yea. On that note I use more than 1gb before I get throttled. The one night I was tethered and did almost 2gb download before my speed dropped to about half of normal then two days later and no idea how much data use later it dropped down so slow I nearly wasn't able to check my hotmail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information